Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
What a performance!! He was amazing and his skills were brilliant, thought he looked like an elite player out there today.

Walters_19_MuFc

A shame he and Martial didn't get on the scoresheet today because like Martial, I thought Rashford's overall play was phenomenal again today. Tore Leeds' back line to shreds. They were petrified of him.

hubbuh

Has those games where he looks completely unplayable. Looks drunk every other game. Today was the later.
Absolutely mental. He was constantly looking to take players on and was mostly successful in dragging them about like rag-dolls. Great game from Marcus.

Devil may care

Teams are frightened of him but needs to get his head up more often, has a bit too much of the Neymar wannabe in him at times,. When he plays off the right he's been more efficient this season imo.

The United

His decision making should improve. He is too predictable at times like how Ronaldo was/is.

But, he is no Ronaldo. so.

Having said that, he is such an asset to United counter attacking play.

Yagami

Good post resistant
A shame he and Martial didn't get on the scoresheet today because like Martial, I thought Rashford's overall play was phenomenal again today. Tore Leeds' back line to shreds. They were petrified of him.
My thoughts, too. They both played well, and we won so it's not a problem, but you always want to see your forwards on the scoresheet. Especially when you create as many as we did!

Some of the comments in here are absurd, are some people completely unable to look past the scoresheet when evaluating performance for attacking players?

criticalanalysis

Bit of a stretch, imo. Kept beating players, but didn't really do anything, not close to having a end product to show for it and is barely involved in any of the chances we created, yet he apparently "ran the game in the attacking third". Every single time he got close to the box his first instinct was to line up the angle for a shot, holds the ball holds the ball holds the ball, either gets off a shot or he rolls it to a teammate when the opening is gone. Not sure how many times he ignored the runs made in behind because he wanted to shoot.
I thought he had a great individual game and despite not really being involved in the goals, the former bit is more than enough for the rest of the team to shine.

Both he and James (to a much lesser extent) provided the deep width and front foot pressure on their defence, which allowed McTominay, Bruno and Fred to keep pushing the peddle to the metal to open up the central spaces.

Imagine if it was Mata on the wings. Potentially better end product and more precise passing but at the same time, you can be sure the average positions of where he would have received and played the ball, would be 10-20 yards behind where Rashford operated today. And that's the point. Rashford's individual ability to dribble, carry and push a team back is a part of the team's overall performance.

Look, there are plenty of other games where it's become a detriment but today definitely wasn't it.

Chief123

In the last 2 games, I feel like he’s getting back to his best form. Ever since lockdown and his major back injury he’s looked a shadow of himself.

But last 2 games there has been a noticeable difference in his sharpness and in particular his dribbling at pace. Great to see.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Something like today is what you want from Rashford in consistent basis when he doesn’t score goal & assist. This is what Mane does every time he doesn’t score goals and assists, still threatening and performing, something what Rashford didn’t do enough. Very good performance today.

Kammy26

He has improved his dribbling over the past few months. I’ve noticed that he’s going past players a lot smoother and more frequently than he used to. At one point he only went past someone by kicking and running.. these days the ball is glued to his foot when he’s going past players. Impressive improvement. Great game today.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He has improved his dribbling over the past few months. I’ve noticed that he’s going past players a lot smoother and more frequently than he used to. At one point he only went past someone by kicking and running.. these days the ball is glued to his foot when he’s going past players. Impressive improvement. Great game today.
Good point, there is more variety to his dribbling, he goes inside, outside, he uses feints, step overs, nutmegs. He's becoming impossible to deal with

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He has two very distinct styles of dribbling. At slow speed he is full of tricks and skills, and you can see why our some of our players and England players say he is the most skilful player on the team. He really is capable of pulling off moments of brilliance. However once he starts speeding up he seems to lose most of that control of the ball and he really does become a bit of a kick and run merchant.

Obviously all players are like that to some extent as it's easier to manoeuvre the ball at slow speeds, but Rashford has a significantly higher gap between the two than most dribblers. If he were just able to maintain a bit more control of the ball at medium speed he'd become a truly frightening prospect, but that's probably unlikely at this stage so the more realistic hope is that he learns when to utilise which style a bit better than he often does.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah he seems to be taking more softer touches to manipulate the ball similar to martial which gives him more time to change direction.

I loved that he was adding in some step overs too, a few body feints, just looking really confident at the moment.

if he can bring back the “ronaldo chop” like he scored against liverpool he’ll be really hard to stop.

just need to get Greenwood back into form now.

Lewnited

Really enjoyed the performance from him yesterday, was exactly what I want to see from him in games where he doesn't score! Carried the ball well, smart dribbling to create space and held the ball up well with his back to goal.

Was loving the amount of stepovers he was throwing out as well, genuinely reminded me of Ronaldo :lol: If he can aim to make this his 'base level' then he'll truly go on to be one of the worlds top forwards in a few years.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Weird some of the negative comments in here. I would go as to say that was one of his most complete performances in a Utd shirt. He looked like a genuine world class player who could beat a player every time he got the ball. Passing, dribbling was bang on the money. He didn't really get the chances individually yesterday but he was amazing none the less.

Salil

I am nitpicking but some of his decision-making could have been a little better. But overall, I very very good performance. Last year he was a little more consistent than the year before, and I am hoping he takes it a notch higher this year.. So exciting to see him develop.

Andersons Dietician

Do have to wonder if he has something against LB’s. A game recently he basically outright seemed to refuse to put Telles through in to better positions. Did the same to Shaw yesterday and has done through out his career. He only ever seems to pass back to them when he has no option. Never puts them in to space.

yesterday I think around the 38th minute Shaw has busted a gut and is flying through and Rashford ignores it when it was quite clearly the best option. Think he does what Rashford normally does and tries to go inside and smash one in.

He really needs to become a better team player to really go up a few gears in terms of his performances. He honestly just infuriates the life out of me sometimes with his decisions. Doesn’t help him that Martial showed yesterday why its a team game and not the Rashford show.

Tiber

Rashford is a world class finisher.

Radford is a dreadful finisher.

Depends what side of the bed he wakes up on.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
As cameo's go that was really bad :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hopefully he's a lot better at the weekend

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
That shot near the end was shocking. He seems to have lost all his instinct. Can’t imagine being in that position and shooting straight at the keeper.

Godfather

He's wasted on the right with no proper fullback behind him. The moment he played more centrally we were much better. Should have scored though

acnumber9

Bad miss, good assist, some awful passing. Looked like he hadn’t even warmed up before he came on.

DoomSlayer

Bad miss, good assist, some awful passing. Looked like he hadn’t even warmed up before he came on.
I thought the same, both him and Martial just couldn't find a rhythm in the game until the very last minutes, when we could have scored 2 more goals.

-Supreme-

He came on at 80th min, lost the ball and didn't even attempt to track back but his team mate at 33 who's started the game and just came back from injury running back to help his team out.

Andersons Dietician

Happy he passed, that had Rashford doing his usual stepping inside and hammering a shot at a defender to be blocked written all over it. Was a perfectly waited pass and honestly I felt like we kind of missed his explosive pace and threat travelling with the ball. Which just wasn’t there with Donny.

GlasgowCeltic

Wish he trusted his left foot more, he really makes it obvious he’s going to come inside and smash it at times l

KennyBurner

Beautiful weight of pass yesterday. He is maturing finally with his decision making. That’s how you stay consistent as a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.