Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

Where is he btw? Is he back in Manchester or still stuck in Argentina with passport problems?
No idea but wouldn't put it past Van Gaal to have taken the huff with him for a while.

Loublaze

ATLien
I wonder how he's going to respond to playing second fiddle to Blind

Loublaze

ATLien
I suspect he'll get back into the team once van Gaal deems him fit enough to play
Over Blind? Im sorry but I don't think that will happen considering how well Blind has started with Smalling. It wouldn't be right or fair in all honesty

DocRockter

Starts for the Argos tonight.. Hopefully he's full fit and trained now ´cause we really need him to step up.

suheilsworld

Considering how badly Blind has played at international duty (well the whole Dutch team played badly except Memphis), Rojo is just one 'Blind mistake for us' away from getting into the side. Some tough games coming up for Blind and if he fails, I hope Rojo can step up and take his place. He can be a good foil for Smalling and can really learn a thing or two from him.

R'hllor

Wondering what reason will be this time for not coming back to England on time.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I liked him last season in the Centre but he was poor at LB.

I rate him above Jones actually. I don't think we need another CB at all. It will be interesting to see how he kicks on on his second season for us. I have high hopes.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He is in a very bad position, now that it seems we found our back four, it will be very complicated for him to play regularly.

JoaquinJoaquin

He is in a very bad position, now that it seems we found our back four, it will be very complicated for him to play regularly.
Right now yes, but it would have to take the miracle of Smalling not getting injured all season to stop him getting back in the side.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
It looked like Rojo's fault positionally to me.

Bojan11

I knew before the cross arrived that he was in a bad position.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I think he's an awful player although I guess this being is first game is a good excuse. Where the feck is Jones?

FromTheBench

If LVG keeps him in the team once Jones comes back for the Right foot left foot thing, i'd be mighty pissed.

Devil may care

Came on in difficult circumstances with very little playing time under his belt, I was actually surprised he didn't go to LB. He started off with a couple of nervy passes but I thought he played ok as the game went on.

Sylar

Not going to fully blame him. I do think making him CB instead of LB was a bit of a crazy decision. We didnt need that interruption imo as it ruins communication which is what happened in the end.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Came on in difficult circumstances with very little playing time under his belt, I was actually surprised he didn't go to LB. He started off with a couple of nervy passes but I thought he played ok as the game went on.
It makes no sense that he didn't come on at LB... bizarre decision.

He looked very rusty.

JackXX

Ye goal wasn't his fault. Sloppy play from Darmian and it's an excellent cross. Blind could possibly have been closer but we got caught on the back foot and had little time to react.

Thought he played fine and glad we have him now Shaw's out.

U99ted

I felt it was a solid enough performance from Rojo on his sudden return.

RedStarUnited

Oh look at that, people are out to blame him already. This was his first game in the first team since last season!

The goal was lost because Darmian gave it away and the cross was amazing. The guy who crossed it couldn't have crossed it any better.

Raw

Can't blame him at all really. He did fine for his first game back in ages.

I expect him to start more games at CB now, unless Jones becomes fit. He's clearly not a terrible player, he looked great for Argentina, so I'm hoping to see him improve with us.

Kakeru

Oh look at that, people are out to blame him already. This was his first game in the first team since last season!

The goal was lost because Darmian gave it away and the cross was amazing. The guy who crossed it couldn't have crossed it any better.
On that particular play, Blind already made the call to Rojo and asked him to cover the man first. The fact that Rojo completely ignored the warning makes him as guilty as Darmian (if not more) for allowing that play to unfold. All that was asked from him was to do the right little things rather than trying to go for a Hollywood clearance that nobody gives a shit about. My feelings towards Rojo after tonight can be summed up by Alec Baldwin's reaction here (language included):

:mad::mad::mad:

Manny

Grammar Police
Rojo was at fault.

He saw that Blind was beaten by the attacker so should have ran towards the back post and attacked the ball from there. Instead he went towards the front post and got caught under the ball.

Last edited:

RedStarUnited

On that particular play, Blind already made the call to Rojo and asked him to cover the man first. The fact that Rojo completely ignored the warning makes him as guilty as Darmian (if not more) for allowing that play to unfold. All that was asked from him was to do the right little things rather than trying to go for a Hollywood clearance that nobody gives a shit about. My feelings towards Rojo after tonight can be summed up by Alec Baldwin's reaction here (language included):

:mad::mad::mad:
There was a guy behind Rojo too. If for example the cross is shorter and Rojo goes back post, that guy has a free header and probably scores too. I think Rojo tried to be in the most optimum position to defend the ball i.e where he could deal with both players running in - He got done by the cross. This happens to the best of them! Rio thought he had Messi covered in Rome. Only for Xavis cross to be inch perfect and delete him from the equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.