Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burkeovic

Fat and useless shouldn't be near the first team I've never seen such an unfit professional footballer in my life.

Oranges038

He is so fecking lazy.

Shameful display from him all round and topped off when he doesn't do anything go stop Traore getting a cross in.

AshRK

Don't rate him like some rate him. Ok player who will give you some good performances here and there.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Man actually believed he was Roberto Carlos when he was actually van Gobbel.

Ixion

He's been here a while now we know how it goes. Can do some great things but doesn't have the consistency for the very top

Superunknown

I genuinely think we've already seen the best of him and he's too frustrating for my liking. One great game here and there, with lots of other shit ones sprinkled in. I question his attitude at times. Not an elite player, which is what we need from a modern fullback.

arnie_ni

The one time he did make an overlap rashford didn't fecking pass

the chameleon

That great run he had between the 2nd half of last season and all the way into the Euros seems like the pinnacle at this point. Great player (possibly up there with Robertson). However, he just doesn't have the same mentality and hunger as Robertson. Normally, a great player builds on his success, Shaw, unfortunately, got complacent. Hopefully, he can fix up mentally, because I believe there's a top, top player there.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
His interview is very honest and very worrying. Doesn’t think the team is working for each other, never mind for the manager. They don’t feel like a motivated team. Their confidence, belief and togetherness is shocking.

DevTheRed

Very interesting and honest interview from him, seems to be calling out a few players who aren’t giving their all.

Looptheloop16

Seemed like he was going to cry in his interview. Sounded emotional. Calling his team mates out on work rate.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Sad to see we only got Shawberto for one game. He was a little better than before he was dropped, but that was a very low bar.

Any link/vids to the interview?

Marwood

Shaw's another one who knows how to talk the talk.

But it's hard to take him seriously when he's clearly out of shape.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
@GifLord can you post his defending from 44:50 in the first half? Bit rich calling out others, while being pretty much senior player in the team(his seventhor eight year here, right?) and one of the laziest around.

JoaquinJoaquin

Looks like last season was more a purple patch of form then anything else.

Looks overweight, lazy, doesn't overlap anymore. Pointless when he is like this.

Telles has his limitations, but he gives 100% and something is going to have to give with this team, because playing unmotivated players like Shaw and Rashford etc is rotting the team.

Ekeke

I thought he was poor in the match but not as poor as it turns out from the stats. Whoscored had him even lower than McTominay which takes some doing. I guess its because Shaw didnt constantly lose 50/50s and the ball with bad touches and passes. Still Nelson Semedo was all over our left flank and Shaw didnt have much to offer going the other way other than iirc one nice pass over the top

always_hoping

Very honest interview by Shaw after the game. Quality in a team only gets you so far.

Loida

Supports
Roma
That great run he had between the 2nd half of last season and all the way into the Euros seems like the pinnacle at this point. Great player (possibly up there with Robertson). However, he just doesn't have the same mentality and hunger as Robertson. Normally, a great player builds on his success, Shaw, unfortunately, got complacent. Hopefully, he can fix up mentally, because I believe there's a top, top player there.
If a player was only good for few months out of 7 seasons, you called it purple patch not world class. Lingard also had a few months purple patch where he scored week in week out doesn't mean he is Messi ( well you guys did compare him with ) . When Mourinho doesn't rate a player, he is usually spot on.

Ixion

Ralf did specifically say our defending for the goal wasn't good enough and that you can't allow Traore to cross from the position he was in which is on Shaw.

Traore has his back towards the goal and Shaw gives him enough time and space to turn around, run to the byline and get the cross in.

Last edited:

the chameleon

If a player was only good for few months out of 7 seasons, you called it purple patch not world class. Lingard also had a few months purple patch where he scored week in week out doesn't mean he is Messi ( well you guys did compare him with ) . When Mourinho doesn't rate a player, he is usually spot on.
No one compared Lingard to Messi. We just borrowed Messi's name and nicknamed him 'Messi Lingard'.

What's with you guys?

Also, Mourinho has been wrong on numerous occasions. Heard of Salah, De Bruyne and Lukaku at Chelsea? I would say he was wrong with Shaw as well. Shaw's having a hard time now, but you can't take away two good seasons.

I asked you in a previous thread, what is your AGENDA on Redcafe other than promote Mourinho?

Loida

Supports
Roma
No one compared Lingard to Messi. We just borrowed Messi's name and nicknamed him 'Messi Lingard'.

What's with you guys?

Also, Mourinho has been wrong on numerous occasions. Heard of Salah, De Bruyne and Lukaku at Chelsea? I would say he was wrong with Shaw as well. Shaw's having a hard time now, but you can't take away two good seasons.

I asked you in a previous thread, what is your AGENDA on Redcafe other than promote Mourinho?
You named 3 players out hundreds he correctly judge , the guy couldn't possibly had won over 25 major trophies in his career if he had more wrongs than right in judging player. Beside i don't think he was wrong about Salah , De Bryune or Lukaku either ,none of them were ready for a team who aspire to win the league back then and was a great decision to let them having experience somewhere else so they can grow. You guys should be doing that too to your young potential player instead of spoiling them like Rashford. By the way othermanager are doing it all the times , i mean which manager let Arjen Robben went out from Chelsea ? Which manager let Paul Pogba went to Juventus for free ? Which manager let 75m worth Jadon Sancho out of City ? Nobody cares because those manager aren't Jose Mourinho.

Back to Shaw , world class player are consistently world class throughout their career such as Dani Alves , Marcelo., Ashley Cole , Philip Lahm etc. To name Shaw a world class Lb is just showing us how shallow your football knowledge is , how many times did you see shaw looking like world class for the last 8 season ? 3 months ? 6 months ? This is how he normally plays , form is temporary , shite is permanent.

Last edited:

the chameleon

You named 3 players out hundreds he correctly judge , the guy couldn't possibly had won over 25 major trophies in his career if he had more wrongs than right in judging player. Beside i don't think he was wrong about Salah , De Bryune or Lukaku either ,none of them were ready for a team who aspire to win the league back then and was a great decision to let them having experience somewhere else so they can grow. You guys should be doing that too to your young potential player instead of spoiling them like Rashford. By the way manager are doing it all the times , i mean which manager let Arjen Robben went out from Chelsea ? Which manager let Paul Pogba went to Juventus for free ? Which manager let 75m worth Jadon Sancho out of City ? Nobody cares because those manager aren't Jose Mourinho.

Back to Shaw , world class player are consistently world class throughout their career such as Dani Alves , Marcelo., Ashley Young etc. To name Shaw a world class Lb is just showing us how shallow your football knowledge is , how many times did you see shaw looking like world class for the last 8 season ? 3 months ? 6 months ? This is how he normally plays , form is temporary , shite is permanent.
Other than attack other posters on their knowledge and keep turning the conversation to Mourinho, you contribute very little. What brings you to this forum? I've asked 4 times now? Keep this up and you won't last too long here.

LJJT

He should have been booked at least 4 times

one of those fouls was in a harmless situation that conceded the first offside goal

I appreciate the effort but he gives away terrible fouls incessantly
Agree he could have had half a dozen yellow cards. Nice to see a bit of fight in him but way off the pace still

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Shaw's a defensive liability. Talks a good game but could do with learning how to position himself, stop crosses and all and all provide defensive security down the left. When he's not bombing forward I don't know what he offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.