Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Ish

Lights on for Luke
https://x.com/lauriewhitwell/status/1767926079161831439?s=46

Athletic reckons he could be back vs Brentford.

On the one hand, much less disastrous of an injury than it first appeared. On the other hand, seems ridiculous to rush him back and risk another, more serious injury.
That’s assuming that he would be rushed back and it not just be his actual recovery time? Sounds like we’re not rushing him back based on those few words in that tweet

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
https://x.com/lauriewhitwell/status/1767926079161831439?s=46

Athletic reckons he could be back vs Brentford.

On the one hand, much less disastrous of an injury than it first appeared. On the other hand, seems ridiculous to rush him back and risk another, more serious injury.
I don't think he'll be rushed but that will be 8 weeks from the injury and it did seem like that timeframe had a bit of fat in it going by some of the stuff I'd read. Think the club would rather under promise and over deliver from now on rather than what happened with Mount, Malacia and others

Mike Smalling

What a boost he’d be for the run in. With him I think we could make up some points on Spurs and Villa. Without him I think the gap stays roughly as it is.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

I hope they are managing this with 100% long-term thinking and no panicking just to see him completely ruined.

Nicoteiro

I don’t think he even kicks a ball with Argentina. They are calling him from a human point of view.

Ludens the Red

I think they will have learnt nothing and rush him back.
To be fair the injuries weren’t the same. Was his metatarsal last season which he actually had an entire pre season break for before returning. Then knee ligament sprain v West Ham was because some idiot fell on his knee. And this was the two months diagnosed anyway. For once a player is actually returning when the club said he would.

Nicoteiro

Wtf does "calling him from a human point of view" mean?
I don't think it's that hard to understand mate They get along pretty well, especially Romero - Molina and Licha are like best mates, they've got themselves tattooed and everything. And the rest of the squad and the staff consider Licha as someone useful for the team in the human aspect, being a good leader and player.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I don't think it's that hard to understand mate They get along pretty well, especially Romero - Molina and Licha are like best mates, they've got themselves tattooed and everything. And the rest of the squad and the staff consider Licha as someone useful for the team in the human aspect, being a good leader and player.
That's just called being a good dressing room presence. Human aspect doesn't make any sense - what is he? Juan Mata?

croadyman

He missed out on FA Cup Final last year due to injury so will be desperate to get us there

Sniper007

We are so lucky to have so many medical experts on this forum looking out for Martinez. It’s a shame the professional medics at utd are going to ruin his career.

croadyman

We are so lucky to have so many medical experts on this forum looking out for Martinez. It’s a shame the professional medics at utd are going to ruin his career.
He will be in the hands of Argentina's medical staff now for the next week or so

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Question is: will he come back and be as reckless and hard-edged as before? Rushing into bone-crunching tackles and not giving a second thought to the fallout, or will he be a more measured player; more aware of his fragility; thinking twice before rushing into everything.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Question is: will he come back and be as reckless and hard-edged as before? Rushing into bone-crunching tackles and not giving a second thought to the fallout, or will he be a more measured player; more aware of his fragility; thinking twice before rushing into everything.
Why would he change, his current injury was due to someone landing on him not a reckless or hard edged challenge, and if he stopped doing those things he'd be half the player he is and basically useless for us

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Why would he change, his current injury was due to someone landing on him not a reckless or hard edged challenge, and if he stopped doing those things he'd be half the player he is and basically useless for us
Because it must(?) take a toll psychologically to be so frequently injured. Does the desire to actually play football outweigh particular styles of play that are going to put your body on the line more often than needs be?

Blood Mage

Will be great to get him back. I do worry that he's becoming an injury prone player though, perhaps his small frame and aggressive style combined with the intensity of PL football makes that likely? (I fear)

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Because it must(?) take a toll psychologically to be so frequently injured. Does the desire to actually play football outweigh particular styles of play that are going to put your body on the line more often than needs be?
He wouldn't be the player he is if he doesn't play the way he does, the day he decides he can't make a tackle or a block or whatever because he thinks he might get injured is the day he's finished as a footballer

A-man

I think it is normal to come back from an injury and hold back a little but then if everything goes fine most players return to their normal game within a few matches. I thought he held back a little when he came back from his foot injury but it could also be that there was still some pain.
A player returning after long injuries also lacks timing and match tempo which make them look like holding back maybe. I also think that’s the reason why we often see injuries coming again and again for the same player even if the injuries don’t have anything to do with each other.That a come back player is more vulnerable. Or some players are just more fragile than others/have more bad luck.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He can be as calm as a buddhist monk on the pitch but if some fecker decided it'll be funny to belly flop him they'll do it regardless. He might as well keep playing to his strength.

Nickelodeon

It’s part of his rehabilitation from injury, the club support it I believe.
Still seems odd. Shouldn't an injured player who isn't going to be playing avoid the travel and continue rehabilitation at the parent club? Especially if he's going to be playing soon. What's the sense in him travelling to Argentina and then, presumably, returning just days before the Brentford game?

Grande

Still seems odd. Shouldn't an injured player who isn't going to be playing avoid the travel and continue rehabilitation at the parent club? Especially if he's going to be playing soon. What's the sense in him travelling to Argentina and then, presumably, returning just days before the Brentford game?
Yes, it’s unusual. If Argentina wants him to become an important part of the new group post WC, and if he himself wants it intensely because he missed out on so much playing time in Argentina’s WC winning campaign, and if our medical and coaching team finds it defensible from a point of reatitution and positive from the point of motivation as compared to training with United leftovers, that might come together as an explanation for the exception to the rule.

Foolsgold21

Shaw is doing the same with England - seems to be fairly common now to keep player in touch with those teammates.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I get it, especially during a tournament year. The squads are together so infrequently and Martinez is a sure bet for the Argentina squad if he's fit. Makes sense to have him around.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
I get it, especially during a tournament year. The squads are together so infrequently and Martinez is a sure bet for the Argentina squad if he's fit. Makes sense to have him around.
+ it gives him an opportunity to see his family

Red Royal

He needs to be very carefully managed. There was no way he could of expected a Hammer falling on him of course; just that he is so so important to us.