Malky Mackay | Sacked by Wigan Athletic

untitled_6899

The scouers joined in with the wallowing in self pity over Mackay's "treatment" when Liverpool played Cardiff at Anfield last season. The fans were applauding the 'Get Tan out' chants and giving their backing and Brendan Rodgers even said that Tan “knew nothing of football”. They really love a victim. :lol:

saivet

Incredible. To think the guy could make matter worse for him self. This guy is an absolute tool.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Well I don't know about you lot, but after a grueling day in the office, I just can't help being a little bit racist.

saivet

Any decent Cardiff forums? These guys must be fuming with this guy!!

Moriarty

They only tend to live British shores when exiled or humiliated. McClaren rebuilt himself from scratch for that reason.

If Mackay is prepared to uproot his family, I don't think he'd have a problem with employment if deemed skilled enough to do the job.

One would hope his career in England is over with at all levels.
If anyone was promoted above and beyond their ability at that time, it was Schteve. Wanted to run before he could walk. He really should have stayed as Fergie's number two for a few more seasons and learned all he could about management (he was an excellent coach at that time but that's not the same thing). Some coaches seem to think that it's a piece of piss to move into the manager's chair. There have been a few exceptions but there have been some monumental flops. Brian Kidd bit off more than he could chew at Blackburn and, back in the day, Allison though he was big enough to step into Joe Mercer's shoes.

Moriarty

Out of interest, how many British managers have jobs in other European leagues? I'd guess not that many.
Not many ever venture abroad. I can't think of that many who have made a success of it. Bobby Robson and Terry Venables both did well but I can't think of too many others. McClaren in Holland did all right I suppose.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
That statement is incredible, even worse when it's from the LMA rather than just Malky. Why can't they just throw the cnut under the bus and out him?....

Minimalist

Good.

Hopefully he'll enjoy football wilderness for at least 5-6 years minimum.

Maybe he'll realise he's a tit and change his views but I doubt it. Too much banter to be had with those opinions of his.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Am I missing something? Why is this disgrace of a statement not being covered in the media? It's one of the most shocking statements I have ever read, ever.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Banter really is a horrific word.
But let's also be clear here. If I'm with a group of friends and we make jokes about the fact I'm brown or one of them is black or one of them is white, that could fall into the term "banter" because I'm standing with these people making these jokes together and they're friends of mine and together we are joking between us.

On the other hand, sending texts in the dark to a buddy about someone who isn't able to see what you've done is NOT banter.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
There's a tendency in British Media(and here too) to portray Asian as chairman as crazy idiots who have no idea about Football. You got idiots like Venky's but then there are the owners at Leicester City or at Cardiff who have done nothing but good for the club.
Let's not go too far. There's truth in what you're saying, but Tan hired a 23 year old with no footballing experience as Moody 's replacement.

Blue always red

Those texts are really pretty shocking. Imagine joining a company where your department head is all smiles around you but then is calling you disgraceful things behind your back. "There is enough dog in Cardiff to go around"??? What a prick, man.

Santos J

Baffling that people at the LMA genuinely think that statement's alright.

Oo0AahCantona

Totally exonerates Tan now. Wow, what a scumbag.
Because he's the hero Cardif deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Welsh Knight.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
This could be my favourite bit:

If Malky has caused any offence by these two isolated matters he would, however, wish to sincerely apologise.
If, by the weird, odd chance that you actually get offended by racism/sexism/homophobia (you weirdo)... if that is the case, then erm... soz yeah?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Farcical contradictive statement but it's nothing new in the world of football. Absolute plonker, even if a club decides to take a punt on him he'll be ousted by the players/fans fairly rapidly.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Next up from the LMA: 'That last statement was hacked. Anyway, we're sorry if anyone was offended by us throwing non-UK-born footballers & citizens under a fecking big white bus but, hell, we've gotta look after Our Boys, right?

PS Father Ted Malky says that 'Chinky' isn't racist because everyone uses that word when they're discussing takeaways. It's pc gone mad.'

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Next up from the LMA: 'That last statement was hacked. Anyway, we're sorry if anyone was offended by us throwing non-UK-born footballers & citizens under a fecking big white bus but, hell, we've gotta look after Our Boys, right?

PS Father Ted Malky says that 'Chinky' isn't racist because everyone uses that word when they're discussing takeaways. It's pc gone mad.'
To be fair, he/they have said that 'Chink' is only racist, with the benefit of hindsight...

I wish I was joking...

it emerged that Malky had, it seems, sent a couple of one line texts that were, with the benefit of hindsight, very regrettable and disrespectful of other cultures.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
How long were Cardiff sitting on this? I seem to remember some quote attached to Vincent Tan around about the time he was going to fire him that Mackay wasnt a good man or something. Does anyone else remember something like that?

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
How long were Cardiff sitting on this? I seem to remember some quote attached to Vincent Tan around about the time he was going to fire him that Mackay wasnt a good man or something. Does anyone else remember something like that?
I love the thought of Tan in his underwater volcano lair, spinning around in his seat, waiting til Malky got near a job before releasing this.