5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiss_Red89

That's a nice outlook on life but the internet, unfortunately doesn't work that way. I'm all for criticism when it's warranted like to say he needs to work on his finishing after a game where he missed two "sitters" is more than fair but some of the stuff wrote by a certain few in here is ridiculous.
I have no problem with fair and rationale critism. But it's often totaly over the top imo, and that counts for any player, coach or the club in general.

I guess I've to accept it as i really like this forum in general and don't want to stop following it.

Dominos

On the basis we're around 40% of the way through the season, at his current rate of productivity he'd finish on 32 goals and 20 assists. Last season he should have hit 30+ too but injuries ruined him. I don't expect him to go completely injury free so he may fall short again but would be good for him to finally hit the 30+ mark.

I think himself and the team haven't really hit peak yet so we could hopefully see a productivity increase.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
On the basis we're around 40% of the way through the season, at his current rate of productivity he'd finish on 32 goals and 20 assists. Last season he should have hit 30+ too but injuries ruined him. I don't expect him to go completely injury free so he may fall short again but would be good for him to finally hit the 30+ mark.

I think himself and the team haven't really hit peak yet so we could hopefully see a productivity increase.
His finishing is poor lets face it. After the restart he missed a ton of easy chances some of them absolute sitters

HowieC

What the actual feck? You can’t be a United fan, surely? If you were, you would’ve watched out games, and noticed how much respect he is given by the opposition. He litterally puts defenders on their arse every match by a drop of the sholder and a beautiful touch.

Pretty poor in every other regard. Feck did I just read?!
I didn’t know we can’t criticize our players. I’m martial fc and i can admit hes scoring this season is abysmal. Historically he’s had great technique and finishing though.

Rash isn’t a kid. He’s had many seasons at the top level and through them all, barring the three month period last year he’s been up and down because of his lack of top technique. Can’t have balls bouncing off u half the time (though he did receive and score beautifully a couple games ago).

IMO, greenwood will be the true star with his sheer skill. I’ve lost some faith in martial, must be said.

Handré1990

I didn’t know we can’t criticize our players. I’m martial fc and i can admit hes scoring this season is abysmal. Historically he’s had great technique and finishing though.

Rash isn’t a kid. He’s had many seasons at the top level and through them all, barring the three month period last year he’s been up and down because of his lack of top technique. Can’t have balls bouncing off u half the time (though he did receive and score beautifully a couple games ago).

IMO, greenwood will be the true star with his sheer skill. I’ve lost some faith in martial, must be said.
Your allowed your shit opinion of course. Rashford isn’t clinical, and sometimes plays with his head down. See, that’s what valid criticism looks like.. The rest is of a very high level.

Greenwood is the bigger talent, I’d agree, however he hasn’t yet had one game where he dominated the opposition, Marcus’ list of those is growing and growing, in his first full season he took over as our attacking leader when Zlatan got injured. His goals saw us through against both Celta Vigo and Anderlecht. His one of our best and most important players, a little respect and touch with reality is good when judging players.

Last edited:

Raven

Your allowed your shit opinion of course. Rashford isn’t clinical, and sometimes plays with his head down. See, that’s what valid criticism looks like.. The rest is of a very high level.

Greenwood is the bigger talent, I’d agree, however he hasn’t yet had one game where he dominated the opposition, Marcus’s list of those is growing and growing, in his first full season he took over as our attacking leader when Zlatan got injured. His goals saw us through against both Celta Vigo and Anderlecht. His one of our best and most important players, a little respect and touch with reality is good when judging players.
I think the issue for me with Rashford is that he's capable of simply world class pieces of skill, whether that be dribbling at pace, first touch, shooting, passing, he seems to have the lot but it's all so erratic. I've seen him, even this season, play almost an entire 90 minutes where he can't trap a ball, can't pass it 5 yards and is pinging balls off of walls of defenders but then pull of something that very few others on the planet can do.

I think a lot of the reason he struggles with the basics so regularly is possibly because his decision making is still generally quite poor in the build up and he often get caught in 2 minds about what he wants to do with the ball. I think this might also explain where his best football comes from, which is where he knows exactly what he wants to do, such as balls over the top, he wants to take a touch and shoot, something he has become excellent and consistent at.

Rashford is still very young, I expect him to improve dramatically in the coming years as his decision making matures.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Actually he is, he's only just turned 23, he's got another 3 years at least until he's in what you consider would be his peak (and some would argue that's actually not until a player hits 28)

Handré1990

I think the issue for me with Rashford is that he's capable of simply world class pieces of skill, whether that be dribbling at pace, first touch, shooting, passing, he seems to have the lot but it's all so erratic. I've seen him, even this season, play almost an entire 90 minutes where he can't trap a ball, can't pass it 5 yards and is pinging balls off of walls of defenders but then pull of something that very few others on the planet can do.

I think a lot of the reason he struggles with the basics so regularly is possibly because his decision making is still generally quite poor in the build up and he often get caught in 2 minds about what he wants to do with the ball. I think this might also explain where his best football comes from, which is where he knows exactly what he wants to do, such as balls over the top, he wants to take a touch and shoot, something he has become excellent and consistent at.

Rashford is still very young, I expect him to improve dramatically in the coming years as his decision making matures.
Well, I’ve not anything to add to that. Seems you rate him as much as me. And I would certainly agree that he’ll develop a lot over the next few years, the proof is in the pudding. He has taken massive strides in the five or so years since his debut. I responded to a post claiming that Rashford only excels at shooting, and «is pretty poor in every other regard».

It’s all well and good that Greenwood is a great talent, but it doesn’t really mean much until it translates on the pitch for our first team. Rashford is one of our pillars, Greenwood is far from that yet. Rashford gets a lot of disrespect disguised as fair criticism. He is one of our 3 most important players, and besides Bruno one to be counted when the going gets rough.

DoomSlayer

Well, I’ve not anything to add to that. Seems you rate him as much as me. And I would certainly agree that he’ll develop a lot over the next few years, the proof is in the pudding. He has taken massive strides in the five or so years since his debut. I responded to a post claiming that Rashford only excels at shooting, and «is pretty poor in every other regard».

It’s all well and good that Greenwood is a great talent, but it doesn’t really mean much until it translates on the pitch for our first team. Rashford is one of our pillars, Greenwood is far from that yet. Rashford gets a lot of disrespect disguised as fair criticism. He is one of our 3 most important players, and besides Bruno one to be counted when the going gets rough.
I share the same views as you. It's mind-boggling how disrespected Rashford is, I don't understand how any stable United fan can not adore or rate the lad. :confused:

3KDré

I think you should watch some other PL teams. Mane, Sterling and Son play in the same situation and they will also regularly do as you describe, when they play really poorly but still manage to do pull something off that gets a goal for the team.

The difference between Rashford and them (in the past few years) is that when Mane isn’t having a great game, Salah will or Firmino will. If Sterling doesn’t KDB/ Sane/ Aguero in the past few years would step up. In fact I’m pretty sure relative to previous seasons Mane hasn’t started particularly well, but it isn’t as noticeable in a team of several world class players. Salah has especially stepped up and is top scorer in the league.

Right now most of our games, most of our goals are created from Fernandes and Rashford. It’s also easier for a lot of teams because these two like to play off the left, so our opposition can just AWB on his own with no worry about us attacking from the right.

Rashford still has a way to go, but that says more about how good he can be.

Handré1990

I share the same views as you. It's mind-boggling how disrespected Rashford is, I don't understand how any stable United fan can not adore or rate the lad. :confused:
One need only watch our games, the conclusion should be clear. He’s not a consistent world class performer yet, if he was he’d be in the conversation of best player in the world, imo. He has ample time to get there though.

I really hope we manage to get to a point where we really compete for the CL and PL because that is where Rashford belongs.

Handré1990

I think you should watch some other PL teams. Mane, Sterling and Son play in the same situation and they will also regularly do as you describe, when they play really poorly but still manage to do pull something off that gets a goal for the team.

The difference between Rashford and them (in the past few years) is that when Mane isn’t having a great game, Salah will or Firmino will. If Sterling doesn’t KDB/ Sane/ Aguero in the past few years would step up. In fact I’m pretty sure relative to previous seasons Mane hasn’t started particularly well, but it isn’t as noticeable in a team of several world class players. Salah has especially stepped up and is top scorer in the league.

Right now most of our games, most of our goals are created from Fernandes and Rashford. It’s also easier for a lot of teams because these two like to play off the left, so our opposition can just AWB on his own with no worry about us attacking from the right.

Rashford still has a way to go, but that says more about how good he can be.
All true, and with Martial MIA for the end of last, and start of this season Bruno and Rashford are creating and finishing most chances. I don’t even think he’s reached that absolute top form we saw before his injury, so your last sentence is him in a nutshell right now.

0le

Are we happy that he is definitely fully recovered from his back injury? I haven't been able to watch live games, only highlights. I remember a few posters were concerned he still did not look like he was able to run at full speed?

DoomSlayer

Are we happy that he is definitely fully recovered from his back injury? I haven't been able to watch live games, only highlights. I remember a few posters were concerned he still did not look like he was able to run at full speed?
Not fully sure about the back injury, but I think even Ole said a few weeks ago, that Rashford has been playing through the pain barrier with a shoulder/arm injury.

charlenefan

Yeah I think his back is all sorted now it's his shoulder that's been an issue for a good number of months now

Frank White

Yeah I think his back is all sorted now it's his shoulder that's been an issue for a good number of months now
He did seem to go to ground easily when Barnes had a tug of his arm last game, think he let out a pretty big shout too.

charlenefan

He did seem to go to ground easily when Barnes had a tug of his arm last game, think he let out a pretty big shout too.
Yep it does concern me that Ole's going to break him, his back was clearly bothering him months before finally went under the knife and it's his shoulder has now been an issue for a similar period of time

Of course people don't stop to think about this when they're tearing into him

Dominos

His finishing is poor lets face it. After the restart he missed a ton of easy chances some of them absolute sitters
Maybe so but injury free that poor finisher would have hit 30 goals last season. And injury free this season he'll likely hit 30+.

el3mel

Get in Marcus ! Redeemed his misses earlier from the goal, no one deserved to put the final goal in more than him!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Start him on the right. Without him on that side, that entire flank becomes useless. Martial is best on the left and Cavani is best in the middle anyway.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Great goal. I think we need to stop criticising him across the 90 mins because he’s one of those guys who even if he’s not quite executing everything 100% during a game - he can come alive at any moment and be a matchwinner. Electrifying.

You look at teams like Arsenal and they are crying out for a player like him who can create a goal out of nothing.

spiriticon

His first touch while on the full speed run is just magical.

Again and again, he just 'Ronaldinho traps' the ball out of the sky on the move.

charlenefan

Great goal. I think we need to stop criticising him across the 90 mins because he’s one of those guys who even if he’s not quite executing everything 100% during a game - he can come alive at any moment and be a matchwinner. Electrifying.
Exactly, players like him and Bruno are always capable of doing something even when they're having a poor game. Sign of top class players

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He was trying to play solo whole game. Even in that goal he had Cavani wide open. But he went for it. And won us game. Bruno and him are our two most important players by far. Both will always do something. Goal or assist.

Stadjer

I didnt think he was very good and thought not passing just before the goal was another bad decision.... but in the end he decides the game.

He doesnt have to play well to make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.