Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Litch

I'm not surprised Shaw struggled especially as our U23 are one of the poorest collection of Utd players I've seen. This is just about getting him fit.

Shuriken

Kris Voakes mentioned yesterday that Shaw was playing as a left centre-back in the latest U23 match.

Was he?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
How often do first teamers go into the u23s and look amazing? Seen the likes of Carrick and Fletcher in reserves/u23s and the game has fully passed them by.
Hope it's just a case of this, but if the game passed him by I could live with that but against Spurs U23 he cost us a goal and was producing a poor performance.

ti vu

How often do first teamers go into the u23s and look amazing? Seen the likes of Carrick and Fletcher in reserves/u23s and the game has fully passed them by.
You forgot Jones at the end of LVG tenure, Falcao (who was back firing for Monaco since last season eventually).

I believe tactic and motivation is an issue. These players seem to treat these games like pre season and try to get back in shape more than playing the right way.

Can't say how long Shaw would take to condition himself for first team football, just saying what matters is what these players do in training with the first team.

el3mel

He'll start the League Cup game for sure, and that'll be the opportunity to see what he'll offer.

Baxter

Can't come soon enough. Hopefully he manages to keep himself fit.

ManuMou

Jose: "Shaw is ready, but he is a question of form"

Come on Shaw, put in some performance please. It's your do or die season !

el3mel

Sure he'll start in the League Cup game. After that let's see what will happen.

Full bodied red

It's a real puzzler, isn't it ?

Can't remember him having a really bad game when he's been fit, yet doesn't seem to be able to convince JM and quite a few on here.

Still hope and believe that he'll make it to Evra's level eventually, but worry that it might be somewhere else other than OT.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Sure he'll start in the League Cup game. After that let's see what will happen.
Yeah, if he doesn't start in the league cup it'll be hard to determine when he'll be introduced back to the team.

Hope he makes it here, but think we'll activate the year option in his contract and sign Rose next summer with Shaw going the other way.

Last edited:

redom

It would be such a boost if he could get back on track and hit some form for us, all our other left backs feel like fill-ins so to have a certified full back of the quality we know Shaw is capable of would be huge and might save us a pretty penny next summer as we'll probably look to invest there if he can't find his feet this season because it's the one area of the team that you could point at as a weakness at the moment.

JoaquinJoaquin

Is he fit? Because if he is then it's madness he isn't been given some sort of a chance in a position we are really struggling with. I don't think Jose wants him here long term but surely he has to give him a chance first.

Gerald G

Is he fit? Because if he is then it's madness he isn't been given some sort of a chance in a position we are really struggling with. I don't think Jose wants him here long term but surely he has to give him a chance first.
He is now fit.

I hope he starts against Burton Albion.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Would love it if he can kick on. Would also be a bonus to have an English fixture in the team. It won't be surprising if, at some stage, Lindelof forms a partnership with Bailly and Jones is out. That said, I can't see a circumstance where Jose picks Martial over Rashford as a permanent fixture so I guess we'll have at least one.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He's clearly finished here IMO.. just a matter of time before he's finally put down (aka sold).

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Surely he has got to. If he isn't playing in that game he is officially done at this club it will be safe to say.
Hmm, it's still early days, 5 games in, if in a couple months he's still struggling to get into "lesser" games then yeah..

Andersons Dietician

Jose said last year he rates him. I'm sure he said that. Also something about him being one of the best athletes in the club.
Luke just needs to get fit and stay fit. Put in solid performances and build from there. Needs to get some confidence back. I'd hope he plays in the cup game but in all honesty it wouldn't surprise me if Jose held him back a bit more just to make certain he is ready and to get his point across.

Litch

Jose said last year he rates him. I'm sure he said that. Also something about him being one of the best athletes in the club.
Luke just needs to get fit and stay fit. Put in solid performances and build from there. Needs to get some confidence back. I'd hope he plays in the cup game but in all honesty it wouldn't surprise me if Jose held him back a bit more just to make certain he is ready and to get his point across.
Agree. It's like make or break so gonna be given his best chance to succeed

pascell

I think he'll come on as a sub vs Burton. Jose said he's fit but he's not in form, personally think he'll go with Blind and Darmian as full backs.

Pat Evra

Will be interesting to see when he will get his first start this season. I suppose he will come off the bench tonight, but I really can't see when he will get more minutes on the pitch in the foreseeable future.

IrishRedDevil

Will be interesting to see when he will get his first start this season. I suppose he will come off the bench tonight, but I really can't see when he will get more minutes on the pitch in the foreseeable future.
Hoping for a good 30min showing from him tonight, then possibly another full game for the U23's and hopefully he will be in contention to start a game after that.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Can only really see the next round of the cup if we progress and the team we face is favourable, or one of the final games of the CL group stage if we've qualified.

3KDré

He’s not going to be fantastic in his best game back. He looked thinner though which could be a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.