Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He is a fecking Tank. Most of the power humans generate comes from the arse so I'm not surprised :devil:

DickDastardly

I think he was great, again.

Smart positioning, knows when to back off, kept his side clean.
Also, very calm in posession, couple of smart lay offs to Matić and Pogba, knew his surroundings at all time.

That ass of his deserves a show, though.
Keeping up with the Shaw.

Reactions: golden_blunder

el3mel

On and upwards. He needs to improve some aspects in his defensive side but this the best form he has been since that injury.

Womp

idiot
Playing well recently, keep it up Shaw lad, make that position yours. Would save us a few pennies

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Have to admit I thought he was done here.

But credit where it's due he's working hard and putting in solid performances.

Hopefully he can maintain that and, most importantly stay fit.

The defensive side of his game needs to improve, but it will in time.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Young back now, will be very interesting to see if he goes straight back into the side or if Shaw has done enough...

pacifictheme

Want him to get a run of games but not very fair on young who was one of our stand out playera during his run in the side. Shaw could be the future though.

Sylar

Hopefully his run of games continues. He seems to be improving with each game too and has taken this chance (which seemed like a last chance).
Easy to forget but he still only 22.

Want him to get a run of games but not very fair on young who was one of our stand out playera during his run in the side. Shaw could be the future though.
Whilst I agree, I also think Young shouldnt get back in. His own fault for getting that suspension and I dont think he should walk straight back whilst Shaw (and Valencia) are doing well.

haram

I'm quietly liking this fightback from Shaw. I think the Jose tough love is working.... Again.... Just like it did with Martial.. Just strengthens the belief that Jose is the one to take us forward.
If this gets players like Martial and Shaw going and flushes out weak players like Mkhi, Mourinho is doing the right thing.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Was so wrong about him. Still has a lot of fight left in him. I think he's earnt a start against Burnley but very curious to see what Mourinho does.
It started with him defending Mourinho in the post city bust-up, sometimes it takes a little gesture like that to get your run of games.

RedIke

I was never on the need a new LB bandwagon. Always wanted Luke to get multiple matches. Now though, the test starts as Young is back. I think Shaw is mikes better than Young, but Jose trusts Young. So we shall see.

Silas

I'm hoping this is his level now and he'll only improve from here. It would make things much easier if we can go into the summer mainly focusing on getting a CM and DM.

criticalanalysis

With all due respect to Young and those calling for him to play ahead of Shaw, feck off.

It's not about whether Young might have a good game or two and possibly create more attacking chances. It's about the future and building towards it.

Form is temporary and all.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He’s in last chance saloon but he seems to be taking it. Hopefully he continues his form and become the player he is meant to be.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Keep starting him every week. Let young take FA cup games, then for the champions league depends. We shouldn't push Shaw too much given all his troubles, keep him at 1 start a week, but if both fit I'd trust him over young, despite how good young was. Shaw at left back just feels more balanced.

KYcinco

Young is a better.

Shaw has done well but his attacking input is too basic/predictable .

Ashley R1+O

I thought he was magnificent, I hope he continues as the natural left back in the team has really started to steady the balance across the board. He is solid in defense and goes forward with the skill and timing to make the attack work I think he's supporting Martial really well.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Thankfully he was given a run of games, which I and others thought was all he needed when he was being ridiculed left, right and center. So much potential there.

Mr Smith

Absolutely delighted to see him getting a run of games and playing well. Keep it up Shaw, save us money on a fullback in the summer!

Greck

When Young comes back, people should pay attention to just how much of a detriment it is to our build up to have a leftback that needs to check the ball back to his right foot, can't drive the ball forward on natural angles that open up for a leftie and can't overlap. Young is also a hoof merchant when teams bother to press.

Young's end product is world's better but that's if you can feed him the ball in the final 3rd as he doesn't have the passing or dribbling to advance into those areas. I'm not even making a case for Shaw specifically, I'm making a case for a left footed fullback being better for the team.

roseguy64

I'd say we should off any judgment on how he's doing until at the earliest end of December. It'll take him time to come back to anything like his best considering the leg break and then the lack of games and injuries last season as well as him missing the pre-season.

Young was coming back from a stronger starting point than Shaw so easier for him. Can't remember what injuries both had...Ah. Young had a hamstring injury while Shaw had ligament damage.
Glad I had patience

red4ever 79

When Young comes back, people should pay attention to just how much of a detriment it is to our build up to have a leftback that needs to check the ball back to his right foot, can't drive the ball forward on natural angles that open up for a leftie and can't overlap. Young is also a hoof merchant when teams bother to press.

Young's end product is world's better but that's if you can feed him the ball in the final 3rd as he doesn't have the passing or dribbling to advance into those areas. I'm not even making a case for Shaw specifically, I'm making a case for a left footed fullback being better for the team.
Young has been great actually scoring and assisting in our play.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Well deserved, too. There's a potentially world class player in there somewhere.

FujiVice

Shaw coming into form is like a new £30 million signing. He's a fantastic left back. Hope he stays fit.

Clas Sified

Looks like he's won both Mourinho and the fans over. Hopefully he kicks on now and goes from strength to strength.

Sandyman

This is the full quote. Looks like he has convinced Jose not to sign another left back.

Mourinho on Luke Shaw
Ashley Young returns from suspension this weekend, and on Luke Shaw Mourinho said:
“ Played very well. He was already improving and playing well when I start playing him after that long spell without mins, I remember the first time, Champions League, he was coming step by step and now with a good run of matches and continuity also, playing like he did against Everton two days after a previous match, good, solid. physically much better, mentally much stronger, tactically understanding the game much better and what we need in different phases and circumstances, I’m really happy.
“You like the transfer market, I can say that in this moment I don’t see many left-backs better than this Luke Shaw.”

pseudo_canadian

This is the full quote. Looks like he has convinced Jose not to sign another left back.

Mourinho on Luke Shaw
Ashley Young returns from suspension this weekend, and on Luke Shaw Mourinho said:
“ Played very well. He was already improving and playing well when I start playing him after that long spell without mins, I remember the first time, Champions League, he was coming step by step and now with a good run of matches and continuity also, playing like he did against Everton two days after a previous match, good, solid. physically much better, mentally much stronger, tactically understanding the game much better and what we need in different phases and circumstances, I’m really happy.
“You like the transfer market, I can say that in this moment I don’t see many left-backs better than this Luke Shaw.”
Excellent.

King.of.Red

he deserved the praise from Jose and fans. now, it's his duty to keep the good work and improve more. hopefully I can see amazing LB in United shirt like Irwin and Evra again..

The Hilton

There was a moment towards the end of the Stoke match that he threw himself in the way of a shot by Diouf, after Smalling had fallen over and taken him out. Didn't actually block the shot (went wide) but just being there probably prevented a better strike and possibly a goal.

Nothing major, but a big difference in attitude and determination compared to previous years.

Status
Not open for further replies.