Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MileStolar

I personally wouldn't, but tbf Grealish is a phenomenal player
Well so is Rashy, although inconsistent he's a game changer and a big game player. He needs to improve a LOT but he has all the potential to do so. But it also requires patience from the fanbase and the staff too.
I'd take Grealish though but not at the expense of Rashford who is our own, born n bred red, you can't buy that.

siw2007

Thought he had a decent game today, not one of his better ones but was dangerous through out and scored a good goal.
Won’t hang him out to dry over missed chances as per say but deserves a bit of stick for the poor header. 13 goals is a good return so far and as far as I’m concerned he is getting enough, I’m more worried about the records of other players.

United58

Well so is Rashy, although inconsistent he's a game changer and a big game player. He needs to improve a LOT but he has all the potential to do so. But it also requires patience from the fanbase and the staff too.
I'd take Grealish though but not at the expense of Rashford who is our own, born n bred red, you can't buy that.
Oh yeah I love having players coming through our youth system, loving the club etc. Apparently Beckham was terrified as a kid that because he's from London he wouldn't make our youth squad :drool: Thank kind of love inspires success, and I feel we have potential with the hardworking values of Rashford, McTominay, Bruno etc.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Spot on. Glad this is finally gaining traction. I’ve been saying this for months. He’s lazy, has no impetus/urgency on the ball like Greenwood and has half the talent the kid does. He’s a 1 in 4 finisher and only has the amount of goals he does because of volume. We really have had little to choose from other than him.
Him and martials combined laziness and lack of finishing ability is the reason we’ve scored 20-30 goals less per season than the top lot in the past 4 seasons.

It’s the reason we’re constantly on the search for a reliable striker. Lukaku, Sanchez, Ibra, Ighalo, Cavani have all come while we’ve been trying to peel away from relying on Marcus/Tony.

Its become glaringly obvious now. He’s hit his maximum potential and we are forced to ride his rollercoaster of mediocrity
Another week, another performance from Rashford reminding us he’s a 1 in 5 finisher. You can’t rely on that to win titles.

18% conversion Tony and Marcus have on over 150 chances.

Statistically horrible finishers. In times you need them the most, horrible finishers.

El Jefe

A lot of posters can't see beyond stats with Rashford. You bring up the fact that Rashford had a poor game and the response you'll get is "but he has x goals + assists".

Rashford can play 3 games. In one he could play incredibly and score 2 goals and get an assist. The next two he could play terribly and get no goals or assists. If you bring up the fact he played poorly in one or two of the games, its easy to say "but he had 3 goals + assists in 3 games". Its such an obvious cop out.

Rashford has good stats and some good performances but he has been extremely inconsistent this season. He's had as many poor games as good ones.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
I wish Rashford would add a bit more finess and precision to his finishing. He seems to go for power every time.

lex talionis

I wish Rashford would add a bit more finess and precision to his finishing. He seems to go for power every time.
Agreed. A lack of maturity is the problem. He has the gift of striking the ball with incredible power, but Schmeichel hopefully taught him a lesson today that taking a bit of power off the shot and adding placement to it can be more effective. We needed that goal today to put the game away and win us the two extra points.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
If he had any consistency he'd be one of the best players in the league. It's the difference between him and players like Son and Mane

MattofManchester

I am frustrated that he misses chances but it's a positive that they're coming regularly.

On the other hand, I'm more concerned with his lack of involvement in games.
He scores, but goes very quiet for long periods of the game before popping up again.

I wish he'd offer a threat more regularly.

Its not a secret that Marcus seems to terrify players when he goes at them.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
50th PL goal for him today, 3rd youngest player to reach that landmark behind Rooney and Ronaldo

Silverman

I wouldn't be too worried about his missed chances as he can finish very well (like the first goal today).
However, he doesn't work hard enough off the ball. Him and Martial both have this problem and it needs to be addressed.

Dante

Average bang
He has 12 goals from 55 shots across the CL and PL. That's a conversion rate of 22%.

He's in the same ballpark as most of the other best strikers in Europe. You guys are just remembering the misses more because they've personally hurt you as United fans.

GoalsShotsConversion rate
Rashford
12​
55​
22%​
Kane*
10​
64​
16%​
Ronaldo
16​
68​
24%​
Messi
10​
113​
9%​
Lewandowski
20​
65​
31%​
Salah
16​
58​
28%​
Mane
6​
49​
12%​
Son*
13​
32​
41%​
Mbappe
14​
61​
23%​
Haaland
16​
49​
33%​

*EL instead of CL

charlenefan

He has 12 goals from 55 shots across the CL and PL. That's a conversion rate of 22%.

He's in the same ballpark as most of the other best strikers in Europe. You guys are just remembering the misses more because they've personally hurt you as United fans.

Rashford
12​
55​
22%​
Kane
10​
64​
16%​
Ronaldo
16​
68​
24%​
Messi
10​
113​
9%​
Lewandowski
20​
65​
31%​
wow really good numbers and it still doesn't feel like he's hit any kind of form this season

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Feels like 1in20 though.

If you give him chances he'll score. He's been battered around in a bunch of different positions, playing a bunch of different roles. My opinion hasn't changed, put him up front and give him chances and I'll be happy if we create10 for him and he scores 2 a game. We're miles away from anything like that at the moment though every position has a bunch of mess littered around it. Guys playing out of postition, player who should be playing in a spot but cant but then have to be called on in other positions. The squad is still a massive mess, Rashford is rising to the top of it which is massively commendable. I'd much rather see Martial/Rashford/Cavani up front with proper wide players and Bruno in behind, but that is miles away.

Fluctuation0161

Rashford
12​
55​
22%​
Kane*
10​
64​
16%​
Ronaldo
16​
68​
24%​
Messi
10​
113​
9%​
Lewandowski
20​
65​
31%​
Salah
16​
58​
28%​
Mane
6​
49​
12%​
Son*
13​
32​
41%​
Mbappe
14​
61​
23%​
Haaland
16​
49​
33%​

*EL instead of CL
Interesting.

He is developing into a quality player. This season he seems to have kicked on more than ever.

If they can sort his should injury so he is not having to play through pain then he may be even better. Just lacks a little consistency but contributes still.

The Oracle

My concern is his lack of a footballing brain.

The amount of times he is offside is a clear indicator that once his pace has gone, he will not be able to adapt his game to offer anything to the team.

eire-red

Not sure why he is getting so much heat for his performance today, he was a threat right throughout the game. He missed the sitter (terrible miss has to be said, as Rodgers alluded to probably came to early in the game), the second miss was a good save from Schmeichel, and he took his goal well.

To be fair, he gets in goal scoring positions more than any other player in our team, and without him we have zero movement or threat in behind. Crucial player, and he's delivering goals or assists almost every other game at the moment. What more do you want from your winger? Him and Bruno are bailing out Martial and Greenwood for their lack of contribution this season, if one of those was hitting 10+ goals so far as well this season that would make a huge difference.

Dante

Average bang
A quick update to the table:
GoalsShotsSet piece shotsSet pieces scoredPenaltiesPenalties scoredTotal conversion rateNon-penalty conversion rateOpen play conversion rate
Rashford
12​
55​
5​
0​
1​
1​
22%​
20%​
22%​
Kane*
10​
64​
20​
1​
2​
2​
16%​
13%​
17%​
Ronaldo
16​
68​
13​
1​
7​
6​
24%​
16%​
19%​
Messi
10​
113​
29​
1​
6​
5​
9%​
5%​
5%​
Lewandowski
20​
65​
17​
2​
3​
3​
31%​
27%​
33%​
Salah
16​
58​
10​
2​
6​
6​
28%​
19%​
19%​
Mane
6​
49​
6​
0​
0​
0​
12%​
12%​
14%​
Son*
13​
32​
4​
2​
0​
0​
41%​
41%​
39%​
Mbappe
14​
61​
4​
0​
5​
5​
23%​
16%​
17%​
Haaland
16​
49​
4​
1​
1​
1​
33%​
31%​
32%​

*EL instead of CL

If you take penalties and freekicks out of the equation, Rashford has been better than everyone other than Lewa, Haaland and Son.

eire-red

The amount of times he is offside is a clear indicator that once his pace has gone, he will not be able to adapt his game to offer anything to the team.
Really? I always thought the timing of his runs is incredible. Look at the goals against SHU, West Ham, Newcastle, Leipzig just off the top of my head. He either bends his run, or delays for that split second.

Dante

Average bang
My concern is the lack of a footballing brain from people accusing him of lacking a footballing brain.

The Oracle

Really? I always thought the timing of his runs is incredible. Look at the goals against SHU, West Ham, Newcastle, Leipzig just off the top of my head. He either bends his run, or delays for that split second.
That's a fair enough comment.

I think my disappointment at the easy chances that he misses, are making me become over-critical of other aspects of his game.

charlenefan

My concern is the lack of a footballing brain from people accusing him of lacking a footballing brain.
:lol:

I know, and talking about him loosing his pace when he's just turned 23 :lol::lol:

bsCallout

His movement recently has been great. Huge improvements.

pacifictheme

He is fanastic. He could be more clinical but he's not a striker, he's an inside forward or whatever. Plays best coming in from the side and shouldn't be our main goalscorer. Annoyingly martial hasn't hit his stride yet so there is more pressure on Rashford to score. Lads having an excellent season so far, even if he has had a few poorer performances.

Robaldo

The stick that Rashford gets from our own fans is so baffling; fans of other clubs rate him, he's scored 80 goals for us and he's not yet at his peak.

He had three big chances today, and only converted one, but I'm a lot more concerned about the other striker whose movement brought him no big chances.

eire-red

That's a fair enough comment.

I think my disappointment at the easy chances that he misses, are making me become over-critical of other aspects of his game.
Don't worry, I often fall into the same pitfall. The reason I think that Rashford is worth the patience and frustration is because of his evolution over the last couple of seasons.

He's changed his game and he has increased his output. He's still almost as wasteful, but his goals have increased because he's now getting 3/4 chances a game as opposed to maybe just 1, or none under Mourinho.

I think that will cause us as fans short term frustration, but from a coaching point of view you'd rather a player who scores 1 in every 3 than a more clinical finisher who doesn't get in goalscoring positions enough (Martial), because it shows that he's learning how to be effective and how to consistently get in those positions.

Now the conversion rate isn't where it need to be, but generally speaking, attackers increase their conversion rate with experience. I hope when Rashford hits his prime in 3-4 years, we will start seeing Mo Salah type of numbers from him. For me, his learning and understanding of the game now is laying the foundations of becoming a 30 goal a season foward, if he can improve his finishing. I think he can, because he definitely has it in his locker judging by some of the truly world class finishes he does on a semi regular basis.

Dante

Average bang
Don't worry, I often fall into the same pitfall. The reason I think that Rashford is worth the patience and frustration is because of his evolution over the last couple of seasons.

He's changed his game and he has increased his output. He's still almost as wasteful, but his goals have increased because he's now getting 3/4 chances a game as opposed to maybe just 1, or none under Mourinho.

I think that will cause us as fans short term frustration, but from a coaching point of view you'd rather a player who scores 1 in every 3 than a more clinical finisher who doesn't get in goalscoring positions enough (Martial), because it shows that he's learning how to be effective and how to consistently get in those positions.

Now the conversion rate isn't where it need to be, but generally speaking, attackers increase their conversion rate with experience. I hope when Rashford hits his prime in 3-4 years, we will start seeing Mo Salah type of numbers from him. For me, his learning and understanding of the game now is laying the foundations of becoming a 30 goal a season foward, if he can improve his finishing. I think he can, because he definitely has it in his locker judging by some of the truly world class finishes he does on a semi regular basis.
His conversion rate is better than Salah's this season.

eire-red

His conversion rate is better than Salah's this season.
I never said it wasn't. Salah gets in more goalscoring positions than anyone else in the league, hence why he's always in contention for the golden boot.

I said hopefully Rashford can reach his numbers from a purely goals point of view, not conversion rate. If I was talking about being more clinical, Kane or Son would be more apt. Both of those guys seem to score with their only chances every game.

The Oracle

I would say this post is what is great about this forum.

Whilst opinions are subjective, sometimes those opinions are when we are looking at the smaller picture (i.e. 1 game today against Leicester), rather than the bigger picture (i.e. the good points you make throughout your post).

I have actually been too harsh on Rashford today.

eire-red

I would say this post is what is great about this forum.

Whilst opinions are subjective, sometimes those opinions are when we are looking at the smaller picture (i.e. 1 game today against Leicester), rather than the bigger picture (i.e. the good points you make throughout your post).

I have actually been too harsh on Rashford today.
But isn't it great to be disappointed in him having scored only one goal today!

The potential in this team is crazy, I really feel like we're just a couple of big signings away from truly unlocking it. Or am I being sucked into the hope of another false dawn under Ole? Who knows. At least there is something to latch onto these days.

Withnail

If he had any consistency he'd be one of the best players in the league. It's the difference between him and players like Son and Mane
This type of thing annoys me especially as Mané and Son are in their prime while Rashford is still developing.

Son is having a fantastic start to the the season but he's never scored at his current rate before and Rashford comfortably outscored him last season. As for Mané, he is a good player but not significantly more consistent in his output than Rashford.

Rashford's record vs Mané's last season and so far this season are very close. Rashford also has the better conversion rate as Dante's shown below.

GoalsShotsSet piece shotsSet pieces scoredPenaltiesPenalties scoredTotal conversion rateNon-penalty conversion rateOpen play conversion rate
Rashford
12​
55​
5​
0​
1​
1​
22%​
20%​
22%​
Kane*
10​
64​
20​
1​
2​
2​
16%​
13%​
17%​
Ronaldo
16​
68​
13​
1​
7​
6​
24%​
16%​
19%​
Messi
10​
113​
29​
1​
6​
5​
9%​
5%​
5%​
Lewandowski
20​
65​
17​
2​
3​
3​
31%​
27%​
33%​
Salah
16​
58​
10​
2​
6​
6​
28%​
19%​
19%​
Mane
6​
49​
6​
0​
0​
0​
12%​
12%​
14%​
Son*
13​
32​
4​
2​
0​
0​
41%​
41%​
39%​
Mbappe
14​
61​
4​
0​
5​
5​
23%​
16%​
17%​
Haaland
16​
49​
4​
1​
1​
1​
33%​
31%​
32%​

*EL instead of CL

If you take penalties and freekicks out of the equation, Rashford has been better than everyone other than Lewa, Haaland and Son.

Stacks

A lot of posters can't see beyond stats with Rashford. You bring up the fact that Rashford had a poor game and the response you'll get is "but he has x goals + assists".

Rashford can play 3 games. In one he could play incredibly and score 2 goals and get an assist. The next two he could play terribly and get no goals or assists. If you bring up the fact he played poorly in one or two of the games, its easy to say "but he had 3 goals + assists in 3 games". Its such an obvious cop out.

Rashford has good stats and some good performances but he has been extremely inconsistent this season. He's had as many poor games as good ones.
in 23 appearances he has scored or assisted in 15 individual matches. that's a pretty consistent contribution

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Rashford
12​
55​
5​
0​
1​
1​
22%​
20%​
22%​
Kane*
10​
64​
20​
1​
2​
2​
16%​
13%​
17%​
Ronaldo
16​
68​
13​
1​
7​
6​
24%​
16%​
19%​
Messi
10​
113​
29​
1​
6​
5​
9%​
5%​
5%​
Lewandowski
20​
65​
17​
2​
3​
3​
31%​
27%​
33%​
Salah
16​
58​
10​
2​
6​
6​
28%​
19%​
19%​
Mane
6​
49​
6​
0​
0​
0​
12%​
12%​
14%​
Son*
13​
32​
4​
2​
0​
0​
41%​
41%​
39%​
Mbappe
14​
61​
4​
0​
5​
5​
23%​
16%​
17%​
Haaland
16​
49​
4​
1​
1​
1​
33%​
31%​
32%​

*EL instead of CL

@Dante Any chance you can share the site you used to get this?

Status
Not open for further replies.