Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

Cannot even tell he had a horrific injury. Saying that, we know he can do more as we saw when he gets going with the ball and travelling (and of course getting to the byline for the overlap run).
Huge boost having him here.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Like I said, best LB in the league.
True. Great defender, really good going forward, strong, quick enough and plays with maturity that goes beyond his age. And still can only get better, tbf can't praise him enough!!

MaNNe-

Looks like he has immediately started where he left off before the injury. Seems to be fine mentally as well, which is really good. Let's hope he can remain injury free because he could be real class for us for 10 years.

Deleted member 101472

I think shaw has it in him to be a box to box midfielder . Would love to see him given a chance there with blind shifted to left back to allow bailly and smalling to at least have a go together.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I think shaw has it in him to be a box to box midfielder . Would love to see him given a chance there with blind shifted to left back to allow bailly and smalling to at least have a go together.
Why risk that? Surely better to just allow him to focus 100% on becoming the worlds best left back? He can achieve that with some luck with injuries.

Deleted member 101472

Why risk that? Surely better to just allow him to focus 100% on becoming the worlds best left back? He can achieve that with some luck with injuries.
I'm not fully advocating risking it , it's just a hunch I've had for a while about him, he has all the attributes but of course , he is as natural a modern left back as you're likely to see for his age anywhere in the world .

Ibi Dreams

:lol: You've been LVGed. Shaw is absolutely a left back, it's probably the hardest position to find a good player for and we have an absolute beauty in him. It would be nuts to move him.

beergod

If we can get him to improve his crossing in a manner similar to Gary Neville over the next few years he could be absurdly good.

flappyjay

:lol: You've been LVGed. Shaw is absolutely a left back, it's probably the hardest position to find a good player for and we have an absolute beauty in him. It would be nuts to move him.
Funny thing is Chelsea, Liverpool are searching for Lb's yet we have one with world class potential and already a very good fullback, we have another good lb in Blind, then you have CBJ who's has potential to be a very good lb. It's quite sad for us that none of them can play rb, if Valencia gets injured Darmian does not fill me with a lot of confidence when attacking.

VanGaalEra

Just love it when he sprints forward! Takes out half the field and the other side.

OohAahMartial

Very good game, looks close to full fitness too. Top pass to release Rooney at the end for the goal too.
Aaahhh I was wondering who made that pass, it was hard to tell even from the replays. It was a great pass into space behind their defenders and invited Rooney to go to the touchline. Quality.

Man Utd 1:2 Man City

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Looked to be pointing to the back of his leg when he went off?

Baxter

Looked to be pointing to the back of his leg when he went off?
Think he said he still gets a bit of pain. After all his work I wouldn't be surprised if he just cramped. Very good again today.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was pretty timid today. I think the early attacks really got the better of him, he very rarely darted forward.

Devil may care

He defended well for the most part, all of our players struggled to cope with the early intense pressing and this resulted in Shaw staying deep most of the game.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Thought he did well in the circumstances. Hopefully his substitution wasn't an injury.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he pulled out of a few 50/50's today. Solid overall, and understandable, but he's not at his best yet.

ZDwyr

He was decent IMO. I also thought he was a bit timid, but that's understandable and I am not too disappointed with that. He defended well but I'd really like to see him improve in the attacking side of things. Probably would help if he had a regular and constant LW in front of him.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Our MOTM in my opinion, the only outfield starter that played well today......

Zoo

I thought he was really good. He had a lot of pressure down his side and regularly came out on top.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Thought he was fine today as he was pretty isolated on the left. Hopefully he's okay and his substitution was either just a precaution or a change of tactics.

izec

Fantastic LB. Dfensivly and especially on 1 vs 1 he is a beast. Even when he was tired, Sane didnt do much against him.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
A little reserved today I thought. Due to tactics though, I'd guess.

Sb_16

Rarely beaten at 1-on-1 and has pace to cover up his mistakes. Sometimes loses his player. Needs to add to his attacking forte. We could really do with some decent crossing from the left as well.

Just a tactical substitution I hope.

Sylar

Fantastic positioning at times. Hardly got beaten in a 1 on 1. Sterling tried it on early with him, saw he couldnt get much and stopped trying. Sane didnt get much out of him either.

3KDré

When he gets going he is hard to beat, it's just that he rarely runs at full pelt.

ti vu

Why was he subbed? Injury pre cautious or actual injury from the England call up?

derace

because we needed a goal and he wasn't the best going forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.