Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
I didn't get to see the match but only the goals.

Could anyone shed some light on how he was for the rest of the match? Was he just playing well or was it class whenever he was on the ball?
He was very good. Constantly pressed their defenders forcing them to make mistakes, showed very good technical skills, pace and quick thinking. His positioning was top notch as well.

He could become a nightmare to play against.

jb8521

Is this kid rated highly? Whats his chances of making it properly here?
He's one of the highest if not the highest paid u18 player we've had so yeah he's always been rated highly. Was always extremely small but has grown about 8/9 inches in the the past 2 years

Brightonian

Between Wilson and Rashford, who is more likely to make it?

U saw wilson play before and thought he had everything.
Jumping in here, I'd say Wilson, at least as a CF.

But Rashford's a tricky one to call since two seasons ago he suddenly shot up in height, and all of a sudden was converted from a tiny, lightning-fast flair winger into a sort of elusive, fast, all-rounder-ish striker. It's hard to know exactly what to make of him nowadays. He's had spells since then when he's been scoring a goal a game, but he's had spells where he couldn't buy a goal too. Wilson's always been exactly what he is, a very fast, very clinical striker who likes to run onto the ball and can score any type of goal you fancy.

ZDwyr

Pleased for him. Absolutely love it when an academy player scores. Wanted him to take the penalty for the hat-trick but Herrera does seem our best option there at the moment. Great debut in any case. Hope he can continue to improve and be a regular.

suheilsworld

Looked a complete striker. Direct in his runs and overall had a good game. Really excited. Hope he gets some run now that Keane is out

prateik

He was very good.
Wilson scored 2 on his debut too. I hope some of these kids realize their potential and become a part of the first team squad. That'd be great

Green_Red

Didnt see the game but delighted for the chap. When you think about the players that have done this on their debut he is on a very esteemed list.

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet
Very pleased for the lad. What impressed me the most was that he didn't stop trying to play his natural game even when things weren't going for him. It is obvious that he still has a lot of learning and bulking up to do. The most important thing is that he seems to have the basic tools: pace, technique, and an ability to find space. The next two years will be crucial for him. I hope he stays clear of injuries given his meteoric physical development in the past two years.

The club has some really promising youngsters at the moment: Tyler Reid, RoShaun, Mensah, Axel etc. I just wish we somehow manage to find them competitive game time for their development

Last edited:

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I dont know if this kid is gonna make it here or not, but it feels great to see an academy product have a game like he did.

Looked the part last night, very good movement, pace and power.

suheilsworld

Some of the youth that have come on this season have really looked more composed than our first starters. Rashford, C B Jo, Riley, Varela. This is quite good to see.

NoPace

Got into good positions in the box and had some clever touches outside of it.

Hopefully we start getting loans right, unlike with Januzaj, and we figure out which of Keane, Rashford and Wilson should be here and which can get big minutes at decent clubs.

Norris

I always had high hopes for him. Thought he had the potential from seeing footage of him a few years ago. Absolute chuffed for the lad :D.
His development has stalled a bit this season, Let's hope he gets more game time. I really think he has what it takes to make it at PL level.

Varun

Staff
Absolutely nothing better than seeing an academy kid shine. Chuffed for the lad.

Norris

Has he played a senior game before? I can't be bothered to check and see if he's had a loan spell
Nope. Been mostly with U18s. Think he was injured too, didn't play much this season. But was brilliant last season.

Norris

I just caught the highlights of the game. I know Giggs rates Rashford, but after he scored his second goal, Albert and van Gaal sort of congratulate Giggs in a way. Was nice to see.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He needed 30 mins to get into the game but after that he really got going and grew in confidence. Always great to see young players do well!

SSSSnake

Great change in pace. He is rapid! Cannot believe he's only 18! He's built like a tank

Parma Dewol

Is it too soon to pit him against Arsenal? I'd love to see him have a run at Mertesacker.

Thisistheone

I just caught the highlights of the game. I know Giggs rates Rashford, but after he scored his second goal, Albert and van Gaal sort of congratulate Giggs in a way. Was nice to see.
Yeah I noticed that. Van Gaal was gently punching Giggs on the arm as if to say "Good call"

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Got into good positions in the box and had some clever touches outside of it.

Hopefully we start getting loans right, unlike with Januzaj, and we figure out which of Keane, Rashford and Wilson should be here and which can get big minutes at decent clubs.
Depending on extent of his injury, possibly played his last game for us. Be surprised if he makes it to next season.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Depending on extent of his injury, possibly played his last game for us. Be surprised if he makes it to next season.
Thinking the same.

He's just had too many injuries.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
But Rashford's a tricky one to call since two seasons ago he suddenly shot up in height, and all of a sudden was converted from a tiny, lightning-fast flair winger into a sort of elusive, fast, all-rounder-ish striker. It's hard to know exactly what to make of him nowadays. He's had spells since then when he's been scoring a goal a game, but he's had spells where he couldn't buy a goal too.
That's good news I think. If he's grown much taller recently and already his body coordination and control has adapted to his long legs, it generally means it will get better after he has stopped growing. And it already looked pretty good.

NJM78

Is it too soon to pit him against Arsenal? I'd love to see him have a run at Mertesacker.
With no other option it surely isn't too soon. I wouldn't rush Martial personally as more likely will pull his hamstring for real if played too soon. I say throw him in as he will definitely give the German bean pole a tough time.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Imagine he scored the winner against Arsenal.:drool:

I'd throw him in there, personally. We're in a position where we don't have too much to lose (CL looks unlikely), and I'd be happy to see us put in someone who's quite clearly hungry, and has a lot of potential.

The Purley King

Obviously still a lot to work on with ball retention, but he had a lovely backheel in the first half on the edge of the box and is very very quick. Looks like he still has room to fill out a little in the coming years, so the future looks pretty bright for him.
He didn't seem overawed by the occasion, so if there is any doubt with Martial for Sunday then I'd say start Rashford.

Status
Not open for further replies.