Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

m1y2

I don't remember Welbeck ever looking as good as Rashford does
lets not get overexcited, welbeck looked really good prospect as well, rashford is just one bright spark in the dark times so everybody's wowed now. Lets wait and let the guy develop to further judge him.. but yeah I agree he looks really promising, I wonder how many players from the academy would make it simply if they were given chance as Rashford looked really great but nothing extraordinary tbh (some might disagree though) but given chance he took it and it already looks like it helped him a lot and he's getting better game by game. I don't think that we got great talents jsut now we always had them but not all of them got chances. I personally thought that Robbie brady could be a decent player for us if given chances but yeah he turned out as injury prone so one never knows

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
lets not get overexcited, welbeck looked really good prospect as well, rashford is just one bright spark in the dark times so everybody's wowed now. Lets wait and let the guy develop to further judge him.. but yeah I agree he looks really promising, I wonder how many players from the academy would make it simply if they were given chance as Rashford looked really great but nothing extraordinary tbh (some might disagree though) but given chance he took it and it already looks like it helped him a lot and he's getting better game by game. I don't think that we got great talents jsut now we always had them but not all of them got chances. I personally thought that Robbie brady could be a decent player for us if given chances but yeah he turned out as injury prone so one never knows
Didn't Welbeck score 4 goals for Arsenal last year? Rashford scored that in his first 2 games.

That's not to say I don't rate Welbeck, he's a fantastic player but he's Bambi on ice in the box unfortunately.

m1y2

Didn't Welbeck score 4 goals for Arsenal last year? Rashford scored that in his first 2 games.

That's not to say I don't rate Welbeck, he's a fantastic player but he's Bambi on ice in the box unfortunately.
Welbz is great player, the problem here was/is that too many people saw him as no9 striker which he isn't even himself, can be great wide forward, sort of what Martial is for us.. not as much pressure for him to score from there and defo good enough goalscorer from that role, not talking about all other things he brings to the team which alone make him valuable player..

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I personally thought that Robbie brady could be a decent player for us if given chances but yeah he turned out as injury prone so one never knows
Brady isn't injury prone. He's only had the one injury in 13/14 and played 30+ times in every other season only missing out on matchday squads a few times.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
So much more impressive than the likes of Wilson or Keane. This guy's the real deal

Red Stone

Clearly doesn't care at all about the fact that he's playing against some of the best players in th world. Three goals and an assist in total against Arsenal and City. For every Ronaldo or Messi there's a dozen Machedas, but Rashford seems like a proper player.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Been excellent so far. Nice goal, and should've gotten us a penalty too. Will be incredibly pissed off if he's taken out of the team for Rooney.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
So far, so very good. Kid's electric.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So much more impressive than the likes of Wilson or Keane. This guy's the real deal
I agree, I never really understood those that wanted Wilson in the side as he's clearly not a PL player let alone a Man Utd player.

Rashford though... Like I said I can't remember an attacking player the academy has produced that looks as good as him (since the class of 92 obvs)

Shiva87

Can't expect more from a young striker. Both him and Martial should be a part of our future for years to come. Martial was keeping us watching games so far, now there are 2!

I just hope he isn't relegated to the bench when you-know-who is back.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wilson was banging them for the U21s with just as much electric pace and dribbling ability as Rashford is showing. His shortcomings have mainly been due to his own propensity to niggling injuries. Rashford has and does look a phenomenal talent, but let's not incorrectly dismiss Wilson during the praise.

Shiva87

I agree, I never really understood those that wanted Wilson in the side as he's clearly not a PL player let alone a Man Utd player.

Rashford though... Like I said I can't remember an attacking player the academy has produced that looks as good as him (since the class of 92 obvs)
The commentator was mentioning that the City Academy players were talking about him 6 weeks back. He started as a striker in an u-19 games, and was moved to CB because of a red card (and no more subs). Played there 30 mins and didn't look out of place. Wondering if that's true? Anyone has insight.

limerickcitykid

Wilson was banging them for the U21s with just as much electric pace and dribbling ability as Rashford is showing. His shortcomings have mainly been due to his own propensity to niggling injuries. Rashford has and does look a phenomenal talent, but let's not incorrectly dismiss Wilson during the praise.
He has also never been given 8(?) starts in a row like Rashford. I don't understand the need to try write off Willo to try praise Rashford.

limerickcitykid

The commentator was mentioning that the City Academy players were talking about him 6 weeks back. He started as a striker in an u-19 games, and was moved to CB because of a red card (and no more subs). Played there 30 mins and didn't look out of place. Wondering if that's true? Anyone has insight.
First off its u18s, there is no u19s in England and no, he was moved to CM. The commentator is a fecking idiot, I can't think of his name but he is regularly an idiot.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He has also never been given 8(?) starts in a row like Rashford. I don't understand the need to try write off Willo to try praise Rashford.
Agreed. Don't think Wilson has the self confidence and toughness of Rashford though which is another reason he hasn't stood out yet. IMO he's more talented though if anything. Still, the mentality can be the difference at first team level, I'm glad Wilson is learning in the championship, should toughen him up.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He really doesn't look out of place, I love how direct he is.

Trizy

He's already much better than Lingard for me, so it is Jesse who should be shown the door when Mourinho comes in, not Rashford as people are fearing on here.

kundalini

I thought he was absolutely fantastic today. Even when he lost possession he was attempting to make something happen. Admittedly Demichelis is the ideal opponent and life was far more difficult once Fernandinho switched to playing centre defence.

limerickcitykid

Agreed. Don't think Wilson has the self confidence and toughness of Rashford though which is another reason he hasn't stood out yet. IMO he's more talented though if anything. Still, the mentality can be the difference at first team level, I'm glad Wilson is learning in the championship, should toughen him up.
Rashford has also been played during some of our best performances with Martial and Mata and Memphis had some good games during that time as well. Meanwhile Wilson played during our worst times playing 3 at the back alongside Falcao, van Persie and Rooney. They're both talented players and we should get behind both of them but instead some will use any glimpse of promise from one young player to shit on another like Willo, Lingard, Adnan. Its as if only one of them can be good.

Perrick Dubois

Showed some real maturity amid the passion of the derby today. I'm absolutely chuffed to bits for him taking the opportunity given to him, he's got the raw tools of a great player in the making. We just have to develop him correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.