5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renegade

His place should be in danger from a Sancho arrival rather than Greenwood.
wont happen though and we’ll persist, overplay and make excuses all season.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I firmly believe its more mental than physical. Fame got to his head and he's also become way too complacent as his place in the team is too secure and never questioned.
Christ, he's not getting into fights, he hasn't broken lockdown rules, he's not having sex scandals unlike some of our other players, and he's been a role model outside of the pitch yet this is the conclusion you draw.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Christ, he's not getting into fights, he hasn't broken lockdown rules, he's not having sex scandals unlike some of our other players, and he's been a role model outside of the pitch yet this is the conclusion you draw.
Its crazy isnt it?

The guy is literally doing politically good & charity work in his spare time.

siw2007

Thought he played well in the 1st half but like the rest of them he became a bit jaded in the 2nd half which is understandable. Still not sure if he is physically and mentally right after the injury, in an ideal world we could ease him back into the team instead of overplaying him. He showed what a superb player he is last year but maybe we aren’t going to get that straight away and need to build him back to that level.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Rashford was our best player all season until his back injury. What do you mean we'll persist? He's a quality player and will have his place like he deserves. When Greenwood came in, Rashford was asked to play a more reserved/deeper/creative role since Greenwood can't and you don't want both sides bring forwards. If sancho comes in, he'll start on the right and bring the best out of Rashford being asked to play his natural game on the left. Benefit is of course Sancho can naturally do that on both sides and will compliment whoever goes alongside him, but Rashford will be first choice and rightly so. Greenwood is a good 18 year old but he isn't on par with the other 3 names we would have in our attack yet.

Renegade

Rashford was our best player all season until his back injury. What do you mean we'll persist? He's a quality player and will have his place like he deserves. When Greenwood came in, Rashford was asked to play a more reserved/deeper/creative role since Greenwood can't and you don't want both sides bring forwards. If sancho comes in, he'll start on the right and bring the best out of Rashford being asked to play his natural game on the left. Benefit is of course Sancho can naturally do that on both sides and will compliment whoever goes alongside him, but Rashford will be first choice and rightly so. Greenwood is a good 18 year old but he isn't on par with the other 3 names we would have in our attack yet.
So he should always start regardless of form? Are you suggesting he is in fact playing well and reason for his output being less since the restart is because ofa Greenwood? I’d disagree. He is playing deeper that’s for sure but he isn’t playing well and if we had a strong rotational player he should have to work to get back in form and into the team. His fortunate that off form Rashford is still a better portion than Dan James.

manunited1919

Ole loves Rashy and I doubt he loses his spot instead of Greenwood. Rashford deserves some patience and support though, we all know he can be frustrating at times but he needs to get back his mojo to return to world class form.

yamo123x

Rashford awful again , like a broken record.
Grealish looked good hope we move for him carries the ball well, soemthing we.lack when it comes to breaking down defensive teams

Renegade

Ole loves Rashy and I doubt he loses his spot instead of Greenwood. Rashford deserves some patience and support though, we all know he can be frustrating at times but he needs to get back his mojo to return to world class form.
His got my support believe me. I feel his over played though because our alternatives are awful. I just think we assume Greenwood makes way straight away but I feel Rashford should be the one to sit out till he regains form coming off the bench.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Are you all talking about the same Marcus Rashford that finished last season with 22 goals, his career best?

Get a hold of yourselves. That was just a friendly game.
Have you watched any football since Rashford came back from injury? He has been atrocious. What’s worse is he has completely regressed in technique too. No curve, cut, float or finesse in striking a ball. Knuckleballs everything and anything with 0 intelligence to it.
He’s objectively a worse player.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So he should always start regardless of form? Are you suggesting he is in fact playing well and reason for his output being less since the restart is because ofa Greenwood? I’d disagree. He is playing deeper that’s for sure but he isn’t playing well and if we had a strong rotational player he should have to work to get back in form and into the team. His fortunate that off form Rashford is still a better portion than Dan James.
He came off a massive back injury and we had a 1 month run of games, but now it's a new season. No he shouldn't start regardless of form, very few players should. But coming up fresh for big games or start of seasons or whatever, he's in the starting 11 100%, and that's based on merit after what was overall an excellent season for him.

Silas

When did this "new playmaker role" theory become a fact?

Himannv

I don't get what's happening to him on the pitch. He was really poor vs Villa. I don't feel it's a fitness issue as he wasn't off the pace in the first half, he just seemed as though he doesn't quite know his role. He needs to focus on doing what he does best; running into spaces and getting on the end of passes + running at players with the ball. It could be fear of getting another injury, can't think what else. Maybe it's the tactics and he's just more comfortable in a counter attacking setup.

Eddy_JukeZ

Have you watched any football since Rashford came back from injury? He has been atrocious. What’s worse is he has completely regressed in technique too. No curve, cut, float or finesse in striking a ball. Knuckleballs everything and anything with 0 intelligence to it.
Atrocious is OTT.

Rashford was the one who pretty much won the game for us at Palace when it was getting nervy for top 4.

He played the most passes into the final 3rd post-restart after KDB.

His demise has been greatly exaggerated on here.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’m a big Rashford fan and expect a lot from him this season, but he isn’t playing well at the moment. And it ticks me off that any player not playing well must ‘not be fully fit’ or something. Poor form isn’t always injury related! He’s playing poorly, and needs to do better, as he certainly will.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Good lord

Zen86

From one of the best young players in the world to past it in the space of 6 months, that’s the Caf alright.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I’m a big Rashford fan and expect a lot from him this season, but he isn’t playing well at the moment. And it ticks me off that any player not playing well must ‘not be fully fit’ or something. Poor form isn’t always injury related! He’s playing poorly, and needs to do better, as he certainly will.
He will play better indeed. We forget easily how young and we expect too much consistency from him already. The signs he showed the past season were very very encouraging. There is a monster of a player in him, it just needs to click.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He will play better indeed. We forget easily how young and we expect too much consistency from him already. The signs he showed the past season were very very encouraging. There is a monster of a player in him, it just needs to click.
His own determination to be the best is what has always reassured me about him. The things that irritate people at the moment is us watching in real time how he is trying to develop his game and add things to his locker in real time. I’m confident it will soon click.

Since he’s come back from injury.

It wasn’t a nice injury he had. He will need some time to get back to his best. Technique doesn’t suddenly “regress”. He needs competitive games, and to be allowed the time and space to get back to his best.

It’s amazing how quickly “fans” turn on players.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

It wasn’t a nice injury he had. He will need some time to get back to his best. Technique doesn’t suddenly “regress”. He needs competitive games, and to be allowed the time and space to get back to his best.

We have the worst fans in world football. End of story. Look at our official social media pages and read the comments. Absolutely shocking what they come out with. And don't get me started on the 'African Football experts' as they are often referred to. Jesus wept. We posted a tribute to the late Ray Wilkins today and they all jump on it with transfer BS. There's some truly awful human beings who follow us sadly.

DRM

We have the worst fans in world football. End of story. Look at our official social media pages and read the comments. Absolutely shocking what they come out with. And don't get me started on the 'African Football experts' as they are often referred to. Jesus wept. We posted a tribute to the late Ray Wilkins today and they all jump on it with transfer BS. There's some truly awful human beings who follow us sadly.
Just you wait for this season when our fans will get on Bruno's back and ask for him to be benched!

Just you wait for this season when our fans will get on Bruno's back and ask for him to be benched!
We’ve already seen them turning against Greenwood. A couple of bad games from DVDB and the fanbase will be outraged we’ve spend £34m on a reserve.

Pretty horrific ‘fans’.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
What's that about?

Agreed. I don’t go near out social media, but it doesn’t surprise me in the least.

TrustInOle

Dont know why the meltdown is already happening after just one friendly, but to me, he looked to have gotten a bit of his sharpness and directness back against Villa. Hoping he is fully fit next week.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
What's that about?
Not my term I must stress. But we get a lot of football fans from Africa who constantly talk crap and abuse our own players on social media. They are referred to as African football experts from what i can gather. Experts being ironic.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Not my term I must stress. But we get a lot of football fans from Africa who constantly talk crap and abuse our own players on social media. They are referred to as African football experts from what i can gather. Experts being ironic.
Oh, I understand :lol:

I've seen the United Facebook page/thread on here for a laugh at times and I think some of those comedy gold posts are what you're referring to? Never heard of the term in fairness (I am from South Africa), but think I understand what it means.

WR10

Atrocious is OTT.

Rashford was the one who pretty much won the game for us at Palace when it was getting nervy for top 4.

He played the most passes into the final 3rd post-restart after KDB.

His demise has been greatly exaggerated on here.
Why on earth does he strike every ball with a knuckleball?

Frank White

Why on earth does he strike every ball with a knuckleball?
Reading through your past post history regarding Rashford you seem incredibly hung up over his knuckleball technique, why? Did you never master it or something :rolleyes:

As for why he does it, it's more than likely the technique he's most comfortable with so therefore the one he goes to when shooting.

manunited1919

His got my support believe me. I feel his over played though because our alternatives are awful. I just think we assume Greenwood makes way straight away but I feel Rashford should be the one to sit out till he regains form coming off the bench.
I sort of agree with you purely on a performance perspective, but players also need to play with confidence to get to their best form. I just think Rashford’s confidence would be seriously dented if he is benched, whereas Greenwood knows due to his age that he is not yet a full starter, so wouldn’t be unsettled that much. At some point, if Rashford’s form doesn’t improve, he would need benching, but he does deserve the managers support at least for a handful of games.

WR10

Reading through your past post history regarding Rashford you seem incredibly hung up over his knuckleball technique, why? Did you never master it or something :rolleyes:

As for why he does it, it's more than likely the technique he's most comfortable with so therefore the one he goes to when shooting.
Why does he use it for a pass, cross, corner, cross field pass if it continuously fails? It baffles me how limited of a footballer he is when it comes to technique. I’m trying to make sense to why he’s completely regressed as a footballer.

CG1010

This. Plus he wasn't bad if you look at the entire period since coming back from injury. Just faded in the last few games for us. But there is no patience around here, everyone is just too quick to give up on our players.

Frank White

Why does he use it for a pass, cross, corner, cross field pass if it continuously fails? It baffles me how limited of a footballer he is when it comes to technique. I’m trying to make sense to why he’s completely regressed as a footballer.
Completely regressed yet had his best scoring season ever? Literally no idea what you're talking about. Seriously hope he goes back even further this year and gets 20+ prem goals.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I don't think he's so much regressed as he's just returning to his normal level. I believe he went through a purple patch which got inflated by the amount of penalties he took to make it seem like he was one of the best players in the league, but I just don't think he's there yet. He's definitely been poorly managed when it came to his injury and he hasn't been quite the same since then, but he's still one of the best players at the club and he's still so young and has plenty of time to progress. I think he's better off not taking as many responsibilities now that Bruno is here, and he can develop without being under the constant pressure of having to be the man.

FattyFooty

In this thread Rashford has been called: atrocious and world class.

Can't we go for something in between?

WR10

Completely regressed yet had his best scoring season ever? Literally no idea what you're talking about. Seriously hope he goes back even further this year and gets 20+ prem goals.
If he gets 20 prem goals with Bruno, Pogba, Greenwood and martial all fit and playing that would be a great achievement and likely a sign he has stopped regressing. Otherwise 3 goals in 20 appearances since injury return is objectively as ‘regressed’ as it gets for such a world class talent

Stretender

He will score 20 plus goals this season, but he needs competition for his place

acnumber9

If he gets 20 prem goals with Bruno, Pogba, Greenwood and martial all fit and playing that would be a great achievement and likely a sign he has stopped regressing. Otherwise 3 goals in 20 appearances since injury return is objectively as ‘regressed’ as it gets for such a world class talent
Nothing like an outright lie to bolster your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.