5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RuudtheRed

Bullshit. Utter stupidity in the form of written words.
:lol: agreed. Rashford isn't the most clinical striker but he's excellent on his day. It was just unfortunate that today wasn't one of his days.

He should probably work on varying his finishing a little from that right hand side. I can recall a similar chance against West Ham where he put it onto the post. He scored one against Chelsea years ago from a similar position but he pretty much scuffed it over Courtois (?) like how Bruno did today. If Rashford can become more clinical he'd be twice the player he is now.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
football doesn't work like that. Had he taken one of those chances, he may not have got the other one. For example, the first chance he missed, had he scored, the game changes and does not play out the same way
Exactly this.

His missed chances didn't change the game because we scored after both anyway.

For all we know if he scores the one in the second half, that gives Leicester enough time to score 2 and win...

bondsname

He was good today. He got himself in good positions to score, but unfortunately only managed to convert one of them into a goal. It's good to see him getting in that "header" chance, something I've always wished he'd do more. The goal he scored was pretty neat, how he read the situation and knew where the ball would come, good stuff.

If he continues to get himself in good goal scoring positions, eventually he'll start banging those headers in aswell. I don't blame this guy at all for us dropping two points, I thought he was good today.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Want to see him on the right so we actually have a outlet that side and someone who can take on defenders.

Stacks

Exactly this.

His missed chances didn't change the game because we scored after both anyway.

For all we know if he scores the one in the second half, that gives Leicester enough time to score 2 and win...
someone gets it

He was good today. He got himself in good positions to score, but unfortunately only managed to convert one of them into a goal. It's good to see him getting in that "header" chance, something I've always wished he'd do more. The goal he scored was pretty neat, how he read the situation and knew where the ball would come, good stuff.

If he continues to get himself in good goal scoring positions, eventually he'll start banging those headers in aswell. I don't blame this guy at all for us dropping two points, I thought he was good today.
exactly. We need our attackers to stay dangerous. I mean we scored 2 goals vs a good team. Should be enough to win a game. Not like we drew 0-0

Cliche Guevara

He had the whole goal to aim at and instead it went slightly to the right of Schmeichel at the perfect height for a GK. How is that not a bad attempt?
Robbie Savage and BT saying it’s the save of the season but he did whack it straight at the keeper’s hand which is where the goalie absolutely would have wanted it. He also hit it a touch early.

Let it run and just tuck it into the corner. Should be a bread and butter finish.

slored1

Why is he getting blamed? Yes he missed, but we scored soon after that chance and should have won it if not for our terrible defence.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Needs a little more composure I think he smacks the ball when he could just roll it past like Bruno did.

spiriticon

Don't get me wrong like, Rashford is my current favourite player and I often compare him to a young Cristiano but I still want him to be better.

I want our whole team to be collectively better. Iron out those individual weaknesses so we can stake our place as a top 3 team consistently.

For Rashford, I've sung enough praises about him but I know there's still plenty of room to improve. He just needs to finish like old Cristiano now and I'll be the proudest fan in the world.

Swiss_Red89

He should’ve scored the header but the one on one with Schmeichel was just a very good save. Can’t believe some fans are turning on him again.
It's a disgrace really. He keeps producing goals and assists but some people only highlights his faults and dont talk about the good things. He should have scored at least two today, of course. But to attack him again is not understandable imo. He and Bruno were once again our most dangerous players.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Worrying how he went down after what appeared to be the most softest of tugs on his arm

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Upsetting to see fans use him as a scapegoat when the invisible man Martial gets away criticism free. Martial actively avoids involvement in play, cowardly player.
What forum have you been looking at? Martial has been copping an incredible amount of abuse all season, more than he probably deserves to be honest (in the context that of course he's been shit this season but people forget he was probably our best player over the course of last season).

Kuba

He is left winger. Full stop.
Not a striker not right Winger. Playing Rashford on right and Pogba on left cost us.

If AV offered us swap deal for Grealish i would take it and run.

lex talionis

Needs to improve his finishing. It’s not technique, but a lack of concentration that does him in.

On the free header, I hope no one here seriously argues that that’s a chance few strikers on the planet would ever score.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He should’ve scored the header but the one on one with Schmeichel was just a very good save. Can’t believe some fans are turning on him again.
Schmeichel pretty much would have had to move his hand out of the way for that to go in. Schmeichel positioned himself well, but Rashford still had plenty of goal to hit and instead shot directly (and at the perfect height) at his hand.

Stacks

He gets his goal but costs us with his profligacy. Him and Martial are rubbish.
19 goals and assists in 22 games
He is left winger. Full stop.
Not a striker not right Winger. Playing Rashford on right and Pogba on left cost us.

If AV offered us swap deal for Grealish i would take it and run.
. Whose to say Grealish will do any better. does he have the pace to get into the goal scoring positions Marcus does and is Jack a clinical finisher?

NK86

The sitter and the 1-on-1 miss cost us in the end. His finishing has to improve drastically. He is a player who will always have chances with his pace and decent dribbling but my God his ability to find the back of the net is average at best.

He just tries to blast the leather off the ball most times instead of trying to place it in a corner. When he is through on goal with time on hand, like someone said above, it looks like a flip of a coin if he will be composed in his finishing.

shahzy

Upsetting to see fans use him as a scapegoat when the invisible man Martial gets away criticism free. Martial actively avoids involvement in play, cowardly player.
Literally no one is excusing him. You're seeing what you want to see.
Both him and martial were rubbish with Rashford being the more rubbish out of the two today.

Idxomer

The save from Kasper was nothing special, he barely had to move his hand. R

ashford went for power when a good placement would've sufficed.

OhGee

The fact of the matter is that against the top teams you have to take half chances let alone that missed header which he kept his eyes open he should have buried it. Had we been 2-0 up, the game dynamics would have been much better and would have allowed us to play Ole’s tactics of attacking from the break much easier. I do agree though that scoring 2 goals against the top sides should have been sufficient for a result

Dan_F

I think everyone needs to calm down a bit. I’m not sure why people are bringing up Vardy as a shining example of a clinical finisher. He scuffed his goal and it was going wide. Also missed a 1v1 in the first half that was given offside after.

The fact that some are claiming he had a worse game than Martial is bizarre. Did Martial even get in a position good enough to have a shot today?

Feed Me

I'm hungry
19 goals and assists in 22 games

. Whose to say Grealish will do any better. does he have the pace to get into the goal scoring positions Marcus does and is Jack a clinical finisher?
And what about all the chances he misses? As a team, we are incredibly wasteful. It cost us the win today, combined with terrible defending.

Frank White

Literally no one is excusing him. You're seeing what you want to see.
Both him and martial were rubbish with Rashford being the more rubbish out of the two today.
Well that's just not true.... May have missed two chances but Martial literally did nothing the entire game. Expect nothing less after reading some of your post history regarding Rashford but let's try and be objective here. Rashford still contributed with a goal, whilst Martial did nothing.

Stacks

And what about all the chances he misses? As a team, we are incredibly wasteful. It cost us the win today, combined with terrible defending.
according to the offical premier league website he has missed the same number of big chances as Vardy, 1 more than Mane and 2 more than Firmino. I am not sure everyone elses attackers would be more clinical. I agree he needs to improve his finishing as they all do but we scored 2 goals today. If we have to score 3 every game to win matches then we ain't doing good this season.

Also his chances were opportunities to put us a goal up. Not win the game. We actually went a goal up and drew so your statement is false. If we were 1 goal up and then he missed the chances to make it 2 and Leicester equalise I could confidently say he had cost us.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
according to the offical premier league website he has missed the same number of big chances as Vardy, 1 more than Mane and 2 more than Firmino. I am not sure everyone elses attackers would be more clinical. I agree he needs to improve his finishing as they all do but we scored 2 goals today. If we have to score 3 every game to win matches then we ain't doing good this season.

Also his chances were opportunities to put us a goal up. Not win the game. We actually went a goal up and drew so your statement is false. If we were 1 goal up and then he missed the chances to make it 2 and Leicester equalise I could confidently say he had cost us.
I literally watched him miss two easy chances today with my own eyes. The header was absolutely terrible, and we all knew he’d bottle the one on one.

kundalini

Scored one out of 3 huge chances. Terrible header over from Fernandes' cross. Lovely finish for his goal. Blasted his 2nd half chance from Fred's pass, straight at Schmeichel's left hand.

Been that type of season. So much attacking threat but his decision making in the final third, and in this case, his finishing, has been frustrating. Incredibly wasteful.

Currently 7th in PL for non-penalty goals + assists this season. Could, probably should, be top 5.

Last edited:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Why is he getting blamed? Yes he missed, but we scored soon after that chance and should have won it if not for our terrible defence.
It is about standard. He is Man Utd striker. And damn good one. I rate him as one of top players in league. But Man Utd forward must have better finishing than he is showing sometimes. Some chances you just must score. That is difference between United striker and lets say Fulham striker.

His problem that his favourite shot is power shot. And that is always risky especially in one on one chances. One on one you go technique not on power

GlasgowCeltic

I think a Son or Mane leaves with at least a brace, and Salah a nailed on hat trick

On second thought maybe not Son

MattofManchester

He needs to be more composed rather than just going for power.

On the more important hand, his constant habit of being offside so many times is getting very irritating.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Played decent today. Hope he gets more composed in front of goal though as I never feel confident he'll score when he's through on goal.

Mickson

I think a Son or Mane leaves with at least a brace, and Salah a nailed on hat trick

On second thought maybe not Son
Rashford is more effective than Mané this season so that's just your feeling, which isn't anchored in reality.

No we're not. We are the third most clinical team in the league behind only Liverpool and Southampton (who is having a freak season so far).

amsoUG

The lad was dangerous and lively - though played too narrow. About the missed chances, I do not blame him - we are paying the price of Mourinho not trusting these lads early enough to make mistakes and grow into their roles. At least OGS is painfully allowing them to go through and attain confidence and maturity. We shall reap the rewards. Let's not forget Rashford has had only one full season as an assured starter. His growth was stifled at the expense of Sanchez, Ibra, Lukaku and a manager who would have publicly thrown him under the bus for such misses.

Reactions: Sultan

Andersons Dietician

Standard poor Rashford performance yet knicks a goal. Really needs a kick up the arse and someone to really drill it through to him.

SATA

Was he really injured from that tug on his shoulder by the Leicester player? He really looked genuinely in pain there for a few seconds there. Hope it's just temporary

Status
Not open for further replies.