Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Good news - he needs a rest. Stupid time to start qualifiers.

Janson

Rashford needs a rest obviously.
But who can take his place?
Lukaku is a couple of tiers below him. Why Ole in a normal first choice 11, Lukaku does not get in.
Martial is the only one who can perhaps play as a striker.
Mata and Lindgard can play behind a Front two.
Greenwood is a couple of years from being a regular option as a striker. He will get games next season of course.

We need a quality striker purchase in the summer.
No, Lukaku is definitely not a couple of tiers below Rashford. He has talent but he hasn't achieved much so far compared to Lukaku.

Janson

The problem isn’t his quality, he has a lot of talent, it’s that for whatever reason Ole has decided Rashford is his guy and doesn’t want to drop him.

He might be a star for us in the future but right now he’s not doing it, needs the same treatment as Lukaku when he was off the boil. Sit him down, let him get his head back and earn his way back into the team because right now he’s absolutely shocking.
Exactly, you can't start a young player constantly despite him playing badly. If he continues for a long time without playing well, his confidence can get shattered. Ole is putting too much pressure on him if he keeps expecting him to lead the line for us.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
We can't depend on a number 9 who only scores less than 10 goals a season. There is no way we will ever be a title challenger with him as main striker.
I've been more critical of Rashford since the beginning of last season than most on here. I haven't been impressed with his attitude or selfishness since then, and I had big question marks over him.

But equally, I'm not going to ignore just how well he was performing once Ole took over. In the first 10 starts he had under Ole, he scored 6 and had 3 assists. Not only that, but more importantly his all round performances were extremely good, probably second only to Pogba who was putting up ridiculous numbers. All this came to an end once he picked up that injury against Liverpool and continued to play through it. Now, maybe those 10 games were the outlier and what we're seeing now is him going back to his normal level. But maybe his current performances are directly due to the injury (either him still not being 100% physically, or perhaps being exhausted mentally or physically from playing through it), and once he can completely put it behind him we'll see him get back to how he was performing before it. Due to all the other injuries we've had he hasn't had a chance to rest since he picked it up.

It's important to give him the chance to show which of those are the case, rather than saying it's definitely one or the other.

-Supreme-

It's refreshing seeing new excuses for Rashford for his bad form.

Apparently he has been "injured" or "exhausted" so this has forced him to shoot from long distances and unwilling to pass.

Last time his bad performances were due to being played out of positions

I wonder what his excuses will be next time?

Ban

Apparently he has been "injured" or "exhausted" so this has forced him to shoot from long distances and unwilling to pass.

Embarrassing post but it's a norm in this thread I guess.

Stacks

No, Lukaku is definitely not a couple of tiers below Rashford. He has talent but he hasn't achieved much so far compared to Lukaku.
True. People get carried away with Rashford and love to use Hyberbole when comparing him to other attackers. Other day I heard United fans say they'd choose him over proven scorers like Aubemeyang.
Exactly, you can't start a young player constantly despite him playing badly. If he continues for a long time without playing well, his confidence can get shattered. Ole is putting too much pressure on him if he keeps expecting him to lead the line for us.
Rashford should be considered our Pedro (Barcelona guy) and treated and used as such. Very good player who can sometimes be quality. Has his place in the squad and possibly 1st team most matches but not to rule out upgrading his positions.

Last edited:

BlahRules

Sergio Aguero was not getting 30 goals a season when he was 21. I am sure Rashford if he improves at the current rate he will be scoring 30+ a season.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He needed a rest for at least 3 or 4 games, it was obvious he isn't doing his best by any means. His pressing is gone since the Liverpool game, and he is not comfortable with the ball, it was pretty obvious Ole played him through injury for some reason. I can kind of understand playing him in games before since we really needed him, but he desperately needed a rest for the Wolves game.

Ban

He needed a rest for at least 3 or 4 games, it was obvious he isn't doing his best by any means. His pressing is gone since the Liverpool game, and he is not comfortable with the ball, it was pretty obvious Ole played him through injury for some reason. I can kind of understand playing him in games before since we really needed him, but he desperately needed a rest for the Wolves game.
He'll get a nice rest till our next game now and hopefully he'll be fresh and in form. It was definitely something not right with him since Liverpool game.

sam147

He could become a good striker one day. However, he is not good enough to be a starting player in a team that wants to compete. If we want to compete next season we need a new striker. Not only will having a consistent goal scorer benefit the team but it will benefit Rashford. Lukaku is far too inconsistent. Im glad Rashfords pulled out he needed the rest, however this is no excuse for his arrogance on the pitch. An injury doesn't mean you start taking stupid shots from outside the box. He needs to become a team player.

Oneunited26

He could become a good striker one day. However, he is not good enough to be a starting player in a team that wants to compete. If we want to compete next season we need a new striker. Not only will having a consistent goal scorer benefit the team but it will benefit Rashford. Lukaku is far too inconsistent. Im glad Rashfords pulled out he needed the rest, however this is no excuse for his arrogance on the pitch. An injury doesn't mean you start taking stupid shots from outside the box. He needs to become a team player.
That is a good point, Rashford could become our number 1 striker, but we could upgrade. I do think we should look at positions first I think need upgrading, a world class CB, a DM, a RW, but the pogba speculation we could need even more rebuilding, DDG still hasn’t signed a new contract so we got some complicated issues in the pipeline that could pipe bombs if we don’t sort it out

Swiss_Red89

Here we go again, "we need a new striker if we want to compete". Which CF would you buy who is better than Rashford and Lukaku and is realistically available this summer and will secure that "we will compete" next year?

Ban

With few additions, mainly a RW we'll so just find with Rashford and Lukaku as strikers.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
It's amazing how after his good form the usuals who disappeared reappear to give us the usual schtick of "he's nowhear near as good as he think's he is, he's got an ego...etc" Where were you when he was playing well? He's 21, playing most likely with an injury and you don't support him, you shit on him. Some fans on here...

sam147

Here we go again, "we need a new striker if we want to compete". Which CF would you buy who is better than Rashford and Lukaku and is realistically available this summer and will secure that "we will compete" next year?
Icardi on form is a better finisher then the two put together.

That is a good point, Rashford could become our number 1 striker, but we could upgrade. I do think we should look at positions first I think need upgrading, a world class CB, a DM, a RW, but the pogba speculation we could need even more rebuilding, DDG still hasn’t signed a new contract so we got some complicated issues in the pipeline that could pipe bombs if we don’t sort it out
Yes exactly we have a bigger rebuild then we think. Also Woodward giving out contracts to average players while letting others run their contracts down doesnt help.

Aloysius's Back 3

It's amazing how after his good form the usuals who disappeared reappear to give us the usual schtick of "he's nowhear near as good as he think's he is, he's got an ego...etc" Where were you when he was playing well? He's 21, playing most likely with an injury and you don't support him, you shit on him. Some fans on here...
This is so obvious - the guy is hardly running unless he has the ball at the moment.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Icardi on form is a better finisher then the two put together..
One more guy who probably just watched "Icardi all goals for Inter" and came to the conclusion that he is some superstar.

Swiss_Red89

Icardi on form is a better finisher then the two put together.
Havent seen Icardi enough to judge him properly, but from what i heard from a intern fan of mine, he is very selfish and takes every opportunity to shoot (for what rashford is criticised for)and doesnt contribut to the allroundplay at all. Is this what we need?

Of course it could be that he would be sensational for us and bang them in, but its hardly for sure and he would be a gamble imo.

BlahRules

With few additions, mainly a RW we'll so just find with Rashford and Lukaku as strikers.
When we buy a right winger it should enable Rashford and Martial more freedom to attack.

Currently they are playing in a congested formation and hopefully couple of more attackers that occupies on the right side of the pitch and we will be challenging for the top again.

Robbie Boy

One more guy who probably just watched "Icardi all goals for Inter" and came to the conclusion that he is some superstar.
I think some that so badly want Icardi would be bitterly disappointed by his playing style if we signed him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I think some that so badly want Icardi would be bitterly disappointed by his playing style if we signed him.
Yeah. They will be surprised to see why this player can't dribble past players, can't pass or won't drop deep to help the team.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
In our attack, getting good depth in our wide options is more important. We need to replace mata and Sanchez to ensure we have quality and depth from both sides.
Also, we need to enable our fullbacks to be good attacking options.
Till the points above are resolved, rotating rash and Rom for the no.9 position is just fine.

Swiss_Red89

In our attack, getting good depth in our wide options is more important. We need to replace mata and Sanchez to ensure we have quality and depth from both sides.
Also, we need to enable our fullbacks to be good attacking options.
Till the points above are resolved, rotating rash and Rom for the no.9 position is just fine.
Exactly my opinion too. And i think the club thinks and will act similar.

Janson

True. People get carried away with Rashera and love to use Hyberbole when comparing him to other attackers. Other say I heard United fans say they'd choose him over proven scores like Aubemeyang.

Rashford should be considered our Pedro (Barcelona guy) and treated and used as such. Very good player who can sometimes be quality. Has his place in the squad and possibly 1st team most matches but not to rule out upgrading his positions.
I agree.

Eire Red United

Jaysus it’d be a boring old game altogether if players quit shooting from outside the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.