5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

He'sRaldo

When it was pointed out a while back, people acted as though it was a crazy suggestion that Ole was running him into the ground. At least now the evidence is too obvious to deny, and the player himself has admitted to playing with physical difficulties.

I honestly worry for the guy's career with Ole in charge.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
More like he's a young, determined professional footballer who wants to play every game for the club he loves even if he's injured. It's up to the coaching staff to hold him back and force him to miss games and recover. Unfortunately as we saw last year, they don't let him do that and last year he got a stress fracture in his spine.
This. I can never blame a player for wanting to play, heck I even do that at my amateur level when I'm half fit. I understand the desire and need to wanna play and be useful for the team. The coaching setup and the medical team are cnuts for letting it all happen.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He idolizes CR7, but it’s like he emulates all of his mannerisms without having the accomplishments first. Of course Ronaldo can walk back on defense and strut around the pitch when he bangs in hat tricks for fun. Rashford acts the same while failing to deliver and it’s tough to see
I see it too a little. Ronaldo earned all those priviledges over time and besides when a simple pass is on, Ronaldo just plays it.

BFernandes

An interview with Obama yesterday.

Stretching himself too thin. Obviously it's noble what he's doing, but his day job is a footballer, not a politician. This will come across as me being massively out of touch, but I'd wish he'd focus on his football more.

Injuries or not - it's showing he's not. An injured shoulder isn't making him pick the wrong decision time after time, or responsible for him missing an absolute sitter. He needs to decide what he wants to do.

Oldyella

Stretching himself too thin. Obviously it's noble what he's doing, but his day job is a footballer, not a politician. This will come across as me being massively out of touch, but I'd wish he'd focus on his football more.

Injuries or not - it's showing he's not. An injured shoulder isn't making him pick the wrong decision time after time, or responsible for him missing an absolute sitter. He needs to decide what he wants to do.
It does.

abkmufc92

If he's carrying all of theses injuries then why the feck is he making himself available to play.

If he cares so much about this club he should be ruling himself out until he is in better shape because him performing like is not benefiting the team.

BFernandes

Surprise surprise.

Why is it so appalling to want a player for our club to be as good as he can possibly be? Qué the "there's more important things than football" responses.

Football is such a short career, he's got the rest of his life to campaign for every cause that he chooses. Stretch yourself too thin, spin too many plates and it's inevitable, at some point, something is going to suffer.

Oldyella

Surprise surprise.

Why is it so appalling to want a player for our club to be as good as he can possibly be? Qué the "there's more important things than football" responses.

Football is such a short career, he's got the rest of his life to campaign for every cause that he chooses. Stretch yourself too thin, spin too many plates and it's inevitable, at some point, something is going to suffer.
Do you think he's skipping training to dream up his next tweet about charity or how to feed kids? Do you think Ole and the club would allow it if he was?

Hell, given how tired he had looked some time away from football may actually do him some good.

The idea that footballers should be laser focused on football for the entirety of their career are baffling. I finish my working day and do something not work related, why shouldn't footballers?

Olecurls99

He's got a lot going for him but he's not a great technical footballer. Meaning he can't pass, dribble and control the ball in really tight spaces. I'm thinking of Messi, Iniesta, Best and to a lesser extent Mahrez, Sterling, Foden and Silva.

Him not being able to do that in these type of games really limits us. Hopefully we sign a Grealish/Sancho, Mason continues to improve and Amad gets going so we can open games up and use Rashford for what he's best at. Exploiting space with his electric speed.

Andersons Dietician

When it was pointed out a while back, people acted as though it was a crazy suggestion that Ole was running him into the ground. At least now the evidence is too obvious to deny, and the player himself has admitted to playing with physical difficulties.

I honestly worry for the guy's career with Ole in charge.
I think what most people take umbrence with is people acting like Rashford doesn’t have a choice and that Ole holds a gun to his head and says no Rashy you will play. I find that incredibly naive. Most likely what happens is the medical staff say look he has an injury but it’s something he could still play with. Ole then asks Rashford are you good to play and Rashford probably says yes.

Maybe someone with common sense would say no, sit this out we‘ll get you scheduled for surgery or even if Rashford was to say listen I feel like I need to get this seen to for my own good. No one would hold it against him.

Undortunatly I doubt his injuries continue to effect the poor decisions he makes on the pitch which is what most people are concerned about. He maybe doesn’t track back as much but he still runs pretty freely when he is chasing down a ball or trying to beat people.

I’m sure we’ve also all been there when we’ve been playing a sport or something when we maybe shouldn’t have but we love the sport and did it anyway. Maybe someone needed to step in and protect Rashford from himself.

stw2022

I think he’s had his best season with us. I see the players we’re linked with, Greenwood looking likely to surpass him and it becomes really difficult to choose to overlook the flaws in his game.

He’s excellent in space for an opportunity that’s been laid on a plate. Outside of that his touch is poor, his decision making atrocious, he has pace but can’t dribble, rarely beats defenders, doesn’t track back and so many other technical flaws in his game that should be well on there way to being ironed out if even he’s “just 23”. I honestly don’t think he's a better player at 23 than he was at 21. And that’s a problem for me

When a new, young exciting player comes on the scene his passion, pace, energy and enthusiasm make an impact. When he becomes a regular fixture in the team you start to look for more and Rashford comes up short for me.

acnumber9

80% of the time? Is that from your shitty stats book as well?
Again, factual evidence that negates the minutes played, the form of the team at that time etc. etc. People like you pick and choose stats and don't actually watch games - instead only relying on numbers.
When we had a good run of form, your lot instantly came up with "We're so much better without Martial". The rest of your post is pure BS as always because it is your lot that idolize individualistic players like Rashford.

I only support players like Martial because they are technically strong and are team players. I defended Martial because he was made the scapegoat this season every game and was racially abused. I defended him because he was the players player of the year just last season.

When Martial will leave, he'll be a c*** in my book. People like you who obsess over individual moments and players are the real fanboys.
From just looking at your posting history.

See, some things are facts, some things aren’t. It’s a fact that Rashford has been scoring and assisting more than all but one player in our team. We’re not talking stats like xg and other such arbitrary things. We’re talking about goals. You claim Rashford is selfish and Martial would pass where Rashford wouldn’t. I showed you facts that show Rashford passes more than Martial. That’s a fact, not your biased opinion.

Mate, look at your posting history. If you aren’t a fanboy then we’ll need to redefine the word. What about when Rashford has been racially abused? Do you care about that? I haven’t seen you jump to Rashford’s defence over that.

Last edited:

croadyman

Hasn't looked right to me since he was piled into by I think Barnes in that game away at Leicester on Boxing Day

Dante

Average bang

The same thing applies to Bruno Fernandes. He has TWO children.

One kid can take up a huge amount of time, energy and effort for any parent... nevermind two!

If Bruno could put his kids up for adoption, he'd be much more focussed on United. Obviously the same thing applies to Rashford tweeting about poverty or talking to Obama. Your reasoning is bulletproof.

bsCallout

One kid can take up a huge amount of time, energy and effort for any parent... nevermind two!

If Bruno could put his kids up for adoption, he'd be much more focussed on United. Obviously the same thing applies to Rashford tweeting about poverty or talking to Obama. Your reasoning is bulletproof.
It's very true. I think it's important that Rashford focuses on his upcoming game rather than talking to Obama too.

Bruno should probably send his kids to boarding school for the next few weeks with the fixtures coming up too.

Apokalips

:lol: It always confuses me how some fans seem to believe that players are going to struggle if they dare do anything outside of football. If anything, these guys have a ton more time on their hands so it is no excuse.

The rest of us have to juggle way more commitments with way less time and way less resources yet are still expected to bring our A game to work at a job that many of us don't even enjoy doing.

bsCallout

:lol: It always confuses me how some fans seem to believe that players are going to struggle if they dare do anything outside of football. If anything, these guys have a ton more time on their hands so it is no excuse.

The rest of us have to juggle way more commitments with way less time and way less resources yet are still expected to bring our A game to work at a job that many of us don't even enjoy doing.
To be fair, I definitely don't bring my A game. The fans would hate me if they saw my effort and distractions in my day job. This forum alone is too much for me.

Apokalips

To be fair, I definitely don't bring my A game. The fans would hate me if they saw my effort and distractions in my day job. This forum alone is too much for me.
True that, I'm supposed to be writing Board papers right now...:wenger:

jem

Awful. Dreadful. Terrible.

He's been off the boil for much of the season and prior. It's madness to continue allowing him to start games and survive 90+ minutes. He truely is invincible!

I feel so sorry for Greenwood when he routinely gets hooked off after outperforming Rashford comfortably.

Should be benched at the very least when Martial returns to the left wing and possibly even demoted if Sancho comes in.

Simply put; one of the worst performances I've seen by a player in a United shirt. He gave a passionate, repetitive speech, in his post-match interview, but they're just empty words. They're what we've all heard before and mean very little. Give 110% next season by voluntarily benching yourself.
That's just stupid - what player would ever bench himself? And if he did, you'd have people on here question his mental fortitude.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think he’s had his best season with us. I see the players we’re linked with, Greenwood looking likely to surpass him and it becomes really difficult to choose to overlook the flaws in his game.

He’s excellent in space for an opportunity that’s been laid on a plate. Outside of that his touch is poor, his decision making atrocious, he has pace but can’t dribble, rarely beats defenders, doesn’t track back and so many other technical flaws in his game that should be well on there way to being ironed out if even he’s “just 23”. I honestly don’t think he's a better player at 23 than he was at 21. And that’s a problem for me

When a new, young exciting player comes on the scene his passion, pace, energy and enthusiasm make an impact. When he becomes a regular fixture in the team you start to look for more and Rashford comes up short for me.
I mean this is just flat out a lie. He's in the 90th percentile of all attacking midfielders in the big leagues in Europe over the past year for dribbles completed, 91st for dribbles attempted, 90th for players dribbled past, 98th for nutmegs, 90th for successful open play passes into the penalty area, 88th in non penalty xG (last season was 93rd)...
Hes had an up and down season for very obvious reasons. But he's a brilliant player when he's fresh, he just unfortunately hasn't been in a while but he's still been ridiculously productive despite inconsistent performances (sometimes great, sometimes bad). Rashford has become one of the best wide forwards around over the past few years, but just needs to be managed properly and not overplayed. He's among the most productive wide players in Europe. He's one of the best dribblers in Europe (more Ronaldo style than Messi style, but all the same), and he's improved every single season.

The guy is a treasure for the club and I have no doubt he'll be a fixture on our left wing for years to come, thankfully. Will be good to have actual depth so he doesn't need to be overplayed of course, as well as getting a creator like Sancho on the other side to compliment, but I have no doubt he has a brilliant future here.

pablo__p

That's just stupid - what player would ever bench himself? And if he did, you'd have people on here question his mental fortitude.

No, the majority of people understand and appreciate that an injured player should not start every game.

lex talionis

We worked Rashford and Bruno too much this season. Yes, they did get their rest in the run up to the cup final but they both looked shattered to me.

jem

No, the majority of people understand and appreciate that an injured player should not start every game.
If the poster meant withdrawing due to injury, then fair enough. But no player is going to bench himself because he isn't playing well. That's the manager's job.

pablo__p

If the poster meant withdrawing due to injury, then fair enough. But no player is going to bench himself because he isn't playing well. That's the manager's job.
I mean if a player is injured then he should communicate with the manager and he should feel that his direct and honest feedback is going to be appreciated, even if it means that he might miss a game or not be in the starting XI.

Anyway, it's on Ole eventually; he's made all those decisions and selected Rashford so many times.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think he just needs proper positional training, he doesn't really seem to know what he's doing anymore?

The only way he seems to beat defenders is with nutmegs, and I can't remember the last time he went down the outside and put in a cross. Instead he just cuts inside and either passes it backwards or runs into traffic.

I genuinely think he needs to go back to the basics. The only time he ever looks properly class is when he runs onto a long ball over the top, but that can only happen so many times a match.

van Nistelrooy

I never said he should bench himself. I said "should be benched", implying that Ole should drop him.

Now who looks stupid?

The Substitute

Right, with the assumption that you are striving to be the best of what you do in the work field you operate, you surely describe a fight for a division 3+ with that attitude.
Nothing wrong about it, but if you want to play for the elite, then hell yes, you have to sacrifice beyond the 8-5
Schedule and with a significantly different mindset.
A top football club can't look beyond skills and determination just because you have a terrific morale or or good values. If so, then you should feel let down by not being picked yourself

Do you think he's skipping training to dream up his next tweet about charity or how to feed kids? Do you think Ole and the club would allow it if he was?

Hell, given how tired he had looked some time away from football may actually do him some good.

The idea that footballers should be laser focused on football for the entirety of their career are baffling. I finish my working day and do something not work related, why shouldn't footballers?

Drainy

Thanks Obama.

Got to say, does anyone actually think that a retired footballer who gave up the momentum from the successful campaigns would get one second of any senior politician's time? You've got to be kidding!

No way current prime ministers or ex presidents talk to him in 15 years once his career is over and the spotlight is gone. Its now or never to make his mark.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

No he should be a proper dedicated player like Giggs and shag his brothers wife after training for a decade.

stw2022

The constant fights with people who both argue anyone who thinks he’s been poor is clueless but also who use his injury to justify how he’s played (which is apparently brilliant) is exhausting

Too many judge him based on the player they want to believe he is rather than what they see because they think it makes them a better Manchester United fan to do so.

I would fundamentally disagree with anyone who watched him play and sees an elite player and I don’t think anyone really believes he is outside of fear that criticism of a young player will be frowned upon.

Greenwood is already a better player and he’s a couple of years away from when we’d expect him to kick on. The belief that is the Manchester United way to pretend not to see obvious flaws in a player is absurd

If you think his touch his brilliant, dribbling exceptional, decision making top drawer and his workrate second to none then all power to you but I’ve no idea what player you’re watching as it’s not the same one I see

Last edited:

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s always had to prove himself time and time again on here. I remember last summer when Martial, Greenwood and Sancho were going to be our front three because they’re all better than Rashford, yet Sancho never came and Martial has had a horrible season since.
Rashford has been playing with an injury, it’s obvious watching him that he has. We’ve been overly reliant on him under Ole, and he’s been overplayed. He’s a very good player, that has had a poor end to the season for various reasons.

stw2022

I don’t get how everyone who spotted the flaws to his game are clueless whilst at the same time injuries explain the flaws to his game that apparently never existed.

snk123

Players who play with injuries don't try to beat 5 players before passing the ball. Yes, his defensive contributions were limited because of his injury but his atrocious decision making has always been a problem.

Foxbatt

Players who play with injuries don't try to beat 5 players before passing the ball. Yes, his defensive contributions were limited because of his injury but his atrocious decision making has always been a problem.
This is my problem with him. Not because of his injuries.It is also on Ole for letting him do it time and again in every match.

stw2022

Greenwood already shows him up in terms of use of the ball. Convinced if we are ambitious in the market the difference between Rashford and new signings will be so great people will have to insist he’s regressed massively over the summer to explain the gulf in quality.

I hate bashing the player but I’m sorry it’s painfully obvious he’s not on the path to become an elite player. Squad rotation option.

Fahad Jawaid

He has scored 20 odd goals this season but throughout the season, I felt his performances have been poor and mostly his performances have been masked by goals. I think he must be given credit, that he has improved his finishing this season and normally scores, whenever a chance presents itself.

However, there are soo many other aspects to his game which are still so raw, as if he was still 17 years old (not 23). His touch and passing is still so inconsistent, whereas you see all the other players in England squad which are his competition (Mount, Maddison, Grealish, Sancho, Kane, Foden and Greenwood etc) all have one thing in common they are pretty consistent with their touches, passing and rarely loses possession as cheaply as he does.

Furthermore his selfishness infuriates me so much, despite playing on the wing he plays like a striker with taking pot shots from stupid angles and lack of game awareness and choosing wrong options each time and taking 2 to 3 players on when a simple pass is open, just shows he has not developed as we had hoped.

Plus he never tracks back, he is always just jogging and never presses to win the ball back. Lastly even if he is injured that does not explain him unable to pass the ball properly or being selfish or lacking game awareness. I understand due to injury, his ability to take people on may have been compromised, but all other aspects must be there.

Ole should also be blamed for picking him, if he is injured and then not subbing him and treating him like he is Ronaldo. In fact if I were Southgate I would pick Grealish Kane and Sancho as a front three and then use Foden behind them.

Lets hope we sign Sancho and he gets his surgery, because always picking him and not subbing him despite being shite has already fecked us up and this can't continue next season.

stw2022

Exactly the flaws in his game really shouldn’t be flaws 23 year olds with his level of experience of top level football should have and that’s the uncomfortable truth

tjb

The constant fights with people who both argue anyone who thinks he’s been poor is clueless but also who use his injury to justify how he’s played (which is apparently brilliant) is exhausting

Too many judge him based on the player they want to believe he is rather than what they see because they think it makes them a better Manchester United fan to do so.

I would fundamentally disagree with anyone who watched him play and sees an elite player and I don’t think anyone really believes he is outside of fear that criticism of a young player will be frowned upon.

Greenwood is already a better player and he’s a couple of years away from when we’d expect him to kick on. The belief that is the Manchester United way to pretend not to see obvious flaws in a player is absurd

If you think his touch his brilliant, dribbling exceptional, decision making top drawer and his workrate second to none then all power to you but I’ve no idea what player you’re watching as it’s not the same one I see
The thing is, I've seen Rashford be fantastic and even have good touch in tight spaces. However, that is him at his absolute best and not something I think we can really expect to come more consistently because technically he's not at that level. What I loved about Rashford prior to this season was his constant hunger to make something happen, regardless of how bad his decision making was. Add that to his improved shooting and passing and I thought/still think we have a very good player on our hands. However, I don't think he's a future superstar like the media are trying to act like he will be. He's not going to be Henry, Kane, Rooney, Shearer, Drogba or Van Nistelrooy. He's not the star man of a top team and in his current form, does need to prove that he can be a star left forward for us. I don't think we should be depending on him at this moment, because I don't think he's at the Beckham or Giggs level in his career. I see him as more of a Yorke or Cole, where they are great players, but still require rotation and competition due to potential dips on form. I think he and Sterling are at the same level. This is not a slight either, Chelsea had Robben, Cole and Duff.

Rashford should be concerned though. If Greenwood ends up becoming more of a forward than striker, he's good enough to be that superstar. Sancho/Grealish potentially coming in also presents a threat, because I also think they are superstars in the making. His hope should be that Greenwood is able to displace Cavani next season, so that his main concern would be to keep Amad outside of the first xi as long as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.