Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
He was great. I'd heard so much good stuff about Sane that I was worried he might come on fresh and tear us a new one with all the gaps we were giving up by pushing forward. Turns out we had nothing to worry about on that flank with Shaw marshalling him with ease.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Apparently has a hamstring injury and will miss the midweek game at least.

red_john

It's great to have him back. He has been one of our most consistent players so far and he will get even better as the season goes on.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Apparently has a hamstring injury and will miss the midweek game at least.
Hope it's actually his hamstring and not the club trying to avoid hysteria over his break causing him a bit of jip. Late on in the game he was feeling his lower leg any time the camera was on him. Hopefully just a bit of cramp though.

3KDré

The only player on the pitch without blame today. Excellent player.

derace

because he isnt good going forward and we needed a goal?

pascell

He's going to win our POTY at a canter imo, he's averaging a minimum 7/8 performance every game. He just needs to add to his attacking game and then he'll be up there with the best.

Dobbs

He was good defensively but I'd blame him for the first goal. There's no way he should have bombed past Martial and left him back to goal with two of their players on him. Safety first was needed there.

Bojan11

He was good defensively but I'd blame him for the first goal. There's no way he should have bombed past Martial and left him back to goal with two of their players on him. Safety first was needed there.
There was a counter attack on if Martial had not dwelled on it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Fantastic defender.

Needs to work on his overlapping play though, he's far too safe in going forward. Needs to learn when to make a run as a few times there was space and the wide player wanted help, but he didn't do it.

No complaints though, he's a pure rolls Royce in defence.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He's incredible really. A picture of this lad should be pinned up on the dressing room door and the rest told that he is the standard setter at the club and the rest need to fall in line if they want to be considered good enough for this club.

He's missed a season with a horror injury, had his leg pinned back together and he comes back like he's never been away. The other players should be absoletely ashamed of themselves.

criticalanalysis

He was good today but I thought he gave whoever, who was on his side a bit too much space. He stood off them, which allowed them to either cut inside or see most of the pitch to play easy passes.

He's obviously trying not to get skinned or get too close and I know he didn't have much help but perhaps he could be a bit more aggressive in closing his man down that left flank.

Again though that's just a criticism on the team. You either all close (so you know someone will have your back/the space behind you) or you freestyle in the situation, which means compromises are made i.e Shaw giving his guy space and letting them play their way around us.

You can't be too mad about that. Individually he does 6-8 out of the 10 things he's required. The others you can't expect to come without any team cohesion in place.

Dobbs

There was a counter attack on if Martial had not dwelled on it.
A defender has to choose the right moments to overlap. Just because it might be on doesn't mean he should go for it.

Martial was deep in his own half with two of theirs immediately on him. Shaw left him stranded in my opinion with no real options.

On top of that Pogba had already made the rum for the counter. Watch again and you'll see him and Shaw practically next to each other.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Mourinho's essentially called him out as the first point of reference in the 2nd goals for City and today. Called it tactical and a mental issue that there was 25+ yards space in front of the left back and that we stood off and didn't press.

tob

A defender has to choose the right moments to overlap. Just because it might be on doesn't mean he should go for it.

Martial was deep in his own half with two of theirs immediately on him. Shaw left him stranded in my opinion with no real options.

On top of that Pogba had already made the rum for the counter. Watch again and you'll see him and Shaw practically next to each other.
I agree. Wrong decision by Shaw to go for that overlap and by that putting his teammate in a difficult position. Martial should be able to put the ball forward with a lob pass, but Shaw should see Pogba going for the same space and instead offer Martial an easier choice.

Shaw should also be in part of the blame for their second goal as well. Instead of forcing Amrabat on the outside he steers him to the inside. Pereyra is Pogba's man to mark, but he ends up in between Shaw and Pereyra, forcing Fellaini to cover the run of Pereyra. Shaw should see the danger of Zuniga but doesn't make the effort. Pogba should also do better in that situation. As soon as he understands that Fellaini is covering the run from Pereyra he should cover the space left by Fellaini.

NinjaFletch

Mourinho's essentially called him out as the first point of reference in the 2nd goals for City and today. Called it tactical and a mental issue that there was 25+ yards space in front of the left back and that we stood off and didn't press.
I haven't seen his comments but I fail to see how you could lay blame for that at Shaw's feet.

NinjaFletch

It's harsh but it's true, Shaw should have been tighter.
But how can Shaw be criticised for 25+ yards of space and a lack of press infront of him? Thats a criticism of the players infront of him, not him himself. If Mourinho is actually criticising Shaw for that thats not harsh, thats ludicrous.

criticalanalysis

But how can Shaw be criticised for 25+ yards of space and a lack of press infront of him? Thats a criticism of the players infront of him, not him himself. If Mourinho is actually criticising Shaw for that thats not harsh, thats ludicrous.
If you watch the 2nd goal again, the ball was in a stationary position with the player squaring up Shaw on the byline. I've said this elsewhere, on the one hand I can understand Shaw not wanting to get tight and get skinned, on the other, he gave him a bit too much to simply play the easy pass.

It's not a massive criticism of Shaw because it's hard to press alone but there should be some responsibility on his part.

That's just his. Others deserve criticism too.

3KDré

I don't think he was at fault, but I do think that he and DDG are usually our most consistently excellent players.

NinjaFletch

If you watch the 2nd goal again, the ball was in a stationary position with the player squaring up Shaw on the byline. I've said this elsewhere, on the one hand I can understand Shaw not wanting to get tight and get skinned, on the other, he gave him a bit too much to simply play the easy pass.

It's not a massive criticism of Shaw because it's hard to press alone but there should be some responsibility on his part.

That's just his. Others deserve criticism too.
Well not hard, its impossible especially when you're the left back and you have to hold your shape defensively.

I actually don't think Shaw had a particularly good game and feel like his athleticism masked what was actually quite an error strewn display (pretty sure it was him that lost his man at the set piece in the first half where they should have gone 1 up) but you can't criticise him for the lack of press on the left. That has to come from other players in front of him. He's about 11th on the list of players who started the game who deserve criticism.

Sigma

Double standards is hilarious. Shaw isn't good at attacking but he's good at defending = good performance.

Valencia can't cross = shit right back even though he has been excellent at defending. Stop judging him as a winger, he's a right back

Last edited:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He couldnt attack to save his life, really need to see some improvements in that aspect. We cant continue to have full backs who can barely deliver a cross.
He is usually good with his delivery to be fair

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is playing better than majority of our our players, but he'll definitely need to improve a lot at some things too, but even like this he is miles ahead of our any other LB option. I just hope he stays fit, otherhwise we are screwed if Rojo plays there.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I dont think he has had more than 3 assists since his arrival.
That might have something to do with not playing an awful lot, he did spend the majority of last season on the sidelines. In general his use of the ball in an attacking sense its actually quite good. Good cut backs, cross or pass.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I dont think he has had more than 3 assists since his arrival.
He has 2 assists in his entire career.

Still, I'm not worried about him. He's quite literally the last player we need to be worried about. His final ball is a bit crappy but his approach play going forward is quite good.

devips

Double standards is hilarious. Shaw isn't good at attacking but he's good at defending = good performance.

Valencia can't cross = shit right back even though he has been excellent going forward. Stop judging him as a winger, he's a right back
This. Ever wonder why most of the goals conceded by United this season were from the left side?

Status
Not open for further replies.