5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Olecurls99

Don't think Nagelsmann rates him. But then again, doesnt Hasan Salihamidzic have the final say on transfers.

Also, Bayern will probably want to fund the Cancelo permanent deal in the summer and him alone will cost in the £50m region.
They can want what they like. Even if he lights us up, we should only offer 10 or 15m less than what they paid. He'll be a year older and they don't want him.

They'll see sense

RopersReturn

I'm now wondering if we'll just sign Sabitzer and then a young player to backup Casemiro and grow into being a #8, like Onana or another early 20s player.

Eriksen/Sabitzer----Bruno (Fred, Sancho)
--------------------Casemiro(Onana)----------------

and McTominay out, Fred stays for one more year, maybe Mainoo and Iqbal both go on loan, though Mainoo is so young he might just stick around. Though a year for whoever is chasing promotion in League one and plays football makes sense too. Bolton looks perfect right? In a playoff spot so odds are they don't quite make it and they apparently play proper passing stuff under Evatt and he can live at home still.

Eriksen and Sabitzer fight for the #8 job and whoever is not starting is the backup #10 with Fred as the backup #8. Sancho gets time on the right, maybe Amad on loan to a Prem team or a Serie A or Ligue 1 side, or Pellistri leaves, Elanga on loan (seems to want to go) and since Rashford is the 3rd striker (one of Martial or Weghorst leave, a proper #9 comes in) you want a 5th winger anyways and that's Amad.
Onana the Cameroonian GK, currently at Milan?

croadyman

They can want what they like. Even if he lights us up, we should only offer 10 or 15m less than what they paid. He'll be a year older and they don't want him.

They'll see sense
Plettenberg was on Stretford Paddock this week and reckons he could be signed for around £25m

mav_9me

That incident where he won the ball (wrongly given as free kick to CP) and immediately set Rashford off with a short outside of the foot jab pass, shows his quality. He is a step above Fred and McT. He will have an impact.

Cantonalegod

They'll see sense
Considering Bayern paid €15m for him, according to Transfermarkt, that's pretty unlikely!

RopersReturn

That's all! They can shag off. That's what we'll pay so
No we shouldn’t louse this deal up, it’s not worth the risk losing out on such a versatile player and we also need cover for Casemiro.
Realistically we’d probably need to offer between £20-25m to Bayern.

Blackwidow

That's all! They can shag off. That's what we'll pay so
It was still Covidseason and Sabitzer only a year of contract left. If Leipzig would not have sold he would have waited the year... And he is a childhood Bayern fan, he has xmas photos as small kid with Bayern pyjamas, was Nagelsmann's wish transfer who only wanted to transfer to us. He will not be really expansive but I guess it would be around 20 to 25 million!

Lyng

It was still Covidseason and Sabitzer only a year of contract left. If Leipzig would not have sold he would have waited the year... And he is a childhood Bayern fan, he has xmas photos as small kid with Bayern pyjamas, was Nagelsmann's wish transfer who only wanted to transfer to us. He will not be really expansive but I guess it would be around 20 to 25 million!
In the current football world thats absolutely a fair price for a player of his quality, I would actually argue its fairly cheap.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That incident where he won the ball (wrongly given as free kick to CP) and immediately set Rashford off with a short outside of the foot jab pass, shows his quality. He is a step above Fred and McT. He will have an impact.
Come on, let's be realistic how can anyone say he is a step forward above Fred and MCT after a 15 mins cameo.
I guess he will start against Leeds and we can see more of him and how he adapts into ETH's system.

mav_9me

Come on, let's be realistic how can anyone say he is a step forward above Fred and MCT after a 15 mins cameo.
I guess he will start against Leeds and we can see more of him and how he adapts into ETH's system.
I have seen him play for RB Leipzig too.

OrcaFat

Yes I agree.

From everything I’ve seen he looks much better than those guys but can he deliver in the prem for Man Utd? I think he can but we don’t know until we see him do it.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
The giant Belgian at Everton, though Ten Hag does seem to rate Onana even if he benched him for signing a pre-agreement or whatever went down there.
First suspended for doping (he claims by accident); and then didn't make it back into the team due to attitude reasons (to do with trying to leave the club I think, yes).

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I am glad to finally see a fellow Austrian playing for United.
And he certainly is the right one, great character, top professional, calm and dedicated, always playing for the team whenever needed without any kind of drama. No surprise ten Hag is happy to have him around at least temporarily.
Also from a footballing perspective someone we absolutely need, he can play everywhere in midfield.
The problem is if he performs as good as I believe he will Bayern will command a big fee if we want him permanently. We should have tried to add a buy option with a fixed price.

lex talionis

The jury is still being assembled, but the sneak peak of the jewel thief's first outing as a late sub was quite decent. He's suddenly thrust into a starting role for at least a few matches. There's no chance of it happened, but what if Sabitzer's performances against Leeds and Leicester City are such that ETH might have a difficult decision to make when Casemiro is eligible again?

Or is Sabitzer more a replacement for Eriksen than a CDM?

ElectroManiac

The jury is still being assembled, but the sneak peak of the jewel thief's first outing as a late sub was quite decent. He's suddenly thrust into a starting role for at least a few matches. There's no chance of it happened, but what if Sabitzer's performances against Leeds and Leicester City are such that ETH might have a difficult decision to make when Casemiro is eligible again?

If Sabitzer performances is so good them the one who is going to be out is not gonna be Casemiro. It will be Fred.

SAF is the GOAT

Bayern bought him from Leipzig for 15m euros(13m pounds) in 2021.

We could take him for this amount of money or a little bit more and it will be a brilliant piece of business for us.

croadyman

We could take him for this amount of money or a little bit more and it will be a brilliant piece of business for us.
Yeah Plettenberg was touting price of £25m

croadyman

Yeah hope he does give Erik food for thought

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I think they only got him for that price because of his contract running out.
In case he is playing a lot for us and doing well his price will shoot up to 40 m easily.

next_number_seven

I imagine the reason Bayern loaned him to us was to put him in the shop window and increase his value. They're buying another midfielder in the summer so don't need him.

His transfer price will depend on how well he does for us and if other clubs are interested. If other clubs put in bids for him, it will drive his price up.

There's so much money in the PL I'd imagine this will happen. But if he's happy here and his preference is for us, maybe Bayern might do us a deal.

We have a good relationship with Bayern and ETH worked for them, so maybe we can strike a favourable deal.

From what I've seen of him, he's worth at least 40m

Reactions: Jippy

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I rate ten Hag very highly in how he can rise players' level and get the best out of them. Especially at Ajax of what he did with Haller and Tadic. It was impressive. This type of signing is also one of the similar category that excite me to see how high or what kind of level ten Hag can turn Sabitzer into.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Bit underwhelming, looked uncomfortable. Leeds won the midfield battle today but he definitely wasn't helped by Fred giving one of the worst performances in a United shirt ever seen.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think he grew into the game and had a decent chance saved. I'd like to see him next to Casemiro

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Hopefully gets a bit better than he was today. That said, I rate him as a player in general so I think he will.

Leg-End

Bit harsh to judge him on that game, it was like a speed run in Premiership football.

acnumber9

I thought you saw some of his class. You could also see he was playing in a new league, a week after arriving and beside an actual circus clown.

Guapa

Looked ok nothing more tonight.Think he'll get up to speed soon enough.

Lyng

He was good today. With a semi decent dm next to him he could be very good for us.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Was stream swapping due to every second one dying but I thought he was a bit crap, to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.