Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FromTheBench

What's funny?

It wasn't a headbutt as such and no force involved. Happens like every matchday that in some game or the other and is not given as red.

To be a red there should be some force to it. Bardsleys kick out was much worse.

King.of.Red

very stupid. luckily we've scored 2 goals. Feck, for 18 minutes I couldn't watch the game comfortably after that red card

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I'd much rather he push him or make a retaliatory challenge later than use the head. Any head contact is a red card now a days.

AKDevil

so stupid from Rashford. Sucked in and then reaction. On top of that, not been getting much of a look in, gets a decent opportunity and then gets sent off for that and a three game ban. Well done mate.

forevrared

Absolutely stupid and easily the worst moment of Rashford’s career this far. Disappointing from him given the coming opposition and chances to play he’ll miss.

Drainy

What's funny?

It wasn't a headbutt as such and no force involved. Happens like every matchday that in some game or the other and is not given as red.

To be a red there should be some force to it. Bardsleys kick out was much worse.
I actually thought you were joking.

The lack of an obvious red card for Bardsley doesn't affect this, these are given as reds all day long.

M Bison

Supports
York City
It was daft and in today’s game is a sending off. He looked fired up for it when he came on at least.

Hawks2008

Brainless decision but kinda rate what he did at the same time, feck Bardsley.

Hercules

Just one thing - it may have been the biggest game of Jose's United career. He brought Rashford on for Sanchez who had a great game. Why do that? Mind boggles.

Ace of Spades

Just one thing - it may have been the biggest game of Jose's United career. He brought Rashford on for Sanchez who had a great game. Why do that? Mind boggles.
We were playing on the counter, Rashford has more pace than him and Burnley were leaving space to be exploited.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
What's funny?

Rashford can react in a million different ways in that situation and chose one of the few that could potentially give him a red card, so it was stupid however you look at it.

el3mel

It wasn't the biggest in his career here.

And there's no problem installing some pacey fresh legs against tired ones. He didn't know the kid will go and do that. TBF, he also got a pen just before that.

Devil may care

From the refereeing standpoint it showed good consistency as Rashford's head nudge was the exact same thing that Richarlison was sent off for last week, but I thought Bardsley should have seen red as well for a deliberate kick out after the ball was dead.

MetoTTT

What a childish, imature and stupid reaction that was! That could've cost us the 3 points. That's been said, the ref had a mare! Bardsley deserved a straight red. What a cn%t!

Apokalips

I know there are people bleating on about Bardsley should have had a red card, but I couldn't care less about him. Two wrongs don't make a right and we all know that referee's send players off for that lean in with the head. Why even give the referee that decision to make?

AndyJ1985

Thankfully we already had the win in the bag so his stupidity didn't cost us.

FromTheBench

I actually thought you were joking.

The lack of an obvious red card for Bardsley doesn't affect this, these are given as reds all day long.
It's not consistently given as a red though. Hell Joe Hart did that to the referee and got away.

And it's hard to justify by the rules as to how it is a red either unless there is force involved or violent.

FromTheBench

Rashford can react in a million different ways in that situation and chose one of the few that could potentially give him a red card, so it was stupid however you look at it.
It's stupid yes. Agree with that.

jesperjaap

Minor his absolutely daft reaction to Bardsley challenge I just dont see a great deal of talent in him.
I labelled him a 'kick and run merchant' way before today and the first thing he does,and fails,is kick and run.
I do think he has talent personally, but at the same time he has been overhyped due to bursting on the scene from nowhere. Wasnt sure he was as good as cracked up to be then, even less so now.
Certainly dont see a natural goalscorer or a really intelligent player. I do get the kick and run comment, he is a bit like a Theo Walcott with a few tricks thrown in I suppose.
Think there are plenty of young players around with more talent and intelligence than him both in Europe, English and both of the former within our own club. I do like Rashford though but I see him as more of an impact player for us, or a good player for a mid table team. DOnt think he will ever reach the heights many predicted whatsoever

Rockets Redglare

Definitely a red, although surely Bardsley deserves one for putting his head in after he’d complained?

Havak

Pokemon master
I think it was a soft red, but a red that is always likely to be given. Hopefully, it's a learning experience for Rashford and doesn't cost us too much. You just don't square up to someone no matter how frustrated you get, and you don't end up in the position to be punished. He looked sharp when he came on and could've aided us to a 4- or 5-0 win if the end of that game hadn't gotten rather scrappy in every regard. Unfortunately, now, he's going to go away with England and regardless of how he does there, he'll be out of the side for three games. If Martial takes his chance in that period, it could be a long way back for Rashford in terms of playing at all for a while. A momentary burst of frustration has potentially caused him weeks of it.

buckooo1978

a free lesson for Rashford considering how comfortable we were

can you imagine had we thrown away that lead!

he will learn from that - Bardsley will be charged surely?

He was booked for his aggressive reaction to Rashford so this suggests the ref didn't see the kick out?

reddevil80

Sadly, red card deserved but can I say that, stupid though it was, well done for having the nuts to stand up and get in the prats face. Someone in the UTD strip showing fire and anger at last.

Eriku

I know there are people bleating on about Bardsley should have had a red card, but I couldn't care less about him. Two wrongs don't make a right and we all know that referee's send players off for that lean in with the head. Why even give the referee that decision to make?
This. Going "he started it!" is at the maturity of 5 year olds, and this is the Rashford thread. Also, for all he knew Bardsley was about to get a red from the ref, but he decides to take charge and gratify his anger with a stupid gesture like that, which he knows full well will get you sent off 99 times out of 100.

Really disappointed in Rashford.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Could have reacted more sensibly but shit happens. I'm more concerned by his role in the team. We seem to have turned him into a poor winger. He needs to play more centrally.

Magnus

Another mad swede
Good Lord. That wannabe fecking idiot kicked him when the ball was out of play two days ago. I wish Rash would have fecking punched his nose in. Phil was a likeable guy being from Salford but Rash should have got a yellow and that fecking reject a fecking red. Moss is a complete idiot. If that uglu fecker ever had someone there sure is one for everyone out there

Eugenius

Reminds me a bit of the Fabio red card under Moyes.

Clearly came on overly wound up and wanting to impress and couldn't control his emotions. One suspects that the snub vs Spurs has affected him mentally there.

fil1542

Supports
Jose Mourinho
Stupid from him to fall for Bardsley´s antics, but I don´t think this should be a red card. There was a little clash between two players with none of them using excessive force or being overly aggressive, so it should be just a yellow card for both of them and move on. Decisions like today just lead to more discussions and provocations in football and people acting like absolute cnuts.

However, if - and that´s a big if - the referee shows Rashford the red card, he also has to send off Bardsley for sure.

I think Rashford will learn from the incident, he is still a young kid and the mistake wasn´t costly today so maybe you shouldn´t be too harsh with him. I also think in the short time he was on, he looked very lively.

Status
Not open for further replies.