6.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FromTheBench

Fairly highly, my take is he's a player that we may have to wait to fully develop physically, he's got the frame to be an absolute monster.
I'd say it's 50-50 tbh though depends also on the definition of making it here. Tough to tell fully as he is developing quicker now but still overall hasn't been that great this season.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Delighted for him! Absolutely amazing debut. Scored two goals and skinned their defenders a few times. Very good technique and pace. I want to see him play on Sunday.

RU Devil

Yeah, his movement was definitely very good. Found space well, sometimes ghosting in. Relatively easy finishes, though, but we've all seen vets sky those opportunities over the bar so much credit to him. Hope he gets time and doesn't let the ego get too big. Great debut, but then Macheda seemed to be the next Ole but didn't kick on.

FromTheBench

His goals tonight were the most excited I've been all season. Delighted for him. Wonder if he'll get the start Sunday?
Depends on Martial's fitness i suppose.

If he's fit then Rashford would go back to the bench and if he isn't he starts. Don't think there's another option ?

tom33

Not seen much of him before, but I know of his reputation. Actually looked quite Martial-like tonight in that he is quick, strong, direct and kind of 'no frills'. Hope he can keep it up!

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Pace, movement, and a poachers nose, all incredibly impressive.

It was his mentality that really stood out, played with no fear, like he'd been playing in the first team with years, and went for everything he had a half chance of reaching.

WhoDaGOAT

Fair play to him. We needed a light to be shined in our hour of need and he delivered.

Acole9

Outstanding
Wow what a debut that was :drool:. Hopefully Martial will be fit for Sunday but if this guy does play he could give Mertesacker a few problems. I hope this won't be the last we see of him and that he also doesn't dine out on this (see Macheda vs Villa).

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Absolutely delighted for him. as a young player, you need that bit of luck that will get your name noted down. Took his chance superbly well and felt so good; with all the negativity floating round the club, to see an 18 year old kid celebrating with his mates/family after scoring on his debut. That's what footballs about. Good luck to ya Marcus!

Gerald G

He played well. he will need to grow physically but hopefully he is a player we can rely on in the future.

m1y2

He's manc right? looks like Lingards taller brother and mix of Wilson and Martial, was cheering to his goals like mad! Fecking brilliant debut, give him 15 years contract

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
With Keane, Wilson and this kid we've some good talent. Some nice movement from him and kept his head when the chances came. Delighted for him. When we play at a tempo, like we did tonight then it makes it easier for these youngsters to do good things.

bpet15

Nice work lad, hopefully he'll kick on and be given a chance given our injury list
Read this as "hopefully he be given a chance to get on our injury list."

Glad I read it again - let's hope he isn't also cursed.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Yeah, his movement was definitely very good. Found space well, sometimes ghosting in. Relatively easy finishes, though, but we've all seen vets sky those opportunities over the bar so much credit to him. Hope he gets time and doesn't let the ego get too big. Great debut, but then Macheda seemed to be the next Ole but didn't kick on.
Movement was amazing.

For both goals he deliberately ran away from the obvious direction of play so when the assist passer looked up to cross, he was unmarked and in space. That's very smart and instinctive thinking.

Andrew Cole was saying that was his key skill and why he was able to be in position for so many of the chances he had during his United career.

Fer

Delighted for Rashford.
Rashford, Keane and Wilson... I'm glad to see that we have young strikers that can cover Rooney/Martial.

JackXX

Brilliant overall performance and two lovely goals. Great start to his career hopefully we will see more of him.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I didn't get to see the match but only the goals.

Could anyone shed some light on how he was for the rest of the match? Was he just playing well or was it class whenever he was on the ball?

jb8521

who's his agent? better tie him up on long term contract. This guy is the real deal. Rashford and Wilson would compliment each other, I think. I have a dream...
Welbeck's brother is actually his agent as far as I know

Status
Not open for further replies.