Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I love how the best ever Premier League striker said this about Lukaku only a couple of years ago and yet Rashford is too selfish for trying to score goals.

MANCHESTER UNITED striker Romelu Lukaku needs to be more selfish, according to Alan Shearer.
Ferguson also said the same about a young Rooney of course. We have some real twonks supporting our club.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Played 1852 min in all competitions for us as a striker, according to transfermarkt. 11 goals in these games. One goal every 168 minutes as a striker.

If he played approx 3000 minutes he would get close to 20 goals at this rate. For a striker not on penalties that is decent. Most strikers improve significantly from 21 to 23-24. Just look at the goal scoring record of for instance Sterling and Ronaldo. Rashford was a bit of a late developer physically too. If he got the right determenation, works hard and avoid injuries we will start seeing his best form around 2020.

Aloysius's Back 3

Will be better than the likes of Aubemeyang and Lacazette without a doubt- arguably near the same level already -10%.

Thats all without a significant creator in the team aswell. Martial and Rashford tend to create chances themselves. Finding the right false 9 is the key to unlocking these guys consistencies.

deadrevelz

I expect Rashford, Martial and Lukaku to improve after a summer being coached by a striker. Most importantly for Marcus is making the right runs, finding space and conditioning himself to poach simple and scruffy goals.

Loublaze

ATLien
Is he still on the reported 20k wages from his 2016 contract? Some reports have him at 75k and set to get double that by summer

haram

Sounds to me like another reason we shouldn't have appointed Ole. Rashford is our Theo Walcott with three times the ego.
Terrible, terrible post. Any manager appointed would hold Rashford as an important player.

BurtSpangle

Terrible, terrible post. Any manager appointed would hold Rashford as an important player.
I'm sure... In three years time when people are still using the 'he's young, he'll improve' maybe you'll realise that he's actually nowhere near Man Utd level. There's a reason he was not hyped coming out of the academy. He can't finish, his pass selection is poor, his close control is poor, his hold up play is poor. The only thing he is good at is hitting the ball with power. His best position is probably on the right where he can play a kick & rush game and smack crosses in like Valencia used to do.

manunited1919

Sorry if it has been posted already...
Just looking at his body language there. He looks as if he knows he’s got it made. I hope he realizes he still needs to improve big-time many facets of his game. He’s at a stage where being English is actually detrimental to his development.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Just looking at his body language there. He looks as if he knows he’s got it made. I hope he realizes he still needs to improve big-time many facets of his game. He’s at a stage where being English is actually detrimental to his development.
:lol:

Great stuff.

Ban

He tried, huffed and puffed. Nicely taken goal but had some bad moves in a final 3rd.

Minimalist

Hard to criticise him for being out of the game for long periods, that wasn't his fault.

Nice goal taken when he was given the chance.

Zoo

Took his goal really well and his performance was fine.

Swiss_Red89

He was awful. He scored though, so there's that.
Awful? you should stop talking about performances of attacking players.
It was a typical Rashford Performance for me. Some really good stuff, often a danger for the opposit defence, always capable of scoring a goal (which he did), but also some bad stuff and bad decision making. But clearly not "awful"

Better than recent games and he got a well taken goal that i'll bet most of us were expecting him to miss.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Good game. He doesn't half run into some blind alleys. Midfield gave him nothing to work with.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Was much better today. Wouldn't have been hard because against Wolves he was simply atrocious. Took his goal well, made good runs, generally looked a threat. Was more of a threat than Deulofeu at the other end.

Hope he continues to keep his head down and work hard on becoming the player he wants to be and not let the hype go to his head. I hear reports of 150k being floated in the press for a new contract which is preferable to the 200k previously reported, which is frankly ridiculous based on recent performances.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I thought he did just fine today, echoing what others have said, it was the midfield where we were let down today.

NoPace

Could have had a 2nd if Shaw had hit that ball correctly on the touchline, good to see him scoring more Aubameyang/Vardy goals, as his pace on the last defender is his best attribute as a goalscorer, especially since like most strikers his age he's bad at heading. Ultimately he can be a bit of everything but for now, Vardy/Aubameyang style forward play is surely his best route to hitting 20 prem goals next year.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

Ridiculous that he is criticised so much. Incredible stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.