Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

So it seems LVG has confirmed that Young's going to play the full 90 vs Liverpool, I wonder if that means no Shaw, or if Young might play on the right? I was looking forward to seeing Shaw again.

Brightonian

Looked far more comfortable coming on against tired players, could be our new super sub? Wing back takes a lot of energy so can see our sub's being in those positions.
Um... I think he just played really well, to be honest.

So it seems LVG has confirmed that Young's going to play the full 90 vs Liverpool, I wonder if that means no Shaw, or if Young might play on the right? I was looking forward to seeing Shaw again.
Same. I'm hoping that Shaw left and Young right will be our starting wingbacks going into the season proper (with Rafa getting his chance to compete with Young once he's fit again, obviously). So maybe that's what he's going to try out against Liverpool.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Um... I think he just played really well, to be honest.

Same. I'm hoping that Shaw left and Young right will be our starting wingbacks going into the season proper (with Rafa getting his chance to compete with Young once he's fit again, obviously). So maybe that's what he's going to try out against Liverpool.
Hope for this too. There's just something depressing about both Young and Valencia in the same line-up.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
If Young is playing the full 90, wouldn't surprise me if he plays one half on the right and the other on the left with Shaw and Valencia playing 45 minutes each.

Manucho the boss

Really need big games from our wing backs tonight. Liverpool are prone to getting their full backs caught up the field which gives space for Young/Shaw to drive into.

JaapStam1986

I'm not been able to catch any of the games but how has Shaw progressed during the tour? I know LvG said he was a bit unfit for the role he's been asked to do but has he got a good attitude to succeed at the club?

Fully Fledged

Doesn't look fit enough yet. if he works at his fitness my be a good player. Not overly impress with his offensive play at the moment to be honest. Young has been far more productive in the final third when playing left wing back on the tour.

JaapStam1986

Doesn't look fit enough yet. if he works at his fitness my be a good player. Not overly impress with his offensive play at the moment to be honest. Young has been far more productive in the final third when playing left wing back on the tour.
I'm sure over time that will come along with his performances offensively. We know could do it with Southampton. Just needs a bit of time to settle into the new team.

Sam

I'm not been able to catch any of the games but how has Shaw progressed during the tour? I know LvG said he was a bit unfit for the role he's been asked to do but has he got a good attitude to succeed at the club?
Started off quite shaky (looked nervous to me) but has steadily grown into it. Looks very solid defensively, strong in the tackle, good at tracking runners, and very good at making interceptions. Going forward he's obviously very fast, but needs to work on beating a man and crossing (which apparently he already has been working on in training)

NoPace

Started off quite shaky (looked nervous to me) but has steadily grown into it. Looks very solid defensively, strong in the tackle, good at tracking runners, and very good at making interceptions. Going forward he's obviously very fast, but needs to work on beating a man and crossing (which apparently he already has been working on in training)
I'd just add that he's quite good at playing the ball infield and on the ground, rather than only going vertically, an underrated skill for a fullback.

Man Utd 3:1 Liverpool

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I don't want to curse him but he's looked a lot better since the whole fitness thing. He's responded fantastically to it so far after his first two disappointing appearences for us.

He's managed to make good out of the situation so far. Really positive signs from him.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He was good in this half but I wish he demands the ball more than he does at the moment, it's quite obvious he can make a difference but he is quiet at times.

Skills

Snitch
It must be gut-wrenching as a wingback busting a nut to get yourself open and then being completely ignored, and the team losing the ball anyway. Happened to him twice in that half.

Unlikely lad

Been great. Looks like Shaw on the left and Young on the right is our best pairing at the moment...

adamwest

His first touch is far far better than I ever thought. He releases the ball at the right time and plays nice neat passes. Bombs forward too. Quality looking addition.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Impressive. I hope he can be an Irwin or Evra who rarely misses a game.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I'm impressed that Shaw found himself when other more experienced players seemed to get overcome by the ocassion of playing Liverpool. Its just pre-season but he didn't show the panicky play some others did, which totally contrasted his nervous first few appearances. Showed bottle tonight. Pleased.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Really like the look of him. He has great intelligence in the final third, beyond his years.

saivet

He's got a great first touch and a very good pass on him

Hojoon

He's been continuously getting better after a nervous couple of matches. Like Evra, his attacking contribution is a lot more than what his stats show.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Very accomplished. Get the feeling he'll keep gradually improving until he's a rock at LB.

Trizy

Very impressive and very happy for him too, he actually looked chuffed in the team photo with the trophy. Defends well, his first touch is actually perfect and his low cross to the 18 yard line is a very intelligent pass with great vision, he's done it in every match this tour and each time finding his man but majority of the time that player wasn't expecting it. Few more games together and they'll be waiting for that ball!

Raw

He's getting better and better :drool:

Going to be difficult to choose between Young and Shaw in that LWB role.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He's getting better and better :drool:

Going to be difficult to choose between Young and Shaw in that LWB role.
Shaw left wing-back, Young right wing-back. I fully expect us to start versus Swansea like this.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He did really well. He's got such a great burst of pace and he looks very composted. It's mad to think he's only 19.

Zoo

Did really well again, he is quickly going to become a fans favourite I think.

pseudo_canadian

I like him a lot. He got more comfortable in his role as the tour went along. Impressed with his performances and effort, he'll be a star.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
He is progressively getting better. Took the criticism really well and looks sharper now. Some more improvement in crossing and he can be a fantastic LB/LWB.

Juan't Mata

There was one incredible burst infield with the ball second half, my stream was crap and I assumed it was Rooney, such was the power and pace. Couldn't believe it was Shaw - he's really good already and still settling in.

Status
Not open for further replies.