Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

The state of him. Should be in his prime. Once this guy stops playing football, he will turn into fat Ronaldo. Needs to get off the cheeseburgers, your a professional footballer.

Ollie Derbyshire

He's not going to benefit from drills.
He's limited and has a poor football IQ.
He slows us down and rarely makes a good forward pass.
He can't use his right foot which is outrageous for a modern player.

He's a decent left defender when he's on his game bit that's it. United if they want to compete at elite level need to get a much better player
I‘d agree with all that, no point putting in 20 crosses/corners a game when they are all crap.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Don’t know why anyone is picking on Shaw. He wasn’t great but he was as good as anyone else in the last hour. Put in some good crosses despite lack of movement and aggression ahead of him.

The problem was bad finishing, yes, but also we lost control of midfield (again).
Yeah, he was decent. This place is nuts after a loss. Everyone lashing out at whoever they usually lash out. Actual performance is irrelevant.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I don't know why are people so stupidly overreactive here. The quality between him and Telles was mesmerizing. He was solid most of the game and linked up really great, we lost the game because we couldn't convert one of the 25 clear chances we had today. Stupid hate from stupid fans.

Oranges038

He was ok. But his attacking decision making and quality in the final third was poor.

That bit near the end summed him up for me. 1 on 1, take the man on and whip it in.
Nope, turn back and slowly amble toward Maguire.

Remember the geese

He's talented and definitely better than Telles, but he's one of those players who you always think can/should do more. Needs a rocket up his backside. Lacks intensity and is generally a bit lifeless. Shame because he was brilliant last season.

Red00012

The state of him. Should be in his prime. Once this guy stops playing football, he will turn into fat Ronaldo. Needs to get off the cheeseburgers, your a professional footballer.
You’re embarassing yourself

Red00012

He was ok. But his attacking decision making and quality in the final third was poor.

That bit near the end summed him up for me. 1 on 1, take the man on and whip it in.
Nope, turn back and slowly amble toward Maguire.
He was fecked

Dan_F

He's talented and definitely better than Telles, but he's one of those players who you always think can/should do more. Needs a rocket up his backside. Lacks intensity and is generally a bit lifeless. Shame because he was brilliant last season.
I’ve said it so many times, but watching him amble over to the right side to take corners is infuriating. It was just about tolerable when he was playing out of his skin last year.

I didn’t see any difference between him and Dalot tonight.

flameinthesun

Whilst Jose's comments on Shaw was out of order at the time, I think I understand the premise behind it. He doesn't seem to have any agency in the way he plays. He's so talented technically and defensively but he just seems to turn up and play. No real intensity to take the game to teams, even when he crosses the ball he seems to just put it into the box without any conviction and I think that was what Jose was referring to, Luke would rather watch the game go by him than act to force himself on the game.

copen1945

I am surprised he didn't take the penalty. I wonder it was his choice or Ralf's.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
No wonder Telles is RR first choice (even though Telles is borderline average as well).

Stgun

Whilst Jose's comments on Shaw was out of order at the time, I think I understand the premise behind it. He doesn't seem to have any agency in the way he plays. He's so talented technically and defensively but he just seems to turn up and play. No real intensity to take the game to teams, even when he crosses the ball he seems to just put it into the box without any conviction and I think that was what Jose was referring to, Luke would rather watch the game go by him than act to force himself on the game.
Mourinho said he doesn't have footballing brain and doesn't understand the flow of the game , where he has to go or when he has to do this or to do that , coupled up with being unprofessional off the pitch ( he wouldn't look overweight if he trains harder ) .I mean that damning assessment is coming from a manager who has won everything in the game and has worked with so many world class player and still some people think they know better.

Last edited:

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Give him a run of games and he'll come good I feel. Telles hasn't exactly been playing great, and I don't see why Shaw shouldn't get a run of games under Ralf as well.

He's terrible at coming in on a one off game and be expected to perform at his best.

Yakuza_devils

Shaw is definitely better player than Telles.

However, we all know that Shaw can do much better. He was our player of the season a few years back. He was also very good during LVG time. As recent as last season, he was one of our best player.

Dante

Average bang
Great in the buildup, poor with his final delivery. Pretty much back to his pre-2020 days. Hopefully a bit more match sharpness will get him back to his best.

Shaw might not be the answer, but Telles definitely isn't.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Weird comments in here.

I think he’s the perfect RR player. Almost always in control of play.

The final ball obviously needs improving. But with the form of our strikers atm, it won’t matter I guess

Ixion

Give him a run of games and he'll come good I feel. Telles hasn't exactly been playing great, and I don't see why Shaw shouldn't get a run of games under Ralf as well.

He's terrible at coming in on a one off game and be expected to perform at his best.
He had a run of games, he played nearly half the season while Telles sat on the bench and his form barely changed. He is having one of his mixed seasons.

Wing Attack Plan R

Shaw is another one of our very frustrating players who blow hot and cold. Some matches he’s a beast, others it’s like he’s carrying a knock. I am tired of inconsistent players: Martial, Lingard, Shaw - you could almost list our whole squad. 5/10 one week 8/10 the next.

CloneMC16

The final ball is the problem. Not one good cross from him all night. It's the same with all our fullbacks. None of them are producing good crosses. I would still play him over Telles. He's clear, but he can play better than this.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Why has Luke Shaw never been tried in midfield?

Or apologies if he has.

Seems to me worth a try.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I thought he was positionally all over the shop and looked very rusty first half. Bruno had a chat with him, dropped into the leftback position and sent him on, which is where we got our goal (Shaw involved in the move to be fair to him). I'd hope he'll improve if he gets a run of games and we know what a fine player he can be but I thought he looked like he didn't know where to stand for much of the game.

JoaquinJoaquin

Telles has nothing to worry about.
Shaw is basically a liability at this point. Really sad to see a player with such potential just letting his career amount to nothing.

Roux

Prefer Telles - everything Shaw does seems very hit and hope.

Yakuza_devils

I will still play Shaw and hopefully he can find his form soon. When on form, he is one of our best players in both defending and attacking play.

I never seen Telles on this kind of form/ability.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Losing the ball too many times and his crosses were awful as well. Surprised I saw there is comment of praising him. We might also need a new left back if he doesn’t show any sign of improvement anytime soon because that could be the sign of player with poor mentality to play for this club.

Mainoldo

For the sake of his career at a top club he needs to do a Maldini and convert to a CB. He cannot do a modern day full back job, he doesn’t have the body shape or lungs.

youmeletsfly

For the sake of his career at a top club he needs to do a Maldini and convert to a CB. He cannot do a modern day full back job, he doesn’t have the body shape or lungs.
He should fecking stop eating. He's overweight again.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Shaw is definitely better player than Telles.

However, we all know that Shaw can do much better. He was our player of the season a few years back. He was also very good during LVG time. As recent as last season, he was one of our best player.
Telles isn't great and that's when the realisation kicks in.

Two average left backs = average left back play

Raven

I thought he was good, especially in the first half. He didn't look at his best by any means but he just looks far superior to Telles in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.