Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

reddaz71

Neither Shaw nor Young are good enough for Man Utd,lets be honest,Shaw however can probably feel somewhat aggrieved over being bullied/singled out by Mourinho given the mediocrity surrounding him in the team!

saivet

I rate Shaw, but given his performances and everything else around him I have no problem with Jose selling him. What I don't like is why he continues to criticise him in public. Not sure anyone comes out of it well and Mourinho just seems like a cnut.

Still unsure why he didn't just sell him in the summer and buy a LB.

redom

I'd held out hope that Shaw would get a run in the team and start developing again but that's pretty much evaporated now and it seems almost certain he'll be gone in the summer or at least we'll be looking at bringing a first choice LB in and leave it up to Shaw whether he wants to go or not. Mourinho clearly doesn't trust him and Shaw's not doing enough to change his mind.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
For his own sake he needs to leave the club and find a less toxic environment where he can play ever week and the manager doesn't kick him every time he feels the pressure. Its been one set back after another for him right from his arrival.

goin4glory

Neither Shaw nor Young are good enough for Man Utd,lets be honest,Shaw however can probably feel somewhat aggrieved over being bullied/singled out by Mourinho given the mediocrity surrounding him in the team!
Some players are just mediocre and don't deserve to be at United, no amount of hard work can change that. Shaw is a special case since he has the talent to be our numebr 1 left back but is just a lazy useless fecker which surely angers Mourinho.

Nickthepip

Shame this hasn’t worked out, it’s going to cost a lot to replace him and he’s tarnished goods now so we’ll not get a lot back. Watch him knuckle down elsewhere and be successful.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
For his own sake he needs to leave the club and find a less toxic environment where he can play ever week and the manager doesn't kick him every time he feels the pressure. Its been one set back after another for him right from his arrival.
He needs to find a club at his level and get consistent game time. Eventually when he’s grown up a bit he might be find the focus and application to fulfil his promise.

Tapori

Luke did not use the Force.

Shame; his constant moaning has been his undoing. As well as simply not being very intelligent football-wise.

Injury was tragic but his lack of fight and poor tactical awareness is telling.

Dion

He needs to find somewhere where he can believe that being a leftback is more than standing just inside the half way line playing square passes to the central midfielders and defenders and expecting them to provide the width.

Young has absolutely shamed Shaw with his attacking output this season, there's no excuse for the way Shaw is playing.

Giggsyking

Runs to the media at every opportunity.
that what his manager did in the first place. You cant ask him to shut his mouth while his stupid manager is picking him when he not even playing bad.

Sanche7

I took a hiatus from watching football after Fergies last season and so I missed this 'Super Talented Lad' Luke Shaw and his performances for S'hampton which got him into PL TOTY at 18.

But I've seen him play for United from his very first season and tbf he has not impressed me very much except for 5-10 games, especially before the big injury.So when people tell me how talented the guy is, I often find it kind of hard to believe, like a mythical story.
He kind of reminds me of Hector Bellerin, he is fast good at overlapping, not a great crosser but Shaw is better defensively. The both have problems with their mentality if you ask me although in the case of Shaw it's a bit unlucky.

If he is as good as people say he is, then I hope we put in a buy back clause or atleast a first option.
Tbf, I've always felt Mou didn't really fancy him, maybe because of what people who preceded him had to say about his attitude. I feel the Board kind of made him give Shaw a chance, they wanted Mou to give him a chance to prove himself, which was this year I think.
Sadly he has failed to impress and has failed to gain Mou's confidence and trust.
I hope he goes to Spurs and maybe then I'll finally get to see what all the hype is about

Alabaster Codify7

Loved the signing at first, the leg-break was an unfortunate setback but nothing excuses his weight ballooning and the rumours about his lifestyle outside of the sport are troubling. He'll slowly fall down the PL ladder, in my opinion - lacks the attitude and the application.

Jaxa

The kid clearly doesn't have a massive ego and needs an injection of confidence but Mourinho is bullying him, Young did no better than Shaw yesterday that much was so clear yet Mourinho honestly looks like he just has it in for Shaw, every mistake he makes he punishes Shaw, Young has had some stinkers recently as much as he has had good games.

This will come back to bite us on the arse, mark my words, you don't get rid of a potential world class LB at 22, you just dont.

Dion

He kind of reminds me of Hector Bellerin, he is fast good at overlapping
I can't think of a less accurate description of Shaw since his leg break to be honest. Matic is better at overlapping runs down the left side and he needs shipping clearance most of the time.

Sanche7

I can't think of a less accurate description of Shaw since his leg break to be honest. Matic is better at overlapping runs down the left side and he needs shipping clearance most of the time.
I'm not talking about the worst of Luke Shaw, I'm talking about his strengths or what used to be his strengths
Also his overlapping run led to Matic assist in the last match

Moonred

I admire some loons who thought his absence after the injury was a big reason for us being shit. Shame about the injury but he is absolutely average.

Dion

The kid clearly doesn't have a massive ego and needs an injection of confidence but Mourinho is bullying him, Young did no better than Shaw yesterday that much was so clear yet Mourinho honestly looks like he just has it in for Shaw, every mistake he makes he punishes Shaw, Young has had some stinkers recently as much as he has had good games.

This will come back to bite us on the arse, mark my words, you don't get rid of a potential world class LB at 22, you just dont.

That's the difference between Young and Shaw in one picture. Shaw has no ambition, drive or potency to his game. He's lazy, negative and offers no width and no penetration with his passing.

MAME DIOUF 32

I don't think either of them come out of this well. Shaw has been treated appallingly, but I feel like the fans would be on his side of he'd stayed in shape. It's hard to defend him now. There's also the fact that the press always seem to know how he's feeling about Jose's behaviour.

Dion

Also his overlapping run led to Matic assist in the last match
His one excursion up the pitch the entire game, sadly. Even then the high risk stuff was done by Matic, which isn't in itself bad, but it is when it's a constant with Shaw.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
That's the difference between Young and Shaw in one picture. Shaw has no ambition, drive or potency to his game. He's lazy, negative and offers no width and no penetration with his passing.
I've tried telling people that Shaw is a poor attacking fullback, and Young is far better going forward. The evidence is there based on their assist stats. Young has got more assists this season, than Shaw has in his whole career. You've also shown clear evidence that Young took up more dangerous positions in that game, justifying the substitution.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Look at the passes made, it balances the heatmaps.

Irrational.

I feel really sorry for him, he deserves better treatment. His confidence is already shot to pieces, Jose with his public criticism isn't helping things.

He's a player that needs an arm around the shoulder but instead is being castigated.

Public humiliation isn't the best way to get a player to play for you.

I'm sure he'll forge a decent career for himself elsewhere.

Dion

Look at the passes made, it balances the heatmaps.
You mean the fact that Young made double the number of passes past the opposition 18 yard line that Shaw did? Or double the number in the final third of the pitch? Or 5x as many from the touch line in the opposition half as Shaw did? No long passes in the final third? No aerial passes?

RedB4ndiT

Watch him become England's #1 left back as soon as he leaves Mourinho's grip.

Kapardin

I believe Jose thinks Shaw is not good enough for the highest level, but he feels that the club won't move him on due to his age and the fact that he's English, which always gives the impression of a player with potential whether he has any or not. So, this singling out for public criticism seems to be a tactic to make Shaw force his exit so that the club can't do anything about it.

And it seems to be working.

I'd say Jose is within his rights to do it, but it does seem a bit harsh. He could have easily criticised Schneiderlin or Depay like this when they were here, but he didn't - probably because they were more likely to be sold by the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.