Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

surf

Reports that he has fallen out with LVG again for keeping his current injury secret before the Southampton game

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-facing-defensive-crisis-6494362

Fuming Louis van Gaal is facing a defensive crisis after what appears another fall out with Marcos Rojo.

But the Argentina defender insisted on Tuesday evening he will not leave Old Trafford, despite his fractured relationship with the manager.

The Manchester United defender was banished to the wilderness at the start of the season after failing to turn up for the final leg of the club’s summer tour, because he forgot to get his passport visa renewed.

Yet after forcing his way back into the starting line up following injury to Luke Shaw, the Argentine defender is now sidelined again... after failing to tell the United bench he was injured at Southampton last Sunday.

A clearly unimpressed Van Gaal revealed he now has a major defensive headache with Shaw out, Phil Jones not ready to start and Paddy McNair also injured at the weekend.
Confusing. Was he injured before the game or during it?

Sparky Rhiwabon

Reports that he has fallen out with LVG again for keeping his current injury secret before the Southampton game

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-facing-defensive-crisis-6494362

Fuming Louis van Gaal is facing a defensive crisis after what appears another fall out with Marcos Rojo.

But the Argentina defender insisted on Tuesday evening he will not leave Old Trafford, despite his fractured relationship with the manager.

The Manchester United defender was banished to the wilderness at the start of the season after failing to turn up for the final leg of the club’s summer tour, because he forgot to get his passport visa renewed.

Yet after forcing his way back into the starting line up following injury to Luke Shaw, the Argentine defender is now sidelined again... after failing to tell the United bench he was injured at Southampton last Sunday.

A clearly unimpressed Van Gaal revealed he now has a major defensive headache with Shaw out, Phil Jones not ready to start and Paddy McNair also injured at the weekend.
Well, that didn't take long! Maybe we should have tried harder to sign Otamendi!

FromTheBench

Seems he will be out of the revolving door next sometime in the next year or so.

Interesting who plays tomorrow ? Tuanzebe on the bench ?

rotherham_red

I think that's paper talk tbh. Putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with the square root of pi.

Al-T

Rojo is probably getting on van Gaal's tits. Passports, issues in Argentina, abysmal fitness.

So given this and, as we are only in September and down to the bare bones of a defence, it seem odd we let Evans and Blackett go and brought in no one else.

Devil may care

The exchange between LvG and Rojo seemed friendly enough when he came off the other day, at any rate even if he has pissed the manager off we are going to need to use him this season.

khoazany

The exchange between LvG and Rojo seemed friendly enough when he came off the other day, at any rate even if he has pissed the manager off we are going to need to use him this season.
Definitely.A Blind injury and we'll have to start him (almost) every game.

khoazany

It's unbelievable that we are on the brink of another defensive crisis and have 2 less CB's than last season.
Tbf Blackett hardly featured last season since we start to play 4 at the back and Blind can be seen as a "replacement" for Evans with Morgan the replacement for the "midfielder Blind".

We too often have 3 or more CBs out injured at the same time it's unbelievable.Our number would be fine if it was another club.

Devil may care

Tbf Blackett hardly featured last season since we start to play 4 at the back and Blind can be seen as a "replacement" for Evans with Morgan the replacement for the "midfielder Blind".

We too often have 3 or more CBs out injured at the same time it's unbelievable.Our number would be fine if it was another club.
That's true I guess, and of course the Shaw injury has now set up a situation where Blind will again be spread between two positions.

It certainly feels like a curse at this point, LvG shouldn't have mentioned the less injuries stuff the other day. :nervous:

prath92

Tomorrow's news will be that he is in LvG's bad books because he had a coffee with cream and sugar even though he was asked to drink black coffee without sugar.

Lennon

I can't believe LVG didn't sort out the defensive problems we've had and now once again already have. We can only pray and knock on wood that Blind and Smalling stay healthy for the next couple of crucial games. Except Valencia they are all injury-prone. We knew that but I can't understand LVG's stubbornness in that regard. If this story about Rojo is true, then he should piss off. Such kind of attitude doesn't help the team in any way. Read somewhere in the newspaper that we're in for Cresswell. United class or not. We desperately need someone on the left. said that in another thread, we should go out next summer to sort out our defensive-crises. One of the top-targets should be David Alaba. He can pretty play everywhere and is right now the best left-back in the world. Probably Bayern wouldn't be interested in selling us but we should try. Take the fecking war-chest and get us 3 classy defenders. The sooner the better. This crisis can ruin our title challenge once again. Like last year's September and October!

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I can't believe LVG didn't sort out the defensive problems we've had and now once again already have. We can only pray and knock on wood that Blind and Smalling stay healthy for the next couple of crucial games. Except Valencia they are all injury-prone. We knew that but I can't understand LVG's stubbornness in that regard. If this story about Rojo is true, then he should piss off. Such kind of attitude doesn't help the team in any way. Read somewhere in the newspaper that we're in for Cresswell. United class or not. We desperately need someone on the left. said that in another thread, we should go out next summer to sort out our defensive-crises. One of the top-targets should be David Alaba. He can pretty play everywhere and is right now the best left-back in the world. Probably Bayern wouldn't be interested in selling us but we should try. Take the fecking war-chest and get us 3 classy defenders. The sooner the better. This crisis can ruin our title challenge once again. Like last year's September and October!
how dare LVG get Shaw and Jones injured! He's such a prick! :mad:

CG1010

:lol:

Lennon

how dare LVG get Shaw and Jones injured! He's such a prick! :mad:
Where did I say that he's to blame for Shaw's injury? I only said we're missed out to sort our injury-prone defense. And that's a fact. We're pretty solid atm but 3 injuries once again and huge matches ahead of us.

I wanna have a laugh too! :lol: Can't wait till the next injury and LVG is playing Carrick at the back and everybody is at panic mode. That's laughable!

ryan_forlan

Gullible
LVG has chosen Blind as a CB this season.
That means we have five CBs-> Smalling, Jones, Blind, Rojo and three full backs -> Shaw Darmian Valencia. That is 8 players in defence for four positions.
One can complain about the quality of the players and suggest we should have bought this defender or that. But how can we complain that we are short in numbers?
We have had this situation when we have so many experienced defenders too, one can't help it with the injuries.
Some might argue that with the injury record Smalling and Jones had, we should have had others in. Well in that case, I am not sure we would have ever seen Chris evolve into Mike. I also feel, Jones will show that is a great player for us, this year or the next.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
I just checked Rojo is expected to be back from his hamstring injury on October 17th. That long? Wow. I thought it was a small injury.
I am glad Jones is getting back. I hope to see him play at CB soon.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
did he go for the argentina games?
i really want to see the following back four against Everton,
Darmian Smalling Jones Rojo
Everton are no Arsenal, but I expect them to come at us, we need to be solid avoid conceding.
Jones and Rojo need to start becoming a part of the squad now. Let's hope they get a look in and stay fit.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Not sure why van Gaal wants to sell him, played very well today.

justboy68

Did really well today bar that one lapse of concentration. A good reminder that he's not as shit as this forum decided he was over the summer for no apparent reason.

nemanja15

I'm not his biggest fan, but very impressed by him today. Especially considering he's usually a postional liability, he dealt with everything - even Lukaku - extremely well.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Perhaps the best Rojo has played at full back for United? Even his fouls were the right decisions. What a cross for Herrera's goal too.

Status
Not open for further replies.