Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deery

Dreary
Thought he was good on the wing, I’d play him there more often actually gives us a right winger. Against weaker opposition he would be terrific, hopefully his injury isn’t too bad could be doing with a rest.

RkkMan

Why are people so so so hell bent on him being dropped or absolutely convinced he`s not a top player/will never be a top player? Despite his flaws he at least contributes to something even in poor form unlike Martial who`s practically invisible when his head drops, not to mention he`s still just 23 with room for growth. Rashford is the least of our problems

spiriticon

I think he's doing very well on the right as well.

Martial-Cavani-Rashford is quite balanced.

HowYouDoin

Why are people so so so hell bent on him being dropped or absolutely convinced he`s not a top player/will never be a top player? Despite his flaws he at least contributes to something even in poor form unlike Martial who`s practically invisible when his head drops, not to mention he`s still just 23 with room for growth. Rashford is the least of our problems
Good post. Dont get it either. Its either Martial apologists lumping them together or people just being unrealistic.
With that being said, he was at his best last year around this time before the lockdown and before the back injury, he really was starting to look like something special.
He never quite regained that form.

He should look at Son at Tottenham and set a challenge for himself to get to that level. He isnt too far off but isnt quite there either, especially in regards to his consistancy.

However all in all, Rashford is our 2nd best attacking player after Bruno and he's been pretty good for us overall. Wouldnt say least of our problems, thats Bruno but pretty close. Our 2nd best player.

MattofManchester

Is it really still his back that is worrying him?
Yes, he's still very productive at the moment, but on the pitch he is so inconsistent.

To put it to perspective, he looks nothing like the player we had pre-injury. Agree with the posts above who said he looked something really special at the time and was really holding us together when everyone was injured.

What's happened to him in that regard?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's not fully fit, whether its his back or his shoulder, but to me he doesn't look right.
For sure. I'm liking Rashford on the right tbh and think its a hugely encouraging path forward, but he doesn't look 100% on the pitch. Doesn't attack players as much, isn't as direct, doesn't go into the same sort of full sprints, doesn't take as many shots on etc. Clearly doesn't look as confident as he did a year ago, and I think a big part is injury/coming back from injury still. Just needs time to get sharp but also not every game which will do the opposite and tire him out/injure him more.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Not ideal for a manager to say "fingers crossed the injury doesn't get worse" with him playing every game instead of getting a little rest.

Silverman

Id rest him for however long it takes to heal his back/shoulder fully.
We have enough firepower to tide us over imo.

MattofManchester

For the long term, even if it does cost us a match, a fully fit Rashford is better than a half fit Rashford. Rest him.

Heaven forbid we keep playing him till he suffers something worse.

Again.

Idxomer

Not ideal for a manager to say "fingers crossed the injury doesn't get worse" with him playing every game instead of getting a little rest.
This is worrying and could cause an early burnout in his career.

RashyForPM

This is not good. Take him out of the firing line for the next two games and cope, and see how his shoulder is against City. The same thing, but with his back, happened last season, and I do not want to see this keep happening to my favourite player (or any player) and a talented young man.

This is why I dislike that Ole always fields the same, or at least similar teams.

archiebald

Likely to see Rashford play tonight. Even if he doesn't start I'd put money on him coming on as a sub if we're trailing, as Ole doesn't have much of a plan B for getting goals.

Devil81

If his shoulder and back are bolloxed then they need to take him out of the firing line.

Let's not forget the last time they played him through a back injury, he ended up out of action for about 6 months. If it wasn't for the Covid outbreak he'd have missed the full second half of the season.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
One important thing that Rashford has is that he rarely shots wide. I think I saw a metric showing he has the highest % of shots on target, which could be very useful if he plays on the right. Just fire it at the keeper and see what happens. It seems to be his strategy anyway.

3KDré

Productive pretty much every game now. Even when he's not productive he's dangerous.

el3mel

Maybe he's missing a lot, but he's so fecking crucial to our playstyle and without him we can't play, period.

acnumber9

Changed the game with Bruno. The difference between him and Martial was staggering.

Bobski

Leader, going to end up in my top 5 favourite Utd players of all time, he gets it.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Rashford is a jewell. Yes he can be and he will be frustrating at times but that's worth what he can bring on the other hand. He is worth being patient for

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He was the best player on the field. Anyone with a different opinion is wrong. :D

kiristao

Have missed this Rashford the last few games. Showed pace, skill and good finishing today. We really need him to play well

HowYouDoin

Love Rashford. He is clearly a difference maker. Like I always say stop lumping him in with Martial, Rashford is far better now.
What a great player.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
MOTM

Was the right decision not to start him but we're so lost without him, especially when it's Martial who's replacing him

Swiss_Red89

He looked a lot more explosive today than in previous games. Was exciting to see. I didnt expect that after his injury doubts. I hate that i put him on my fantasy team bench this weekend:lol:

predator

Youth NITK
If that shot of his that hit the post went in then I would say that was possibly the most perfect substitute performance. He changed the game. I love how confident he is with the ball as well. He beats a man using skills and he must be a nightmare to defend against when he is like that.

RORY65

Since his return from injury he's not had the same consistency as before but he's had some games, like today, where he's been really excellent which indicates that it's only a matter of time before the consistency comes back. He made such a big difference today.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Transformed the game, of course the credit will go to Bruno on here but Rashford made the bigger difference by miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.