Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Decent 60 minutes having just returned from injury. His game is well suited to RR.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Decent tonight but probably not good enough to convince Rangnick to drop Telles.

Posh Red

There’s something quite funny about the opinion that he won’t get in over Telles; a player that had next to know chance of making the starting eleven until recently.

Maniron

Shaw is a class act and he sustained a really high level of performance throughout last season and he rightly made the England team. His form has dropped off a bit this season, but as the saying goes, 'form is temporary, class is permanent' I always feel he needs to be fitter, but he is deceptively fast and his first touch is second to none.

I don't think it will be long before we see him starting ahead of Telles again.

united for life

Luke will eventually take his place back in the starting 11. Telles is good and has performed well in the last couple of games, but Shaw offers more both offensively and defensively. He had a great season last year, both with United and England, and was fully fit. His dip in form, for me, is nothing but part of the general dip in the team’s form. I mean who was good this season so far? Hopefully with more organisation at the back, he’ll be back to his form.

Baneofthegame

Feel like Shaw will be one of the people to benefit from Rangnick, especially if he can stay fit.

Real Name

What happened to him, from a stellar Euros to not getting a look in. Surely he'll start today.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hes much better than bloody Telles

KjaAnd

I know this is beginning to sound like a cliché but everytime I've seen him this season, he has looked way too heavy and I think it's really impacting his game. He doesn't seem to have the stamina to both get forward and track back and it created numerous dangerous situations under Ole.

I just can't fathom how a player at one of the biggest football clubs in the world can be allowed to be overweight, but it's not like it's the first time we've had this issue: Lukaku was visible overweight when he was here and slimmed down significantly in Italy.

UncleBob

Telles is a bit shit.

Hopefully last season wasn’t just a blip for Shaw, wouldn’t surprise me if he’s just completely drained given how close he was to winning the euros for England with his goal against Italy, and how it all fell apart.

Marwood

I know this is beginning to sound like a cliché but everytime I've seen him this season, he has looked way too heavy and I think it's really impacting his game. He doesn't seem to have the stamina to both get forward and track back and it created numerous dangerous situations under Ole.

I just can't fathom how a player at one of the biggest football clubs in the world can be allowed to be overweight, but it's not like it's the first time we've had this issue: Lukaku was visible overweight when he was here and slimmed down significantly in Italy.
Complete speculation but I think that's what's been going on.

He's looked heavy, been really poor. I reckon being dropped is because he's out of shape.

Ixion

Always unhappy leaks from the dressing room whenever Shaw isn't in the team. Weird coincidence.

Then you get pieces like this at the exact same time. I just can't put my finger on who leaks shit to Journos.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Always unhappy leaks from the dressing room whenever Shaw isn't in the team. Weird coincidence.

Then you get pieces like this at the exact same time. I just can't put my finger on who leaks shit to Journos.
at the same time it’s not wrong.

For a long time Shaw has been the playmaker in the side. it’s no coincidence that the moment his form stumbled a little and now out of the team we look completely lost.

Everything went through him.

Defence pass to him, midfield pass to him, you only have to look at the passing maps to see proof of this.

No idea why Rangnick dislikes him so much but Telles should never be starting ahead of him, it’s madness.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Hes much better than bloody Telles
He should be eased back in, but Ralf is having to use his subs for gross underperformers at half time.

Shawberto that is, not the bloke impersonating him this season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
at the same time it’s not wrong.

For a long time Shaw has been the playmaker in the side. it’s no coincidence that the moment his form stumbled a little and now out of the team we look completely lost.

Everything went through him.

Defence pass to him, midfield pass to him, you only have to look at the passing maps to see proof of this.

No idea why Rangnick dislikes him so much but Telles should never be starting ahead of him, it’s madness.
Yeah he was so important when in possession, he carried the ball well and also picked nice passes. Telles is just cross and hope type player.

Shaw is miles better, hopefully he will be back and regains his form.

Andersons Dietician

Has Ragnick Sid he doesn’t like him or is this just because he hasn’t played much which is understandable since he’s been out with a concussion. Its got to have been a pretty bad one as well.

If I’m not mistaken he clearly got rocked in one game, then they took him back to soon and he took a ball to the head which must have made things worse. Probably now just taking it easy with bringing him back in until they are sure he has recovered. Maybe was on the bench last game as a last resort if they had to bring him on.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Has Ragnick Sid he doesn’t like him or is this just because he hasn’t played much which is understandable since he’s been out with a concussion. Its got to have been a pretty bad one as well.

If I’m not mistaken he clearly got rocked in one game, then they took him back to soon and he took a ball to the head which must have made things worse. Probably now just taking it easy with bringing him back in until they are sure he has recovered. Maybe was on the bench last game as a last resort if they had to bring him on.
Before he joined he said he didn't like him and would need a new LB.

That was before Shaw's last season though I think.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He makes huge difference on and off the ball.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
On song, he's the closest thing we have to a centre mid playmaking 'metronome' type player who links play and takes the right option every time. Just a shame we don't have one of those in the actual midfield.

Skills

Snitch
On song, he's the closest thing we have to a centre mid playmaking 'metronome' type player who links play and takes the right option every time. Just a shame we don't have one of those in the actual midfield.
I've felt for a while, it might just be worth trying to stick him in midfield. His passing and vision is awesome

acnumber9

Good first half. Like the rest of the team he seemingly decided the second half was a waste of time.

lost7

Yeah today he showed how important he is. Showed glimpses of his form from last season

CloneMC16

So clear of Telles. Needs to be back in and starting every game. One of our best players.

Rossa

Welcome back to the first team. A clear starter for me ahead of telles. He did well especially in the first half.
Looked a little gassed in the second half, and those love handles of his is not a good sign. I’m amazed that a professional footballer can visibly carry some extra weight, albeit not much. Looking at Danny Ings, the guy has a visible gut. Blows my mind.

Carrying extra weight brings injuries, slower acceleration and it makes getting up and down the pitch harder.

Satsuma United

Telles would never display a performance like that.

Shaw 100% fit is a Top 3 LB in the world, so glad he is back.

edcunited1878

Shaw hasn't played in weeks due to concussion and possibly Covid. He had a good game and his passing and ball ability is so important. Glad to see him back and central to all things good

Idxomer

Aside from passing, the biggest difference from Telles is his physicality. Just watch how many times Shaw just brushed Burnley players off and gave us an advantage in attack.

Rossa

Aside from passing, the biggest difference from Telles is his physicality. Just watch how many times Shaw just brushed Burnley players off and gave us an advantage in attack.
He weighs twice as much. But yeah, he won a fair few duels tonight and was great in the first half. He’s also very important for our build up play. That pass to Ronaldo in the fitfh minute was sublime.

united for life

Looked a little gassed in the second half, and those love handles of his is not a good sign. I’m amazed that a professional footballer can visibly carry some extra weight, albeit not much. Looking at Danny Ings, the guy has a visible gut. Blows my mind.

Carrying extra weight brings injuries, slower acceleration and it makes getting up and down the pitch harder.
did he gain weight or is it his body’s nature. He’s like rooney. Will always look a bit chubby. But its good to see him back, hope he hits his top form again.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It really is hilarious how often opposition players just get bulldozed by him, and Shaw isn't even trying.

It was great to have him back looking like he's getting over the early-season woes and getting back into form. Such a hugely important part of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.