Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stadjer

My MOTM (although Schneiderlin was also good). Excellent defending against a very good player, maybe he could improve his attacking game a bit but since he is a CB its understandable. His crossing is quite decent for a CB though.

gza the genius

Probably my MOTM today, won everything that came his way and even put in a few decent crosses. If he can keep that up we'll be fine at left back while we wait for Shaw's return.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Very good, kdb in his pocket.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Superb today and he's got something we lack all over the pitch - spirit. Pleased for him as he's been written off by quite a lot of people, especially on the Caf

m1y2

His technique of tackle is ridiculous but it's working out for him. he's got good reactions but he needs to stay 100% focused as this type of defending can come costly quite easily.. Last time I've seen aggressive palyer like this was Rafael, and he was fecking great when he was fit, keep it up Marcos The Red!

good techinque on crosses too, he just lacks better dribbling technique for a wide man but right now he seems like a little better option than Blind who would definately struggle against either one of Yaya, de Bruyne or Navas. Rojo coped really well with all of them..

Raw

Marcos Rojo's game by numbers vs. Man City:

100% aerial duels
5 clearances
4 crosses
3 tackles won
2 interceptions

Devil may care

Back to playing like he did against Everton, very strong and disciplined defensively and put in a couple of good deliveries. I don't what happened to him in Moscow on Wednesday.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
His crossing is pretty good, isn't it?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Great game and that performance shows he should be played in the big games when we'll be tested defensively. When playing the weaker sides he's just not good enough going forward to justify his place though. He's a decent passer and a good crosser but regardless of that, he leaves his winger completely isolated far too often for a team like ours.

Gerald G

He was clearly told he needs to fly up the flanks and support Martial which he did very well today, unlike his performance vs CSKA when he didn't support Martial. He was also brilliant defensively and dominated De Bruyne. A very good overall performance and probably our MOTM.

facund

A good game today and some dangerous crosses as well. The guy must really hate Russia as he turned to sh*t midweek after an equally impressive display against Everton. The entire back four was made up of powerful, athletic players today and there was something reassuring about that in such a game, Bony got bullied where ever he roamed.

CG1010

Played really well today - reminded me of Shaw how he kept winning duels. Probably second best player for us after Schneiderlin for me. Still could have offered more in attack like Valencia was doing from the right.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Great game and that performance shows he should be played in the big games when we'll be tested defensively.
He was good but how does it show that? We really weren't tested defensively at all. There was no movement in the City side, Bony was shit and didn't try and move wide or run the channels at all, Sagna doesn't offer anything going forward, Toure was shit and Fernando and Fernandinho are never going to trouble anyone. All he had to deal with was De Bruyne who was also shit but fair enough he is class but it is still much easier to defend when all you are doing is worrying about one man. When we'll be tested defensively he'll have to worry about a lot more which he didn't have to today so I don't see how this shows in anyway he will be able to handle games where we really are tested defensively. I don't mean to take away from his performance as he was good but he wasn't tested today on any of his weaknesses.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He played well against De Bruyne, Bony and Navas. They didn't play well because we defended proactively very well and Rojo was a big part of that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Brilliant performance from him, didn't give De Bruyne a sniff. Needed to be on top form with De Bruyne full of confidence,and he certainly was.

Ekeke

Did well but was naughty when Sterling was on the floor and there were a few moments where he found himself out of position. The rest of the team covered him

Acole9

Outstanding
Well deserved for man of the match on here, really impressed with him today. His best match for the club.

Gerald G

He's really good on the ball. It's no surprise why LVG bought him to play in the LCB position. It would be interesting to see who would partner Smalling if Shaw was still fit.

A great game today and he was actually supporting Martial today. Great to see. More of the same vs Palace please.

Sam

Absolutely perfect performance from him, can't think of one thing he did wrong. Had De Bruyne's number all day long.

fatboy

Hope LvG finally gives him a proper run in the squad. I feared the worse for him after that passport incident.

Red_Beans

Looks like the solution to our LB position in Shaw's absence. Hope he can keep it up!

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Needs to give Valencia crossing lessons.

Status
Not open for further replies.