6.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FromTheBench

He was our best attacking player vs Watford.

Dunno, what some people are talking about.

Bwuk

What do we think, back to the bench vs Liverpool?

bri2013

What do we think, back to the bench vs Liverpool?
I hope not. Just seen we have a card happy ref for the match so would be great to see him, Martial and Memphis running at their back line all match.

Devil81

Big game for the kid, he's clearly got the trust of the management. Let's keep our fingers crossed he can find the net again.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Yeah I think he may have a future in that outer right back position, if that's something we decide to pursue further in the coming years.

Sylar

Remember when he got thrust into the team against Midgetland. And then 2 days later played Arsenal and it was said we had no training. And how he played up top, scored 4 goals and was on fire.

Then he got training, sorta the Memphis/Martial treatment and since then has been shifted around and been less effective for us?

Yeah that...

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Remember when he got thrust into the team against Midgetland. And then 2 days later played Arsenal and it was said we had no training. And how he played up top, scored 4 goals and was on fire.

Then he got training, sorta the Memphis/Martial treatment and since then has been shifted around and been less effective for us?

Yeah that...
Literally came in to write that.

"No Marcus, we can't be having any of that malarkey. Possession is where it's at"

He actually stands in the penalty box, unlike Rooney. Problem is hes the only one there and has two defenders glued to him.

untitled_6899

He's got good movement but should be making appearances from the bench

He was brought in under desperate circumstances due to injuries but van Gaal thinks he's uncovered a gem and will keep playing him whilst ebbing away his confidence

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Thought he was unlucky to come off especially for that clown Depay.

khoazany

He was brought in under desperate circumstances due to injuries but van Gaal thinks he's uncovered a gem and will keep playing him whilst ebbing away his confidence
Judging by how Memphis and other did he should still start the next game tbf.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

You're saying that just because of his age and nothing else. He was good again today and much better than Martial IMO.

kundalini

I thought he looked lively, though a couple of careless moments. Sometimes he drifts too far wide, giving us no central threat. Apart from that, good performance really.

Devil may care

Thought he was unlucky to come off especially for that clown Depay.
Agreed, he was sharp and lively, that little lift touch and turn in the box was class, can't ask for much more than we are getting from an 18 year old with half a dozen senior games to his name.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Thought he was good today. Needed to be taken off as he we have an important game midweek and another game a few days later.

criticalanalysis

I like his movement and willingness to play for the team but if he's playing as a forward, he should maybe have more of a threat himself.

There was a couple of lay offs, which in some he did well and some he under-hit. Sometimes you can refuse the one-two and take a touch to steady yourself and take a shot/shift it aside and see what the next moment could be i.e dribble into a more direct offensive area or lay off an even better ball (e.g a shot from the centre of the penalty area).

A talent and we should play him. Just hope he doesn't get philosophised.

m1y2

I thought he looked lively, though a couple of careless moments. Sometimes he drifts too far wide, giving us no central threat. Apart from that, good performance really.
well he wasn't getting on the ball much so it is natural for a player like him to drift wider especially when he can make space for Martial to go in for him, I have no problems with this kind of play, it's actually small piece of fluidity we can see in our game these days

Timdbro

He's looked the real deal to me. The goals obviously weren't gonna keep coming at that rate, but he does good things pretty much every time he gets the ball, not unlike Martial.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I didn't want him to start as I'm worried about burning him out with all these games in a row and he's looked tired in the last couple. However he did well enough that I was quite unhappy that it was him being taken off for Memphis (should have been Lingard, with Rashford moving over to the right).

jb8521

Yeah there's nothing like being picked to start for one of the biggest clubs in the world at 18 to ebb away someone's confidence

FromTheBench

He''s done fairly well again today.

Even barged off Andy Carroll off the ball once. :lol:

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
He's going to make it here I reckon. I think he's got enough tools in his locker to be a top player.

m1y2

He's going to make it here I reckon. I think he's got enough tools in his locker to be a top player.
would be interesting to see how he develops, would still be hesitant to judge on how high his potential is, if he's at least overall Welbeck level than great but something tells me he can be better, hopefully he will work hard over summer to cement his place in the team for the next season.

Sylar

Will still not understand why he started on the right in the last game. Its just insane when his movement in the box is great.

Id like to see him be allowed to take free kicks given how shocking the seniors are at it.

In Rainbows

Thought he had a good game today. Although I don't want people to put expectations on him. I still think he's 2-3 years away from claiming a legitimate spot. He scored those goals in his first 2 games, but I don't see it continuing.

m1y2

Thought he had a good game today. Although I don't want people to put expectations on him. I still think he's 2-3 years away from claiming a legitimate spot. He scored those goals in his first 2 games, but I don't see it continuing.
well the number of chances we created for him is nearly zero

Mike09

I like him play upfront not on the right. Still raw but a talented player for sure.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
You can tell when he plays that he's only 18 and isn't as far in his development as someone like Martial for instance. He has the confidence to take on and go past players but isn't quite there in terms of current ability for it to always work. Looks promising though.

Minkaro

Id like to see him be allowed to take free kicks given how shocking the seniors are at it.
There's a quote from Scholes (in the Scholes as pundit thread) saying that he takes them like Ronaldo.

Which I'm guessing means he misses most of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.