5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rashford does not need a loan. Butt and the Nevilles weren't loaned, and those guys weren't as skilful as Marcus, they (they were all white) didn't have his pace, and they (they were all under 1.82 tall) weren't as strong as him, and Butt and P Nev didn't have his stamina (G Nev had more tbh).
WTF is this?!

Aloysius's Back 3

Rashford would be nasty for Klopp that's why - the inverted forward as a LF, the work rate, the back up full striker instead of false 9, the home grown English kid who moved to the rivals - it's obvious they are playing games with us. However - they are saying things that United ex's should say bar the loan moves.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
He needs to leave, not because of game time but because his game is way too raw at this stage. He needs a hands-on coach like Tuchel or Pep, to improve every aspect of his game. He does not need more games at the highest level because he has played plenty at every level. He needs training by a manager who exceeds in developing young attacking talent.

I feel like he did not improve much just by playing more games at Utd. Was he better last season than the season before? Is he better now than last season?

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Rashford does not need a loan. Butt and the Nevilles weren't loaned, and those guys weren't as skilful as Marcus, they (they were all white) didn't have his pace, and they (they were all under 1.82 tall) weren't as strong as him, and Butt and P Nev didn't have his stamina (G Nev had more tbh).
What the hell does them being white have to do with anything ?

Posts like this make the criticize the post not the poster rule baffling.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
*scratches chin*

Eh?

el3mel

You should be banned for this alone.

andyjgt1

Supports
Man City
He's been giving his opinions on United's young players throughout their performance threads, I get the feeling he's on a bit of a wind up with some of the stuff he's come out with.
A team that didn't even try to buy Panucci, Zanetti or Thuram to block the progress of the Neville brothers certainly didn't need to buy the far worse Lindelof (and Bailly?) to block that of Tuanzebe and TFM, who have more talent than the Nevilles.

Also, Sir Alex willingly let go of Parker and Ince in favour of G Nev and Butt, while Mourinho is holding on to Darmian, Jones and Rojo and kept Blind for longer than he should have.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Rashford does not need a loan. Butt and the Nevilles weren't loaned, and those guys weren't as skilful as Marcus, they didn't have his pace, and they (they were all under 1.82 tall) weren't as strong as him, and Butt and P Nev didn't have his stamina (G Nev had more tbh).
What is wrong with you? Your original quote...

deafepl

I feel like Rashford needs to put more pressure on the defence, like hold up against them or challenge them in the air, he was so scared to do that stuff.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The case now appears to be Rashford to play as a 9. Is he better than Lukaku up top? No.

Then back to him being on the left flank - is he more talented and established than Sanchez? No. Has he pushed the case to start ahead of him? No.

Hes very good off the bench and the occasional starting role but he's still 19. He needs to go on loan in my opinion. Even if its a club like Cardiff or Brighton.

I think because he started SO well for LVG and exploded out of nowhere, the expected standards are higher than what they should be for a striker at his age of development.

ash_86

The case now appears to be Rashford to play as a 9. Is he better than Lukaku up top? No.

Then back to him being on the left flank - is he more talented and established than Sanchez? No. Has he pushed the case to start ahead of him? No.

Hes very good off the bench and the occasional starting role but he's still 19. He needs to go on loan in my opinion. Even if its a club like Cardiff or Brighton.

I think because he started SO well for LVG and exploded out of nowhere, the expected standards are higher than what they should be for a striker at his age of development.

Exactly how i feel. Just like how loan dod wonders for Kane, a midtable club where he starts week in week out would do wonders for his development.

VJ1762

I have said from the beginning that this guy is overrated. He should be grateful that he is playing at man utd. His ceiling is playing at around the everton-watford level. The way this guy gets media coverage, you would be thinking that he was mbappe or something. A better version of welbeck, that's it. He should only remain as a squad player.

forevrared

He'll be 21 next month. I don't disagree that playing every week is exactly what he needs, but we haven't got the depth to send him away.

hn4manunited

He'll be 21 next month. I don't disagree that playing every week is exactly what he needs, but we haven't got the depth to send him away.
Thanks for pointing that out. We simply don’t have the depth to send a player like Rashford away on loan! We need every player we can keep to have options.

Renegade

His Manchester United number 10. I don’t see him going on loan to a mid table team. The perfect chance to do that was the year we had Zlatan in my opinion. He gets overrated very quickly after a goal or two. I do agree with the poster that says he needs more hands on coaching. Being 2nd/3rd choice striker at United is no shame though. The young Nigerian striker who moved to Leicester from City has hardly set the world alight with his move. It doesn’t always work out.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Thanks for pointing that out. We simply don’t have the depth to send a player like Rashford away on loan! We need every player we can keep to have options.
Agree. But it would be better for his development and for us long term. We should sign a winger and loan him out to develop as a striker or we should play him more as a striker

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
When his competition is Sánchez who is trying to find his form, Lingard, Mata and Martial. There’s no reason why he should be going out on loan if he really has the level of potential everyone is saying. It’s a ridiculous suggestion, if City can rotate Sterling, Sane, Mahrez and Bernardo Silva there’s absolutely no reason why we don’t have space for a talent like Rashford.

Anyways, the timing of this debate is ridiculous. He just had a positive international break. We need matches to come fast because these performance threads are getting pretty tedious.

Woziak

@Woziak I see a lot of people suggesting we drop Sanchez, but why? Rashford hasn't done anything to warrant starting for us. He played well for England, sure, but he actually got sent off in our last game against Burnely, whereas Sanchez was one of our better players. He could become good player and maybe even a great one but right now he's got a long, long way to go.

Check his record against the Top 6 vs Sanchez while in a United Shirt, enfact look at their goals and assists to minutes played while Sanchez has been at United. Sanchez has too many off field problems and so far that investment which is the best part of £40M for 3 goals and 5 assists looks pretty p... poor don't you think.

Sanchez has played his best football at Chile and Arsenal, Rashford has 2 maybe 3 gears to go up. Of our 4 strikers, one Sanchez is fast, two Lukaku and Martial are quick and Rashford is on another level of pace altogether only Mbappe in World football has his extreme bust of speed, we as a club need to learn how to use it as he Marcus loves the club, supports the club and has 12 great years to give the club not maybe 12 months like Sanchez.

If you live local to Manchester then you would understand why Sanchez could never have the same understanding or affection that a boy who supported United as a kid and who was born in Wythenshaw would receive from the true fans of the club. We gave him the number 10 shirt now play him in a 4312 formation. Lingard should start in the No 10 and Rashford and Lukaku should be the twin strike force. One narrow from the right, one narrow from the left if Lingard fails to create, then play Sanchez in the no 10 role, if he fails play Juan Mata who is a natural No 10. Let Matic sit at the base of the Midfield and get both Full Backs higher up the pitch.

Cassidy

When his competition is Sánchez who is trying to find his form, Lingard, Mata and Martial. There’s no reason why he should be going out on loan if he really has the level of potential everyone is saying. It’s a ridiculous suggestion, if City can rotate Sterling, Sane, Mahrez and Bernardo Silva there’s absolutely no reason why we don’t have space for a talent like Rashford.

Anyways, the timing of this debate is ridiculous. He just had a positive international break. We need matches to come fast because these performance threads are getting pretty tedious.
I think the suggestion comes when speaking about minutes playing as a striker, and it comes with the fact that he doesn't get much of it here. As someone who suggested a loan may be a good option, my personal preference is to move to a 2 striker system so he can get more minutes there. Also the point raised was about becoming a top striker not becoming a top player, so the conversation and debate is really around his development in that particular position.

If he is happy to be a wide player and we think thats his best position then there is nothing wrong with his trajectory thus far, apart from the fact he needs to try and improve his consistency.

Personally I think he should be playing as a striker and developing the weaker areas of his game in that position.

Woziak

This thread is bordering on ridiculous!
Why on earth would we entertain loaning out one of the 5 best Under 21 players in World football?

All young player's have dips in form, look at Gabrielle Jesus at City but no one suggests he should go out on loan when Tite, the Brazilian coach is threatening to kick him out of the National Squad.

His record for club and country is more than acceptable for a 20 year old and as a club we have to support his learning curve both on and off the field. If Jose was indeed serious about switching to 4132, 4312 or 3142 then Marcus will play more games in his favoured role centrally. If he scores 15 goals for club and 5 for his country from 40 to 50 games or 3500 minutes he is progressing at a more than acceptable rate.

Look he loves the club, he bleeds red and he is not going anywhere unless Jose stop picking him for the match day squad which is not going to happen.

UncleBob

If you live local to Manchester then you would understand why Sanchez could never have the same understanding or affection that a boy who supported United as a kid and who was born in Wythenshaw would receive from the true fans of the club.
Who qualifies as a true fan of the club, do we need to apply somewhere ? is there a committee involved ? are there any ISO certificates ?

For me it's a tad depressive that it's used as an argument, if you don't agree with x,y or z you're not really a true fan.

In regards to Rashford, and young players in general, i'm not entirely sure why some view it as a failure, or similar, to send them out on loan. Plenty of quality players have decided that they'll be better off going out on loan for a period of time. It's not like anyone should be worried about the amount of time he's getting on the pitch, or that he's not considered one of our most talented players, it's pretty obvious that the club and manager have high hopes for him. The only concern would be that we're not giving up enough time up front to develope in what seems to be his most natural position. Is it a fact that it's happening ? obviously not, for all we know everyone at the club is in agreement that this is the best way to develop Rashford and that the long term plan is to gradually mold him into a more complete striker.

Not sure why anyone should be ridiculed for being of the opinion that a loan might be the best option, or staying at the club for that matter, it's not like anyone wants him to fail, people on here just have different opinions on what they believe the best forward is.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Check his record against the Top 6 vs Sanchez while in a United Shirt, enfact look at their goals and assists to minutes played while Sanchez has been at United. Sanchez has too many off field problems and so far that investment which is the best part of £40M for 3 goals and 5 assists looks pretty p... poor don't you think.

Sanchez has played his best football at Chile and Arsenal, Rashford has 2 maybe 3 gears to go up. Of our 4 strikers, one Sanchez is fast, two Lukaku and Martial are quick and Rashford is on another level of pace altogether only Mbappe in World football has his extreme bust of speed, we as a club need to learn how to use it as he Marcus loves the club, supports the club and has 12 great years to give the club not maybe 12 months like Sanchez.

If you live local to Manchester then you would understand why Sanchez could never have the same understanding or affection that a boy who supported United as a kid and who was born in Wythenshaw would receive from the true fans of the club. We gave him the number 10 shirt now play him in a 4312 formation. Lingard should start in the No 10 and Rashford and Lukaku should be the twin strike force. One narrow from the right, one narrow from the left if Lingard fails to create, then play Sanchez in the no 10 role, if he fails play Juan Mata who is a natural No 10. Let Matic sit at the base of the Midfield and get both Full Backs higher up the pitch.
His record of goals is fine against the top 6 but it's his all round play that's concerning, there were times last season he was selfish and kept running the ball into a dead end, he doesn't deserve to be starting plain and simple. If he was playing well in every appearance then sure, I'd be more than happy for him to be starting but he hasn't. I've still not forgotten the games he cost us last season by refusing to pass to a teammate in a much better position than himself.

Also, it's very presumptuous to assume that people who don't live local to Manchester automatically don't get Rashford (FYI I only live 30 minutes away). Your whole post seems very romantic, 4-3-1-2 would just mean we've wasted a tremendous amount of money on midfielders if we're giving the number 10 role to Lingard, who is doing, and will hopefully continue to do, a good job from the right hand side. Lukaku and Rashford don't have even close to a skill set that would compliment one another either. Calling people who don't think Rashford should be an automatic starter, because he doesn't deserve it no less, not "true fans" is a bit of a joke.

mav_9me

A good article looking at the numbers. Should give people more confidence in Rashford and remember how young he is.

Cassidy

This thread is bordering on ridiculous!
Why on earth would we entertain loaning out one of the 5 best Under 21 players in World football?

All young player's have dips in form, look at Gabrielle Jesus at City but no one suggests he should go out on loan when Tite, the Brazilian coach is threatening to kick him out of the National Squad.

His record for club and country is more than acceptable for a 20 year old and as a club we have to support his learning curve both on and off the field. If Jose was indeed serious about switching to 4132, 4312 or 3142 then Marcus will play more games in his favoured role centrally. If he scores 15 goals for club and 5 for his country from 40 to 50 games or 3500 minutes he is progressing at a more than acceptable rate.

Look he loves the club, he bleeds red and he is not going anywhere unless Jose stop picking him for the match day squad which is not going to happen.
Jesus gets games as a CF at City, so why would he need to go on loan, other than to play every week there, which isn't a bad idea, but TBH hes getting enough time in the position to develop at City.

Woziak

Jesus gets games as a CF at City, so why would he need to go on loan, other than to play every week there, which isn't a bad idea, but TBH hes getting enough time in the position to develop at City.
Rashford plays just as many minutes in all competitions look at last years stats !!

Woziak

Who qualifies as a true fan of the club, do we need to apply somewhere ? is there a committee involved ? are there any ISO certificates ?

For me it's a tad depressive that it's used as an argument, if you don't agree with x,y or z you're not really a true fan.

In regards to Rashford, and young players in general, i'm not entirely sure why some view it as a failure, or similar, to send them out on loan. Plenty of quality players have decided that they'll be better off going out on loan for a period of time. It's not like anyone should be worried about the amount of time he's getting on the pitch, or that he's not considered one of our most talented players, it's pretty obvious that the club and manager have high hopes for him. The only concern would be that we're not giving up enough time up front to develope in what seems to be his most natural position. Is it a fact that it's happening ? obviously not, for all we know everyone at the club is in agreement that this is the best way to develop Rashford and that the long term plan is to gradually mold him into a more complete striker.

Not sure why anyone should be ridiculed for being of the opinion that a loan might be the best option, or staying at the club for that matter, it's not like anyone wants him to fail, people on here just have different opinions on what they believe the best forward is.

• A true fan can live anywhere in the World and can be an avid armchair fan which doesn't diminish their passion for the club but may not give them a true reflection of the players performances, week in week out!
  • They are more measured in criticising the Players and the Club and do not suffer from needless knee jerk reaction and unecessary meltdowns.
  • They support the youth policy which has been part of our unique culture and History
  • They don't create ridiculous threads on Marcus Rashford and other young British players coming through that are inconsistent but yet have brilliant days like last season when he destroyed Liverpool.
  • They are tolerant and NOT TOUCHY when other United Fans have an opinion about the Coach, the club and the players!
  • They know our complete history including our first domestic Title 110 years ago and understand the Newton Heath period as well as the period both before and after Munich, Aitkinson and Sexton years of pain and the odd cup win!
  • They have a common bond for despising anything to do with Liverpool Football Club
  • But most importantly when the chips are down they behave like those amazing away fans who went to Burnley a few weeks ago and always support the team on the pitch by singing their hearts out!
If you tick most of the boxes above then you my friend you are a true Fan irrespective of where you live?

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Mourinho has ruined him when he plays badly. Has wasted him when he plays well.

Narrative has been working like clockwork for 18 months.

Woziak

What part of CF position do you not get?

What part of playing 2 upfront do you not get?

Its not as if we've scored more than 80pl goals in the last 5 seasons now is it.
Fergie kept 4 or 5 top class CFws happy by playing 2 and sometimes 3 at all times, Pep plays 2 up top more often than he plays just the 1 CFW!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Its not as if we've scored more than 80pl goals in the last 5 seasons now is it.
Fergie kept 4 or 5 top class CFws happy by playing 2 and sometimes 3 at all times, Pep plays 2 up top more often than he plays just the 1 CFW!
We don't have the right players at the back to allow us to have 2 strikers up top in a cavalier approach to the game. What part about that do you struggle with?

Pep spent 200m on his back 4 before we get to Ederson. He can do whatever the feck he wants up top.

There is little doubt in my mind that we'd have tried a 352 if we brought in ball playing centre backs this season.

Cassidy

Christ, so out of the minutes your talking about how many of those were him playing in a front 2 or as a CF? I'm not sure what your not getting.
There is no reason to suggest Jesus should go on loan because he is getting the minutes at CF, Rashford isn't which is why its been suggested, its pretty simple.

The manager isn't playing him as a CF, if he starts to, no problem in a front 2 or as a backup with rotation then great, whilst he isn't the suggestion of a loan is a valid one. The comparison to Jesus doesn't make any sense, which is the specific thing I quoted you about.

Aloysius's Back 3

Christ, so out of the minutes your talking about how many of those were him playing in a front 2 or as a CF? I'm not sure what your not getting.
There is no reason to suggest Jesus should go on loan because he is getting the minutes at CF, Rashford isn't which is why its been suggested, its pretty simple.

The manager isn't playing him as a CF, if he starts to, no problem in a front 2 or as a backup with rotation then great, whilst he isn't the suggestion of a loan is a valid one. The comparison to Jesus doesn't make any sense, which is the specific thing I quoted you about.
These guys talking about minutes played - as this is some sort of work experience for these players. They are being used as plugs in holes within our team rather than letting them build and understanding to a role on the pitch.

It's even more simple than that - it's simply Jose using a formation that he himself is strong at but the squad is not accustomed to. No right winger, inconsistent left wingers, inconsistent Cam, CM that are forced to play defensive in a back 2 etc - everyone was squeezed in to a 4231 - I mean Mata at RW and Jose's fans still don't see a thing.

Fan's have been calling out for the 352 for ages; for the use of attacking players, for the midfield balance & the defensive stability with fullbacks who do the things that are currently expected off Rashford & Martial.

Cassidy

These guys talking about minutes played - as this is some sort of work experience for these players. They are being used as plugs in holes within our team rather than letting them build and understanding to a role on the pitch.

It's even more simple than that - it's simply Jose using a formation that he himself is strong at but the squad is not accustomed to. No right winger, inconsistent left wingers, inconsistent Cam, CM that are forced to play defensive in a back 2 etc - everyone was squeezed in to a 4231 - I mean Mata at RW and Jose's fans still don't see a thing.

Fan's have been calling out for the 352 for ages; for the use of attacking players, for the midfield balance & the defensive stability with fullbacks who do the things that are currently expected off Rashford & Martial.
Its better to leave Jose out of it, because it then becomes a debate about him and not the players development.

haram

People expecting him to keep playing at the same level he did when he first broke through are deluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.