6.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

Youll know hes a first teamer when he takes a free kick and it hits the wall or goes for a throw in.

Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool

Devil may care

I was pleased with him, he didn't shrink and took the game on and created a couple of decent openings and a chance for Fellaini, can't ask more than that.

Last edited:

Ryan7

Like Martial, one of our only threats. Looks like he'll be a star.

The White Pele

Didn't really happen for him tonight but starting to think he could be a real gem. Very positive and direct with his running. He and Martial could be a real handful when both are at it.

prateik

Its a shame we create nothing. Kid is getting little to no help from most of the team..
He looks like he belongs.. which is a good thing.

SER19

a glimpse of promise. hard to believe him and martial are 18 and 20. martial obviously much further developed but when compared to direct peers rashford looks fantastic.

jb8521

I like how himself and Martial are starting to link up with each other and look for each other. It didn't come off tonight but there were some promising signs. Crazy to think that he was still playing for the u18s on the 13th of February.

SER19

I like how himself and Martial are starting to link up with each other and look for each other. It didn't come off tonight but there were some promising signs
its the one thing thats kept me from total despair tonight. they could be developed into a fantastic pair over the next 2-3 years

C'est Moi Cantona

No way he should be playing 6-7 games in a row for the first team at this stage, he needs easing in, impact sub and all that, but lack of options leaves LvG no choice, and some would have you believe this is a good thing.

Dobba

No way he should be playing 6-7 games in a row for the first team at this stage, he needs easing in, impact sub and all that, but lack of options leaves LvG no choice, and some would have you believe this is a good thing.
It is a very good thing. Maureen might get another couple of quid for him in the summer off the back of these performances.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
I like this lad, positive player.
Will Mourinho give him game time?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Early days but I can't remember an attacking player we've brought through the academy that looks as good as this kid (not counting the foreign imports like Rossi etc)

m1y2

Early days but I can't remember an attacking player we've brought through the academy that looks as good as this kid (not counting the foreign imports like Rossi etc)
if we dont count Welbeck than the last one could be Ryan Giggs IIRC

Boycott

Showed good quality playing on the shoulder and excellent dribbling from wide. Fantastic signs that he can develop to a very good level as he has a lot of good sides to his game.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Seemed to be the only man on the pitch aware that we had to try and score lots goals in this game of football.

XdanielredX

These last few seasons we have had some fantastic youths come through or come to the club that could be the real future and a successful future, now we just need a manager to believe in them...

Rashford, Martial, Januzaj, Depay, Shaw, Pereira etc

And many that we have had for a little while which could go on to be part of that like..

De Gea, Herrera, Smalling etc

We really just need a manager to believe in them and play them how they should be.

Sylar

Played the second half right wing. rofl. We needed goals and instead of getting him help up front, LVG pushes him out wide...

I like him and I hope he has a future with us.

Norris

I don't think I have ever seen a United player run that fast with the ball without losing control of it. I mean ever! Phenomenal ball control at break neck speed. Him and Martial have such a brilliant understanding too. They always look for each other. He's not physically fit to play 90 mins yet though (What would you expect for a player who jumps from U18s to First Team) and I would like to give him maybe 60 mins in the next game against City just to give him a breather. Genuinely love his style of play.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He is going to be the business. Great touch.

Bit jelly.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was great last night. Very impressed with him. His speed is amazing; the way he just breezed past Sakho at one point.
Yeah, did it first half and the 2nd passed Milner? he is bloody fast. Just needs to learn how to get into the game more but that'll come with age.

twitter thread suggester
Such a promising talent!

Any records of how fast he is - records from school track or similar?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
One thing I'm a big fan of in this lad (and Lingard too tbf to him) is that even though he's usually tussling with players who are bigger, more experienced and more well developed than him, he's fecking good at just henching them out using shoulder, hip, timing or whatever. Was beautiful to see him smashing Clyne all over the place last night, and that one on Andy Carroll the other week was a masterpiece.

Perrick Dubois

I completely agree. Van Gaal doesn't really have a rotation policy and Marcus Rashford has played like an 18 year old thrown in the deep end. Plenty of admirable promise, a lot of genuine ability but still like an 18 year old who is not the full package yet and is still a few years from being fully ready. I'm not going to try to convince other fans that I don't think this situation is a good thing for his develpment because he has been yet another bright spot in a bit of a mess of a season but what do we do with him next year?

I don't think he's really ready to be the fourth choice backup/youth striker and we already have James Wilson coming back. We can't really go into next season with Rooney, Martial, Wilson and Rashford as the four strikers either. Another top forward to support Rooney's status has to be the first port of call next season. Martial looks more at home on the left side of attack and if there is no extra bodies brought in up front then we realistically risk throwing Rashford in again.

I dunno, this situation in terms of man management looks a bit sticky. I would much rather him getting League Cup, FA cup responsibilities and getting minutes at the end of games but in truth James Wilson is the one that is next in line for that. The only logical thing I can really see is Rashford heading back to the academy to play or going out on a loan.

It is a very good thing. Maureen might get another couple of quid for him in the summer off the back of these performances.
I agree with @C'est Moi Cantona that it is not a very good thing at all. It is way to early for a player with his rawness to be playing games as a first choice striker without a legitimate reason other than "there is nobody else". Also, who? Maureen?...

Status
Not open for further replies.