Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

moodyred

Rashford is a very good player and I do see him becoming world class. He has good ball control, speed and knows how to get into space. He needs to improve his finishing though. At this moment, it is the overall team that has a problem and some individuals need to go, but NOT Rashford. We need to keep him at all cost.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Rashford has many impressive qualities and his statistics are solid for a player of his age. What he now needs to do over the next couple of years is
  • Tighten his technical game up. He's not the most incredibly gifted footballer in terms of his mastery over the ball in tight spaces, but he can learn with age to understand his strengths and weaknesses in this regard and make better decisions in those situations. See Diego Costa at his prime. Not the most outstanding dribbler, but knew when and how to use his qualities when running at defenders. Granted Rahdford has much more pace to burn and potential in this aspect but he needs to improve nonetheless.
  • General decision making. This should come with time. Right now, as people as mentioned, he plays like a huge star but without the qualities a huge star should have. Taking long aimless shots. Dribbling pointlessly. Trying to be a hero.
  • Also, I feel he needs to master something if he ever wants to become a top player or even one level below that. Right now he's sort of pretty good or inconstant but good at many things. He needs to achieve excellence in at least one area and given his position it should be finishing.
I don't think Rashford is a sure shot to becoming a top class player. He could definitely end up being a good useful forward who is never really up there among the best/top 10 in the world. But let's see how much he develops over the next few.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Rashford is a very good player and I do see him becoming world class. He has good ball control, speed and knows how to get into space. He needs to improve his finishing though. At this moment, it is the overall team that has a problem and some individuals need to go, but NOT Rashford. We need to keep him at all cost.
What makes you think he is a very good player and what gives you the confidence he will be world class? His improvement / progress over the past years has been poor, his decision making is still terrible and he seems to be a player who will always be inconsistent. I do not think he has what it takes to make the next, big step

moodyred

What makes you think he is a very good player and what gives you the confidence he will be world class? His improvement / progress over the past years has been poor, his decision making is still terrible and he seems to be a player who will always be inconsistent. I do not think he has what it takes to make the next, big step
Guess everyone has the right to their opinion. You feel his progress/improvement has been poor, but I feel it had been hampered by the poor team play in general. I also feel that Rashford has the right attitude to succeed. In contrast, Martial's attitude is a huge concern.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Guess everyone has the right to their opinion. You feel his progress/improvement has been poor, but I feel it had been hampered by the poor team play in general. I also feel that Rashford has the right attitude to succeed. In contrast, Martial's attitude is a huge concern.
Fair enough, I was interested in getting to know why you see it that way. I also think his attitude is rather a problem, same for Lingard who is a much worse footballer on top. Time will tell I guess

Please tell me that this supposed attitude problem Rashford has doesn't solely derive from a trivial taste in apparel.
Please,please tell me its alittle bit more than that.

luke511

Please tell me that this supposed attitude problem Rashford has doesn't solely derive from a trivial taste in apparel.
Please,please tell me its alittle bit more than that.
It isn't solely derived from what he's wearing, but overly materialistic things like these bulky diamond necklaces he's been wearing to social events and even just walking the streets like in that selfie hints towards an egotistical change in his personality. This is natural of course with all the fame he's gotten so quickly, but his down to earth, schoolboy demeanour was what people liked so much about him when he broke into the first team, and now we see a lot more selfish performances and sulky antics, and you wonder whether it's a change in his mentality that's caused the change in his performances.

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
What do you mean by this?

manunited1919

Even if he is asking for £270k per week or we get an offer of £100m+ for him?

Baneofthegame

He needs to improve a lot of areas for next season if he wants to be our 10 full time.

- Shot selection
- Decision making
- Set Pieces
- Attitude in places as he can drift in and out of games.

Some of it i’d like to put down to youth and the ankle injury he suffered against Liverpool as his form seemed to dip after that match, combined with Pogbas form slipping around the same time.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Rashford’s biggest crime is already playing for us. We’d be purring over the thought of him based on this first half.

Swiss_Red89

Three professional penaltys so far...Every time under high pressure. And he put everyone away ice cool.

For all the critisim he gets, he really seems to have nerves of steel and wants to have the responsibility.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Rashford’s biggest crime is already playing for us. We’d be purring over the thought of him based on this first half.
Would we? His contribution came from an unforced error and has otherwise been relatively blunt at beating a man. He's made some decent runs but it's an OK enough performance. Nothing worthy of purring over him (yet). Hope he gets me off my seat more in the second half.

Paul_Scholes18

Three professional penaltys so far...Every time under high pressure. And he put everyone away ice cool.

For all the critisim he gets, he really seems to have nerves of steel and wants to have the responsibility.
Mentally he is bloody brilliant. Did show that from the start. I think he needs good coaching though to get the best out of his movement and make him do less stupid things. He is not that great on the ball so he should be in the box more and try to find good space rather than come deeper to dribble and create.

Someone should tell him not to take freekicks too since he is not good at them. Although him training a lot of them is a good thing and he might improve in the future.

AJ10

There is a massive difference between Rashford 2 years ago and now. Seems to have lost that something he had in his game, now it just feels like he only has pace and tries to be like Ronaldo.

Paul_Scholes18

There is a massive difference between Rashford 2 years ago and now. Seems to have lost that something he had in his game, now it just feels like he only has pace and tries to be like Ronaldo.
He played it more simple I think. Worked for the team more and tried to make good moves. Mourinho and Zlatan around is probably not great for players ego. They see the ego and think they should have one too.

Stadjer

He should not take free kicks ever again but he should take all penalties. I feel safer with Rashford behind a penalty than Pogba behind a penalty.

deafepl

Whenever I watch, Rashford caused defender a lot of trouble to deal with him off the movement, pressing and frightening pace, even VVDS, and De Ligt struggling to deal with him. After he went off, they finally can breathe properly and deal with Kane easily

Same against City, Spurs, and Chelsea, etc. I think if Rashford improves his decisions making better, he would be more effective. He got every attributes Mbappe has but he's poor in decisions making compared to Mbappe.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Can I just say, I can't get enough of the way he embraces high-pressure situations. :D

Whenever i watch Rashford, you can see he has individual quality in spades. Off the ball, he's top notch. His constant pressing & runs in behind with his pace is a nightmare for defenders. In my opinion, we never made full use of it this season. It was him on his own the majority of the time.

It's what he does once he's on the ball, that he's struggled with this season. The amount of times, he would pick up the ball in the inside-channel, dribble past a defender with ease, but instead of either passing it off or shooting, he would try to dribble past another defender and either the chance is now gone or he's intercepted was too many to count. That is my biggest frustration when I watch him.

It's the decision-making that is his biggest weakness. Because he is getting into a lot of dangerous positions, but is not making the most of them yet.

He needs to get in the hyperbolic time chamber with Ole.

Because if he can sort that out, the sky is the limit for him.

Aloysius's Back 3

Can I just say, I can't get enough of the way he embraces high-pressure situations. :D

Whenever i watch Rashford, you can see he has individual quality in spades. Off the ball, he's top notch. His constant pressing & runs in behind with his pace is a nightmare for defenders. In my opinion, we never made full use of it this season. It was him on his own the majority of the time.

It's what he does once he's on the ball, that he's struggled with this season. The amount of times, he would pick up the ball in the inside-channel, dribble past a defender with ease, but instead of either passing it off or shooting, he would try to dribble past another defender and either the chance is now gone or he's intercepted was too many to count. That is my biggest frustration when I watch him.

It's the decision-making that is his biggest weakness. Because he is getting into a lot of dangerous positions, but is not making the most of them yet.

He needs to get in the hyperbolic time chamber with Ole.

Because if he can sort that out, the sky is the limit for him.

Whenever I watch, Rashford caused defender a lot of trouble to deal with him off the movement, pressing and frightening pace, even VVDS, and De Ligt struggling to deal with him. After he went off, they finally can breathe properly and deal with Kane easily

Same against City, Spurs, and Chelsea, etc. I think if Rashford improves his decisions making better, he would be more effective. He got every attributes Mbappe has but he's poor in decisions making compared to Mbappe.
This is the why in my opinion the lad needs to play as an inverted forward getting the ball on his right foot after a run behind the defence being set up by a false 9/CAM. I don't see what Rashford lacks that Mane does to be honest but what is clear is that Mane wouldn't get some of his freedom without the defenders having to occupy Salah doing the same thing on the other side & this is what we have been lacking.

We can talk about attitudes and abilities about Rashford, Lukaku, Martial, sanchez, Lingard & Greenwood all we want but they have all been trying to overcome a defence with a lopsided strength due to no one playing on the RW.

Rashford - Martial (f9) - Greenwood
(Martial) - Felix/Sancho- (Lukaku/Bale/Pepe)

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Apart from the pen incident which he deserves praise for pressing De Ligt into an error and fantastic penalty taking - his game was poor.. not able to hold the ball up or have any impact like Depay did in possession.

It’s going to be a long season if he’s our number one striker.

lsd

The Oracle

Stats wise he is our Emile Heskey.

For liverpool Hesky scored 60 goals in 220 games

Rashford has scored 45 in 170 games if he plays 50 times next season he would have to score more than 15 goals to top that.

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

Anyone else think he has gotten worse over time? When he first came in under LVG his movement and positioning was far better and he was more of a team player and looked a natural goal scorer. Now he seems trapped in this idea that he can just out speed everyone and blast the ball in to the back of the net. Like a boxer who puts too much faith in that 1 haymaker and throws it over and over again.

I’m really getting to the point where as much as i’d Love him to lead this club forward in to the future that I don’t really care if he stayed of left. He needs to get back to what he was doing when he first broke through, calm down and realise that he can pass the ball sometimes when in the 18yarder.

Hope Ole is able to get to him and settle him down and that he has a big season because I think he needs it.

iHicksy

I remember reading an interview with one the youth coaches when Rashford broke through. He was saying that at the moment in the first team Rashford is just keeping things simple and that when he gains more confidence he will try more tricks and flicks etc, as he plays for the youth sides. Well, it looks like we now have that Rashford. It's not that he's become egotistical, it's that this is actually how he's always played and when he broke through he was under instructions to just do the simple things to establish himself.

Stats wise he is our Emile Heskey.

For liverpool Hesky scored 60 goals in 220 games

Rashford has scored 45 in 170 games if he plays 50 times next season he would have to score more than 15 goals to top that.
Utterly ridiculous comparison. You have compared two different phases in players careers. You have compared a young player breaking into the first team, learning and adapting his game to an established first team player. Heskey had played 150+ games for Leicester before he moved to Liverpool.

lsd

The Oracle
Utterly ridiculous comparison. You have compared two different phases in players careers. You have compared a young player breaking into the first team, learning and adapting his game to an established first team player. Heskey had played 150+ games for Leicester before he moved to Liverpool.

I said stats wise as the stats are the same and Heskey was 21 when he moved to Liverpool.

The only ridiculous thing is Heskey once scored over 20 goals a season for liverpool which Rashford is unlikely to do.

Also Heskey was a good team player with lots of assists and his stats at Leicester when he broke through to the first team are still the same as Rashfords

He should not take free kicks ever again but he should take all penalties. I feel safer with Rashford behind a penalty than Pogba behind a penalty.
They should swap their set-piece roles.
Bemused as to why Pogba has been taken off freekick duty these past 2 seasons.

I said stats wise as the stats are the same and Heskey was 21 when he moved to Liverpool.

The only ridiculous thing is Heskey once scored over 20 goals a season for liverpool which Rashford is unlikely to do.

Also Heskey was a good team player with lots of assists and his stats at Leicester when he broke through to the first team are still the same as Rashfords
You are comparing a player who has retired to a player that’s 21. Rashford’s Utd career cannot be compared to Heskey’s. Did you even see him play? They are totally different players. Such an utterly pointless comparison.

Why don’t you compare the number of games Rashford has played and scored in to Ronaldo at the same age - they will be very similar. Again, another completly pointless comparison, but paint a completely different picture that you can use to support your bias...

lsd

The Oracle
You are comparing a player who has retired to a player that’s 21. Rashford’s Utd career cannot be compared to Heskey’s. Did you even see him play? They are totally different players. Such an utterly pointless comparison.

Why don’t you compare the number of games Rashford has played and scored in to Ronaldo at the same age - they will be very similar. Again, another completly pointless comparison, but paint a completely different picture that you can use to support your bias...

Again you seem to have a problem with stats wise . Not once have I said I'm comparing anything other than stats . Iv compared their stats from the same age and from when Heskey played for liverpool nothing else .

Iv no idea why you think it matters that Heskey is retired .

Rashford is as prolific as Heskey going by their stats at a similar age . I find that a bit worrying if we are going to rely on the guy as our main striker

Again you seem to have a problem with stats wise . Not once have I said I'm comparing anything other than stats . Iv compared their stats from the same age and from when Heskey played for liverpool nothing else .

Iv no idea why you think it matters that Heskey is retired .

Rashford is as prolific as Heskey going by their stats at a similar age . I find that a bit worrying if we are going to rely on the guy as our main striker
So stats wise Rashford is the same as Ronaldo at the same point in their careers.

You compared Heskey aged 21-25 (approx) to Rashford aged 17-21 (approx). How can you not see that’s a pointless comparison.

You’ve used Heskey as he went on to be utterly useless and a joke amongst football fans to support your bias. The rest of his career supports that bias. Far better to compare Rashford to players of a similar age who are playing now, ala Martial if you insist on comparisons.

Let’s just see how his career pans out, there’s no need to pointlessly compare him to other players.

lsd

The Oracle
So stats wise Rashford is the same as Ronaldo at the same point in their careers.

You compared Heskey aged 21-25 (approx) to Rashford aged 17-21 (approx). How can you not see that’s a pointless comparison.

You’ve used Heskey as he went on to be utterly useless and a joke amongst football fans to support your bias. The rest of his career supports that bias. Far better to compare Rashford to players of a similar age who are playing now, ala Martial if you insist on comparisons.

Let’s just see how his career pans out, there’s no need to pointlessly compare him to other players.

Yes so long as Rashford starts scoring 40 a season from here on

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Yes so long as Rashford starts scoring 40 a season from here on
Why? I know this post is partly tongue in cheek (I hope) but Ronaldo only had 1 season where he scored more than 26 goals in all competitions at United in the 6 seasons he was with us.

Rashford is still just a lad, Ronaldo at his age was also struggling at times. In 05/06 Season he scored 12 times and he was aged 20-21.

Rashfords next objective should be trying to hit 20 goals in all competitions. That would match Ronaldo's progress and would be a good milestone for Rashford. Nobody should expect him to reach Ronaldos levels anyway, he's a freak of a talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.