6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woziak

I’ve always loved Rashford, even as a raw 16 year old in the youth team, he’s definitely our best striker right now as a 9 or an inverted striker, however he even seems to make a misfiring Martial actually play better in terms of their link up play. He needs to be on all pens and free kicks and let him really become the main man. We might have a player that can easily score and assist 35-40 goals per season with this new responsibility. He’s 25 now will actually reach his peak in 2/3 years and might be A different beast by then.

Woziak

I am not usually as critical of Southgate as some but his handling of Rashford in the WC was by far his worst error as an England manager. It was obvious he should have been England’s starting LW at the outset. Rashford, Kane and Saka is a devastating combination.
And may have won Southgate or at least got to a Final, totally agree with that is now by far Englands best front three because Kaine drops so deep he’s a 10 and he needs pace beyond him which both saka and Rashford offer!

Cloud7

He is in crazy good form right now. So glad that he has proven me wrong

arnie_ni

Has anyone any stats that can show work rate in some shape or form?

That's his biggest change for me

Red Rash

I am not usually as critical of Southgate as some but his handling of Rashford in the WC was by far his worst error as an England manager. It was obvious he should have been England’s starting LW at the outset. Rashford, Kane and Saka is a devastating combination.
And probably one of the best decisions from a United fan point of view. We managed to get Rashford back relatively fresh but still with some playing time meaning he remained match sharp. Also I'm sure this has lit a fire in him as it has left him with something to prove. I think later in the season we will see the full benefit as I expect quite a few players who played a lot in the WC might eventually run out of steam

Crazy how Southgate hasn’t been absolutely annihilated in the press for leaving out his most in form attacker, for his most out of form attacker. Even crazier was the in form one even showed when given chance how much better an option he was.

RedRoach

One of my biggest criticisms of Marcus was his poor decision making but he seems to have corrected that and is looking far more intelligent than ever. So happy for him. No one deserves it more.
This. So happy that he is turning it around and long may it continue. Rashford is the face of this United team.

Fluctuation0161

Suck it up Southgate. Absolutely useless manager!

Great to see Rashford doing well. ETH coaching and guidance is really helping him realise his potential.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He’s close to a g/a per game based on minutes (95 mins per g/a).
If I'm not wrong just one penalty too. Also now that team is playing more like EtH team than at the start of the season, expecting our attacking players numbers to improve bit more than first half of the season.

Stacks

I remember posting in response to someone saying Sancho and Antony going to be our starting wide forwards. this was back in September when I said

"I really doubt it. I feel people on here overrate Sancho and underrate Rashford. its been a theme even before Sancho came and has continued despite mediocre showings. Now they gonna start with Antony. People always assume Rashford is the sacrificial lamb"

Based off last season and the eye test I never thought Sancho would displace Rashford just because of his lack of impact

I'm just glad he isn't humiliating me so far :lol:
It is interesting that he is the only attacking player actually stepping up right now despite that we probably spend over a million a week on their collective wages. I don't think it is sustainable with him as our lead/main source of impact etc. He needs help.

Swiss_Red89

I'm one of his biggest fans, but I don't think this idea of him being the "main man" will help anyone. Neither him nor the Team. It would put unnecesary pressur on him. We need to divide it on different shoulders.

Also, I've a feeling that Bruno is still the first choice penalty taker and he left yesterdays pen for Rashy to continue his OT scoring run.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I really think that injury was bothering him for ages and it was making it uncomfortable for him to play and utilise his talents to their maximum. You saw it with Gray last night too, defenders hate when a player can dribble with pace which is something he and Rashford can both do. It's a nightmare for teams to deal with and it feels like he's now fully fit again and can do it with no issues to his health or fitness.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
"Good isn't good enough"

Got to be excited about that kind of focus from such a talented player. I've long thought he was our most important player so to get him fit and firing consistently will be such a feather in Ten Hag's cap.

OmarUnited4ever

He is back to his usual self, playing with confidence and desire, hopefully ha can maintain it and keeps improving too, and when it all clicks for him, we will have a top class player in our hands.

Orion.

He seems to be taking more touches of the ball within his stride than previously, where he seemed to be kick and rush. Slowing down has allowed him to showcase his mastery of the ball.

Ludens the Red

:lol:

The “dosser” post I quoted was on the 23rd October.
Between then & Christmas he played 4 and scored two for United, and scored 3 goals in the WC, so yeah maybe I should’ve quoted you then.

Between your dosser post and today, he’s played 8, scored 6 and assisted 3 for United.

You didn’t think that post through did you fella?
3 goals in the World Cup is relevant to United how?
I was talking about league games, hence mentioning him being the seventh joint highest scorer in the league prior. Not really bothered about goals scored against pub opposition in the Europa League. Until we reach the business end of that competition it’s his league goals and assists contributions I’ll be judging him on. Of which continue to be inconsistent, such as scoring one in eight prior to the recommencing of league games on Boxing Day.

3 goals in the World Cup is relevant to United how?
I was talking about league games, hence mentioning him being the seventh joint highest scorer in the league prior. Not really bothered about goals scored against pub opposition in the Europa League. Until we reach the business end of that competition it’s his league goals and assists contributions I’ll be judging him on. Of which continue to be inconsistent, such as scoring one in eight prior to the recommencing of league games on Boxing Day.
Ok, since you called him a dosser he’s played 6 league games, scoring 4, assisting one.

Between you calling him a dosser until Boxing Day, he played just 3 league games, and scored the winner vs West Ham with a brilliant header.

Why would anyone call you out over 3 league games? It makes absolutely no sense.

It doesn’t matter how you paint it, at the end of October you were calling him a dosser and referring to the goalless streak he was currently on (at that point 5 games without a goal). Since then he’s absolutely smashed it, in all competitions.

Also, going a few “entire games” without goals happens to almost every player, especially fecking wide forwards. Salah’s already had a 1 in 7 streak this season, Rooney famously had those streaks almost every season, and in his absolute prime 2012, Robin van Persie pushed United to the title yet went 8 leagues game with 1 goal between the end Jan - mid April.

Last edited:

Real Name

Ok, since you called him a dosser he’s played 6 league games, scoring 4, assisting one.

Between you calling him a dosser until Boxing Day, he played just 3 league games, and scored the winner vs West Ham with a brilliant header.

Why would anyone call you out over 3 league games? It makes absolutely no sense.

It doesn’t matter how you paint it, at the end of October you were calling him a dosser and referring to the goalless streak he was currently on (at that point 5 games without a goal). Since then he’s absolutely smashed it, in all competitions.

Also, going a few “entire games” without goals happens to almost every player, especially fecking wide forwards. Salah’s already had a 1 in 7 streak this season, Rooney famously had those streaks almost every season, and in his absolute prime 2012, Robin van Persie pushed United to the title yet went 8 leagues game with 1 goal between the end Jan - mid April.
I love how he moves the goalposts.
Scores in the league, I'll judge him in Europa league.
Scores 1 in 8, I'll judge him when he scores every game.

mu4c_20le

Where are the people who said they'd drive him to the airport when PSG were interested

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I thought he fecked the first one with the touch.

I'm an idiot.

Sorry for not believing in your greatness Marcus.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
We may never find out the extent of the influence….if any at all….but his finishing looks so much better since Benni McCarthy came to the club

Status
Not open for further replies.