Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snafu17

That fact that he wrote "shouldn't of" in his apology tweet pisses me off more than the red card.

Seven Seas Sardines

This. Going "he started it!" is at the maturity of 5 year olds, and this is the Rashford thread. Also, for all he knew Bardsley was about to get a red from the ref, but he decides to take charge and gratify his anger with a stupid gesture like that, which he knows full well will get you sent off 99 times out of 100.

Really disappointed in Rashford.
Makes sense, no?

Irrational.

If he was going to get sent off he should have done it properly. Bardsley is an odious twat and was looking for that reaction all along.

RedDevil5

Hopefully he learns from this. Really disappointing from him. He should know better. Deserved to be sent off.

EasyE

Anyone got a GIF of the kick out from Bardsley? I didn't get why reacted in that way.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Every person in the world would react similar. It's stupid to get yourself sent off, but I would feel stupid if I let someone kick me out for no reason without reacting to it.

el3mel

Every person in the world would react similar. It's stupid to get yourself sent off, but I would feel stupid if I let someone kick me out for no reason without reacting to it.
Any midtable player will try to get under your skin and force you to act stupidly and get you send off. It's whether you fail to their tricks and cost your teams or keep your head in its place for the sake of the team.

Silas

Is personal pride more important than the team?

OL29

Wasn't even a red for me, don't think there was any intent to actually headbutt him.

James Peril

What Bardsley does is naughty, but he gets exactly what he’s trying to provoke from Rashford. Every player in the world knows you don’t lock heads with another player - it’s a red every time if there’s 1g of force behind it. Fine the guy at least two weeks’ worth of wages.

And Rash.... please, what are you trying to do here? :D Bardsley would beat you down with both hands on his back, it looked pretty embarrassing when he didn’t even move an inch. Rash is like 65 kilos

sam147

Last season his selfish brainless play cost the team points when he wouldnt play a simple pass to Lukaku or took pointless shots. Not to mention the fact is instead of linking up play, trying to dribble all he ever does it knock it forward and chase it. Then he escapes criticism because he is 'Young' and 'English'. When he plays bad at ST its because he is better at LW. When is poor there its because he is better at ST. How many excuses will this kid need. His attitude changed since the start of last season. No he isnt a hardworking humble lad. He started to throw tantrums on the pitch when he lost the ball and that is further justified by his actions today which were selfish and could've cost the whole team. Mbappe lost his head yesterday but he also scored a goal and laid down a marker to referees that he wants to be protected. Rashfords was pure stupidity. And yes I do believe he is 100% overrated. In the u21s he wasnt known as the best finisher and he lacks everything else. For someone so fast his movement is so poor. Greenwood and Chong look like they have a higher ceiling. Glad he is banned for the next three games now when we need pace of the bench we will have to play Martial.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Is personal pride more important than the team?
Don't get me wrong, it's wrong for the team, and he shouldn't be doing it, but I can understand why he did it and don't want to criticise him a lot for it.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
What a colossal weapon he is.

Needs to give his head a wobble and not by using Bardsley's to do it.

Kemizee

I can't beleive anyone is blaming Rashford for the red. Bardsley kicked at him deliberately to rile him.

Rashford naturally felt provoked and tried to stand up to him. What he did was a natural, spontaneous reaction and anyone could have done that. It was a yellow and nothing more considering he only locked heads with Bardsley.
A red should only have been given if he held Bardsley's throat or kicked back or manhandled him.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Silly reaction, but he'll learn from this. No biggy.

cantaldo

His and richarlison's sending off's in the past two weeks are so pathetic, lightly putting your head against another person's is not violent conduct.

Mainoldo

He’s going to be this years Martial. I can see it already. I’m giving the fans until December to turn on him.

Last season his selfish brainless play cost the team points when he wouldnt play a simple pass to Lukaku or took pointless shots. Not to mention the fact is instead of linking up play, trying to dribble all he ever does it knock it forward and chase it. Then he escapes criticism because he is 'Young' and 'English'. When he plays bad at ST its because he is better at LW. When is poor there its because he is better at ST. How many excuses will this kid need. His attitude changed since the start of last season. No he isnt a hardworking humble lad. He started to throw tantrums on the pitch when he lost the ball and that is further justified by his actions today which were selfish and could've cost the whole team. Mbappe lost his head yesterday but he also scored a goal and laid down a marker to referees that he wants to be protected. Rashfords was pure stupidity. And yes I do believe he is 100% overrated. In the u21s he wasnt known as the best finisher and he lacks everything else. For someone so fast his movement is so poor. Greenwood and Chong look like they have a higher ceiling. Glad he is banned for the next three games now when we need pace of the bench we will have to play Martial.
You are glad that one of our players I’m banned for 3 matches - you are truly pathetic.

Hopefully you won’t get promoted to the main forum. The club doesn’t need ‘fans’ like you.

Ban

A
Awful post.

I do think he has talent personally, but at the same time he has been overhyped due to bursting on the scene from nowhere. Wasnt sure he was as good as cracked up to be then, even less so now.
Certainly dont see a natural goalscorer or a really intelligent player. I do get the kick and run comment, he is a bit like a Theo Walcott with a few tricks thrown in I suppose.
Think there are plenty of young players around with more talent and intelligence than him both in Europe, English and both of the former within our own club. I do like Rashford though but I see him as more of an impact player for us, or a good player for a mid table team. DOnt think he will ever reach the heights many predicted whatsoever
Agree.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Red was surprising. Both should have been sent off if going down that path.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
His and richarlison's sending off's in the past two weeks are so pathetic, lightly putting your head against another person's is not violent conduct.
Everyone knows its a red card though. It's like people moaning about getting yellows for taking their kit off. It's always a yellow and yet people still do it.

Violent, no. Idiotic? Absolutely.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's still a young player, mistakes like this will happen. Just happy it didn't cost us in the end and hopefully he learns from it.

Grande

Everyone knows its a red card though. It's like people moaning about getting yellows for taking their kit off. It's always a yellow and yet people still do it.

Violent, no. Idiotic? Absolutely.
Idiotic? Absolutely! Always a red? No, 9 out of ten a ‘leaning against the scull when face to face’ has been awarded a yellow at most, unless one player throw himself screaming to the ground. I think a sharpening of the interpretations must have been happened, but it’s inconsistencies galore, evidenced by Bardsley doing exactly the same five seconds after without seing red.

bdspeedy

Not a headbutt by Rashford. Never a red. Glad he stood up to that ballbag. If anything, Bardsley could have received a red for tripping Marcus at the end of the tackle or for his own headbutt at the end of the fracas. In the end, Moss is either incompetent, cowardly or dishonest. Probably a little from each of those categories.

spiriticon

I'm glad he stood up to that idiot Bardsley but disappointed he couldn't control himself enough to prevent head to head contact.

I don't think it was worthy of a red but when you make any contact then it's always up to the referee's discretion.

sam147

You are glad that one of our players I’m banned for 3 matches - you are truly pathetic.

Hopefully you won’t get promoted to the main forum. The club doesn’t need ‘fans’ like you.
Ok pal. It will give him a reality check to be out the team for 3 games because of his own actions. Fans like you are hypocrites. You'll want players like Fellaini out yourself who has done far more for the club than Rashford has but as soon as someone states facts about one of our overrated players you cant handle it? If anyones pathetic here its you.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
If he was going to get sent off he should have done it properly. Bardsley is an odious twat and was looking for that reaction all along.
Aye.

Footballers are human. They'll snap every now and then.

What you don't want to do is waste the opportunity. If you're gonna get sent off, lamp the player properly, leave him with a good black eye. Or sweep his feet from under him in a raking motion and give his ribs a good shellacking before you're pulled off him. None of this fake headbutt nonsense.

Ok pal. It will give him a reality check to be out the team for 3 games because of his own actions. Fans like you are hypocrites. You'll want players like Fellaini out yourself who has done far more for the club than Rashford has but as soon as someone states facts about one of our overrated players you cant handle it? If anyones pathetic here its you.
Facts - you sound like Rafa! I am afraid your posts are pathetic. He’s a young lad, he will learn from today, players get sent off, they are human - I’ve seen a dozen red cards that are just as stupid if not more so from Utd players, from Hughes to Rooney, Keane to Cantona and everyone in between. he’s a local lad coming up from the youth team, that’s what our club should be about - give him a break. Actively wanting players to be banned is abhorrent, it’s fine to have an opinion, opinion sparks debate, but your posts are childish. Moving on.

Aye.

Footballers are human. They'll snap every now and then.

What you don't want to do is waste the opportunity. If you're gonna get sent off, lamp the player properly, leave him with a good black eye. Or sweep his feet from under him in a raking motion and give his ribs a good shellacking before you're pulled off him. None of this fake headbutt nonsense.
I kind of agree, and remember Keane getting sent off for a pathetic attempt at a punch. However, I think Duncan Ferguson got a prison sentence (it might have been suspended) for a proper head butt when he was at Rangers - so maybe the handbags are best?!

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I kind of agree, and remember Keane getting sent off for a pathetic attempt at a punch. However, I think Duncan Ferguson got a prison sentence (it might have been suspended) for a proper head butt when he was at Rangers - so maybe the handbags are best?!
But how many people fecked around with Duncan Ferguson after he got back?

I'm not causing no trouble with someone who I know has no issues with leaving me with a concussion or snapped rib.

Status
Not open for further replies.