Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

zenith

He seems like he always needs a kick up the arse. Time to play tells more regularly, but doubt that happens given that ole has his favorites

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Last season wasn't a Lingard esque purple patch was it? Didn't seem that way he was looking the best in the business in his position.

Eplel

Unrelated to his performances, but has anyone played the new Guardians of the Galaxy on PS5? Star-lord is identical to Luke Shaw.

Last season wasn't a Lingard esque purple patch was it? Didn't seem that way he was looking the best in the business in his position.
Yes, he’s been inconsistent for the past 7 years. This is how Shaw is, we should be looking to upgrade but we have far more pressing issues.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Could use a few games off.
I agree, give him a rest midweek, although I thought defensively he was better yesterday, appeared to get closer to the wide players, which was probably cause we had three central defenders.
Both Shaw and Wan Bissaka seem to pull in close to their CB partners a lot, so that must be under instruction, which seems to give opposing wide players the opportunity to get a cross in.
Ole needs to rotate certain players so they don't over exert themselves.

lex talionis

I agree, give him a rest midweek, although I thought defensively he was better yesterday, appeared to get closer to the wide players, which was probably cause we had three central defenders.
Both Shaw and Wan Bissaka seem to pull in close to their CB partners a lot, so that must be under instruction, which seems to give opposing wide players the opportunity to get a cross in.
Ole needs to rotate certain players so they don't over exert themselves.
Agreed. Atalanta is a good candidate for a day off for Shaw. Not that it will be a stroll for us but I’m concerned with how Ole is making same mistake he’s been making his entire tenure as United manager, which is running his top players into the ground without any concern for form or fitness.

Telles is no debacle of a footballer. And the midweek rest for Shaw will do him wonders for the upcoming match v City.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Agreed. Atalanta is a good candidate for a day off for Shaw. Not that it will be a stroll for us but I’m concerned with how Ole is making same mistake he’s been making his entire tenure as United manager, which is running his top players into the ground without any concern for form or fitness.

Telles is no debacle of a footballer. And the midweek rest for Shaw will do him wonders for the upcoming match v City.
That is one of Ole's biggest failings I believe. Bringing Maguire back v Leicester was a big mistake, and Shaw needs a break here and there so he doesn't start to pick up injuries.
Telles scored a cracker last time, so they may be a bit wary of him.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Think he needs a break. He always seems to do well when there is competition and has something to prove. Ole and the team will benefit greatly by dropping him for a game or 2 and making him fight for his place again. Otherwise what's the point of Telles?

lex talionis

Think he needs a break. He always seems to do well when there is competition and has something to prove. Ole and the team will benefit greatly by dropping him for a game or 2 and making him fight for his place again. Otherwise what's the point of Telles?
Agreed. After we thrash City -- we're all in agreement that we're going to thrash City, right? -- Luke should feign some injury and take some time off from football. He looks worn down and not happy being on the pitch.

Oranges038

He was pedestrian and lazy all night. Only tracked back with any urgency in the last few minutes.

Could do with being dropped, might give him a wake up call.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Jaykespeare88

Will probably get ran into the ground, when it's clear he needs a rest and we have LB at the club; albeit unfit and lacking confidence, not Telles' fault he doesn't get rotated in. Is it tiredness though that makes Shaw make braindead decisions? Stupid fouls, poor positioning, its like they've decided forget reading g the game just rely on physicality.

poleglass red

He's been the most frustrating player for me this season, even more so than Maguire. He was very good last season after let's be honest not great up until then. I thought he'd turned the corner finally, even had a great Euro, but he has reverted back to type this season.He needs a rest, he looks tired and to be honest he doesn't look fit. Similar to Maguire.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yeah. There were other mistakes for that goal, but I thought Shaw just wandering back in like that was poor. That was before I even knew he'd seen the player who scored.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He looks injured/impaired the same way Rashford did last season. He’s moving around ok but not really at full tilt and nothing full blooded about it. Telles should be given games but so should Donny and Bailly and Sancho and Dalot and Henderson and Lingard and…

He’ll have a squad full of raging players keen to prove a point or a full on mutiny.

It’s either stubborn or stupid

Last edited:

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I wonder when Ole will give Telles (a player he signed) more game-time. Shaw has been very average this season.

Man Utd 0:2 Man City

Based Adnan

Been awful all season but he was even worse than usual today

Baffling how having a head injury alongside being one of the worst performers isn't enough to get subbed off until you force it by sitting down minutes later

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What the feck were the coaching staff playing at not taking him off when it first happened? fecking uneducated dinosaurs and inept idiots all around our club.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Has he been playing with a concussion since the start of October?

acnumber9

He’s got no awareness whatsoever. It’s as if he doesn’t believe he needs to defend. Shocking professional.

Superunknown

With each game, I'm losing confident in him. Wouldn't cry if he was shipped off at the end of the season.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
If he was concussed, why was he not removed immediately? And why didn't the medical team overrule the coaching staff and make him come off? Head injuries are nothing to feck around with.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Time for Telles to get a run

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Big fan of Shaw, but that was poor and he has been awful for a while now. Said he needs dropping, his form is so poor at the moment. Blame falls on the coaching staff now.

el3mel

He has been absolute shit and feels zero threat on his position. That's the godawful Luke Shaw from his first few seasons.

Sylar

This now makes it that he had one amazing season amongst stinkers now

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Played like he'd had a bang on the head long before he got one. That second City goal...

spiriticon

I really, really, cannot be arsed to wait another few seasons for his next 'good' season.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
How do you look like probably the best left-back in world football for a solid year and then just turn into a complete clown immediately for months afterwards?

Seemed like he never made an incorrect decision in or out of possession for months on end, and now you can toss a coin as to whether he fecks it up or not each time the ball comes anywhere near him. I don't understand.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Just get rid. He’s not good enough.

Yes he’s had moments where he plays fantastic but that’s just what they are, moments.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Peaked at international tournament and then he gave up, or forgot or he doesn't care.

Just another player who gave up another season for his football club.

Status
Not open for further replies.