Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Utd 2:0 Southampton

Tiber

Shaw was "fine" against Bournemouth and Leicester, but going forward he looks much more like his old self tonight

Coxy

It's good to see he hasn't lost any pace with the injury - playing well for you.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Thought he was our best player today. Dominated his side of the pitch and looked great going forward. So happy to see him back.
Agreed. He closed off a lot of Southampton's attacks down the left too by closing down angles well.

A very impressive performance and great step up from the Bournemouth fixture.

Zoo

Superb and IMO doesn't get enough credit. Come back from a horrific injury as good as new and it's barely mentioned, instead we just get desperate jibes about his weight.

Brightonian

He and Valencia were both brilliant, in contrasting ways. Tony was sheer commitment and discipline, absolutely crazy amount of work, essentially doing the jobs of three players. Shaw let his concentration lapse a couple of times, but more than made up for it with those explosive moments of attacking drive and inspiration, especially in the first half when Martial was completely going missing ahead of him.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Was fantastic to watch tonight. I was never worried about his defensive abilities, but it was his pace and willingness to drive forward that I wasn't sure how he would return. He's had moments in previous matches where he's done it, but this was the first match where he really attacked the opposition defence with pace and power consistently.

Sigma

Just seen the penalty again, not sure its a penalty :lol:

I don't know why Clasie looked guilty

Sigma

Looks like a pen. Classie's foot hits Shaw's right foot which trips him up.
You are right, slowing it down, theres a slight touch which pushes Shaw's food wider. Doesn't look that clear though from the TV cameras

Raw

Hearing a lot of shite about how it wasn't a penalty.

If there's a higher quality clip, it's clear that Clasie kicks Shaw's foot. Clasie literally didn't complain about the decision, he knew he fouled him.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Truly world class potential. Great to have him back

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Voted him for MOTM, he quietly does his job incredibly well. To be fair to LVG, not having him for most of last season was a big loss. He manages to cover his side while also support the winger on his side very well.

This guy is gonna be a United legend.

ZDwyr

Pleased to see him improve from the first game. He just has to keep building his form up. His pace doesn't seem to have gone anywhere which is great. Once he picks up speed he is like a bulldozer.

Riz

He's so fecking fast! There was a time he picked up the ball in the second half behind a Southampton player and just blitzed passed him until he was a good few metres behind in a matter of seconds. Great to see his attacking runs rewarded with winning the penalty. Yet another positive right now, he'll only get better as well.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
He's getting back to his best way quicker than I thought he would. It's fantastic to see.

ravi2

Best LB in England for me, amazing player and he is getting back to his best.

Devil may care

His best performance since his return, such an impressive young player both as a talent and as a person.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
It was an utterly blatant pen I'd expect to be given 9/10 times.

Not sure why some are so up in arms about it. Probably because it's United, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.