Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aloysius's Back 3

I know he didn't play tonight, but he reminds me so much of Welbeck. Anyone else see it or is it just me?

Same positions, similar speed, similar balance, Welbeck a fair bit stronger, Rashford a bit better at finishing, both have low composure, Welbeck much less greedy, Rashford better technique when striking the ball.

Overall I'd say Rashford is a bit better, but they are very similar, he's like a technically better but worse team player version of Welbeck. Sir Alex would have LOVED Rashford. I think he would've become quite the player under him.
You say that because Rashford the winger is similair to Welbeck the winger.

Welbeck played Wing because he didnt have the finishing capability of a striker. Rashford actually does have the finishing capability - people have forgotten how he broke through to the team - he broke through as a predatory striker. He would be in the right place and the right time, take one or two touches before scoring his goals. What made him look like a potentially great talent was the fact that he could dribble as well (due to his upbringing as a winger).

Fast forward 3 years under Jose & Rashford does not get to play a predatory striker; he is either made to play purely as a winger or occasionaly come in to the game to play as a striker who is a target man which is way too deep for him.

His best match for Jose was when he played upfront with lingard behind against Chelsea- again playing the type of football that is suited to him; not the way that drogba or lukaku would play.

el3mel

Their player was a cnut. The kid is brainless though. You don't react like this and cost yourself and the team a red when the match is referred by a shit ref. A tight game and we could have been fecked.

LARulz

It was a red card. No complaints as he should not have reacted like that but of course, it's instinct at being kicked so hard to control emotions - he'll learn.

El Zoido

His reaction was silly but I’m not sure it was worth a red card.

MAME DIOUF 32

Complete idiot. He hasn't been given much of a chance so far this season, and when he finally gets one he throws it away after 11 minutes.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’ve been off and around the first team and this is my one chance to remind my manager and team mates how good I am. What do I do? Come on for 5 minutes and try to show how hard I am like it’s some playground. I’m glad he won’t be playing a United game until October 6th. Needs to sort out his focus again.

Ashley R1+O

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh, not a good time for this to happen. Media will milk this one for all it is worth. I hope it doesn't derail the first half of his season as he just got back into the fold.

NinjaFletch

I have some sympathy with him. Snide kick out at him and although it's a red to the letter of the law I don't think he's done a huge amount wrong.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Don’t have much issue with him. It was hardly a headbutt. And the provocation was sufficient.

Nick7

He looked great when he was on, encouraging. Stupid of him to react but Bardsley was pathetic and deserved a red.

James Peril

And this weeks caf scapegoat award goes to.....
Scapegoat in a game we won comfortably? Good luck with that ambulance chaser.

Rashford behaves like an absolute idiot and got what he deserved. Yeah he got a little kick, didn’t really end his career.

ZlatMan

Bardsley isn't the sharpest tool in the box so what Rashford demonstrated is he is thicker than Bardsley. Impressive

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
You can understand his reaction but a stupid thing to do. He’s young and hopefully he will learn from it.

acnumber9

Hard to argue with the red card for Rashford but I don’t see why Bardsley stayed on the pitch.

Stupid reaction but i wish the referees would do something about the snide little kicks and pushes designed to get a reaction. Bardsley got nothing for the kick.

Sigma

Don’t have much issue with him. It was hardly a headbutt. And the provocation was sufficient.
Richarlison was sent of two weeks ago for something very similar. You would think having seen that, you would have the sense to not do it. Bardsley should have got a red too.

Get In Scholesy

Meh, not even mad. Shows the lad has a pair and wont take shit from anyone, which is something we need at the moment. Bardsley needs to get sorted out. He was acting the whole game.

Mind you, this is easier to stomach given that we won. If we had lost I’d be fuming.

Gotta look at the entire picture sometimes.

Last edited:

binary bot
It's a learning curve that most young footballers go through at some stage. Just like Richarlison last week. There's little benefit to acting a hard cnut at the top level. Thankfully it wasn't 0-0 at the time.

Minor his absolutely daft reaction to Bardsley challenge I just dont see a great deal of talent in him.
I labelled him a 'kick and run merchant' way before today and the first thing he does,and fails,is kick and run.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Overreacted to a kick out really. Opposing players will always try to get under your skin, you can't let them. Clear red, dumb to react. He was looking decent too, and now will miss the carabao cup game which he likely would have started.

Eddy_JukeZ

Hopefully he learns from this.

Obviously, it was a deserved red. But Bardsley should have 100% been sent off as well for such blatant and despicable instigation through his snide kick out.

gza the genius

Very frustrating and stupid of him. I understand that in today's game that's a red, and so does Rashford so it's not an excuse, but I really don't agree with that being the rule now. Just moving your head towards a player a bit shouldn't be a red. Whatever, still very stupid of Rashford and hopefully he learns from it / Jose doesn't punish him too much.

Walters_19_MuFc

Silly to react, but can see why he was frustrated with Bardsley for kicking out. Unfortunately, the ref was shite and he didn't see it, otherwise he should have been off too.

Red Royal

Stupid thing to do..but as long as he learns from it then it's probably a good long term lesson. Pity as looked aharpwd in few minutes he was on.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Daft. Now misses the game against Derby which he probably would have started. Misses games against Watford and Wolves in the league which he would have got a fair few minutes off the bench in too.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Will be interesting to see if he gets the Martial treatment. Doubt it very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.