5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
One good season out of what, 5 years ? Then back to being shit the next season immediately.
We should be so lucky, the guy has been here 8 years and has been nothing but a failure. We need to move him on asap.

arthurka

He is a shocking state physically but he lacks brains to play for a top side. He needs to be benched with Harry.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How many good seasons has he had here?

Remember the geese

Dreadful. Same as usual. Zero urgency. So slow in possession and pathetic, lazy flicks to nobody in particular. After a terrific season last year, he is fast becoming another player we have to upgrade on.

OmarUnited4ever

Shaw duped us into thinking he is a top level LB, aka Robertson or Davies.

he is not, it was just a purple patch that he lucked into and it landed him the starting LB spot at England

Conor

He was treading water after about 30 mins, and continues his run of playing people on for goals. I don't even rate Telles, but I'll be happy to see him back.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Horrible season, no excuses at all by now.

Another player I wouldn't mind leaving, decent at times but we can't have players living off one great season where we won nothing.

Someone needs to pull him aside and teach him to stay in line with the defenders, the amount of times he stays deep and plays players onside is criminal.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
8 years at United. Just not good enough. In that time we have spent 12mil on a 28 year old from Porto to challenge him. Pathetic how we have ignored so many positions in the team.

Irwin99

Is it just me or have him and Maguire had a lot of communication issues down the years that they've been here? From screaming "wake the feck up", to tackling each other to faulty offside lines. Either way it's another goal conceded :(

Based Adnan

Sad to know we'll be going into next season with him at left back because the club isn't ruthless enough

izec

Back to his normal level. He is quite garbage. Football ability aside, he is just not professional. Rooney is currently in a better shape than him.

spiriticon

I am actually really disappointed. I thought we'd seen the last of Chippy Tits after last season, but here we are again.

He's lucky Telles isn't much better.

redshaw

Get Telles back in. I don't think it's a Euro hangover, with Shaw he's been mostly on the wrong side fitness/build since 2015. Last year he was just under or on the limit but this season he's looking very laboured and just on the wrong side and gone over into a downward trajectory. Probably the same with Maguire.

We've had many players get slightly too large and lose the extra bit of agility which affects everything they do. Seem to start with Tony V.

This season has hit our players like a brick due to poor mentality in my view.

Last edited:

Ollie Derbyshire

He was awful today, slowed the play down cause he isn’t fit enough to go full on for more than 30mins, for a professional athlete his stamina is pathetic.

pascell

Just like Maguire, a massive, massive hindrance to the team.

He's tactically and positionally very poor but he used to have a burst of pace to get himself out of the muck, which he doesn't have anymore.

He's so unfit it's embarrassing. Refuses or basically can't, because he's too unfit, overlap consistently in the 2nd half of any match and that leads to our back line being pinned in our own half, which brings the opposition onto us all half.

Needs selling in summer

Oranges038

Is it just me or have him and Maguire had a lot of communication issues down the years that they've been here? From screaming "wake the feck up", to tackling each other to faulty offside lines. Either way it's another goal conceded :(
I think it's a total lack of communication across the back 4. Always one of them that breaks rank and causes a problem. The keeper and the back 4 just don't work together as a unit.

Need a real leader in there to call the shots and keep the players in check.

El Jefe

Looks like last sesson was the purple patch. Top players either improve year on year or at least keep a similar level of performance between seasons. Shaw is incapable of the consistency and motivation to continue to better himself.

He's regressed in his attacking and defensive duties and his lack of urgency when he has the ball is infuriating.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I'll be glad to see Telles back

ti vu

Tactical awareness terrible. Has been the same all over this time, even during his purple patch, or when he has his best season.

Broke our offside trap constantly all the time. Example of his best season last season was second leg against Roma for one of the goal. And that game we were all over the place defensively, which he's not the only culprit.

Darmian can be weak physically, weak in defend one on one, slow. However, there is a reason someone like Conte likes him for squad option for Inter. His tactical discipline is spot on. I couldn't remember a instance that Darmian ever played opposition onside during his time with us, which he didn't play much. Why was he not off the pace, rusty? It's about awareness and discipline.

Last edited:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
So just Shaw, Maguire, Dalot, McTominey, Pogba, Rashford and Ronaldo that need replaced from the first 11 in time for next season

Drizzle

Similar to Maguire, he seems to have lost a crucial second in his reaction time. Pauses and dithers at key moments when decisiveness and speed is necessary.

Can't believe he was an assist machine last season. He looks so lost out there.

CloneMC16

Can't defend him after that game. I don't think Telles is good enough, but I'd put him back in for a bit. There have been way too many games where he has played the opposition onside for them to score against us.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This guy was so good last season, but is rapidly consigning himself to unfit (literally) to wear the shirt. Been rubbish, and seemingly in some sort of competition with his captain this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.