Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Looks knackered in the post match interview. Mentioned targetting the full back after he got cramp in final few mins.

Superunknown

Today was a reward for perseverance. He kept doing great things to get the ball into the box in the first half, and then he would either pass it, overplay it, or would lose the ball. All I wanted him to do was get into the box and shoot, which he eventually did, and that's where the goal came from. Delighted for him that he got the reward in the end.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Exactly, players like him and Bruno are always capable of doing something even when they're having a poor game. Sign of top class players
I just think it’s a different way of understanding a player. I used to criticise him because he would make so many errors during a game but when you ignore that and just focus on the end product across the 90, he’s constantly delivering and he’s one of those guys that is constantly trying to do the difficult things and not play it safe.

Most elite players tend to be able to keep the ball well and score goals - but if Rashford is doing the latter rather than the former, it’s still much better than having a keep the ball merchant whose passive and not doing anything productive results wise.

El Jefe

Happy as feck with that goal but luck aside that was a bad decision. Cavani was there for the easier chance.

Its hard to criticise him as it won us 3 points.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Strays offside and makes some poor decisions in front of goal but he's still quite young so I'm willing to cut him some slack. Absolutely thankful for his perseverance though!

Drainy

Interview after the game he looked so exhausted. Its so easy for us fat arses sat at home to criticise the players but this lad is putting it all on the line week in week out for us and is one of the best attackers in the league, yet some pricks are just never happy.

Frank White

Maybe lucky with the goal but was a threat throughout, thought his passing for the most part was spot on too. Love the bloke.

Walters_19_MuFc

People will criticise him because of the amount of times he loses the ball but tonight, ladies and gents, is why you dont take Rashford off.

He was the only one who continued runnning in behind and got his just rewards for doing so in the last few minutes of the game.

Massive goal for us.

Andersons Dietician

Exactly, players like him and Bruno are always capable of doing something even when they're having a poor game. Sign of top class players
Is it though? Or are all the moments he doesn’t pass to players in better positions, or running up blind allies the sign of a not so World class player. There is no doubting he has the abilities to be world class but he really needs to start making better decisions if he really wants to get there.

That was a pretty classic Rashford performance, is pretty bad for all of the game, then has a bit of luck and the ball deflects in to the net. If it didn’t then we are lamenting him for again not squaring the ball to Cavani who is in a better position.

The amount of time he spent pissing about on the ball and the lack of effort at times to get in to a position just annoys the life out of me.

Robaldo

Awful overall but thank god for the goal
So basically, you were going to slate him in this thread but he’s redeemed himself - or rather you’re giving the credit to God!

Not his best performance but he’s held up over the Christmas period.

Not aimed at you Jeppers but the criticism he’d take on this forum had he performed like Cavani today would have been completely out of proportion.

Devil may care

A bit too much Neymar lite in the first half, picked up when he moved to the RW and got the crucial goal which is what you need from your big players.

Dan_F

Strays offside and makes some poor decisions in front of goal but he's still quite young so I'm willing to cut him some slack. Absolutely thankful for his perseverance though!
I wouldn’t word it as “straying” offside. He’s making runs from deeper positions, often before the passer has even motioned to pass. Sometimes it’s more about the passer being late. Straying to me would be someone who’s lazy getting back onside.

For someone who used to get critiqued for his first touch a lot, the way he’s been bringing down those balls over the top recently is unreal.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
He has an incredible amount of character which can't be underestimated in a player. He's a match-winner basically. I don't really get the criticism of him now as opposed to a couple of seasons ago when he really was basically terrible about 80-90% of the time. He's growing in stature and confidence and he's one of the most effective players in the league. I think he'll get better and be a genuine ballon d'or contender. I've always thought his technique was there, seen recently him taking the ball out of the air with feather like touch, but his concentration used to be all over the place. He's such a better player now and worth the huge contract he's on. Whatever the dinner ladies are putting in his tea they need to stick some in Martial's.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
So basically, you were going to slate him in this thread but he’s redeemed himself - or rather you’re giving the credit to God!

Not his best performance but he’s held up over the Christmas period.

Not aimed at you Jeppers but the criticism he’d take on this forum had he performed like Cavani today would have been completely out of proportion.
No...I’m fine with him having an off day, all players do and wolves are very difficult to play against at the best of times. I wasn’t literally thanking god, it’s an expression. Thank Rashford for his part in the goal and making the difference...if that explains it better.

FujiVice

Admit it. Who yelled "why doesnt he fecking pass?!" at the screen before the ball hit the net?

RuudtheRed

Felt like Rashford channelled Park's 90th minute left footed winner against Wolves many years ago from a similar position. :lol:

I'm not sure that passing to Cavani would have yielded the same result. Both options would have been difficult but with the luck we got the ball deservedly made it into the back of the net. Fair play to Rashford for getting the goal where it mattered. I think he can probably still improve in terms of his general decision making though and become an even better player

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I wouldn’t word it as “straying” offside. He’s making runs from deeper positions, often before the passer has even motioned to pass. Sometimes it’s more about the passer being late. Straying to me would be someone who’s lazy getting back onside.

For someone who used to get critiqued for his first touch a lot, the way he’s been bringing down those balls over the top recently is unreal.
Aye, I suppose you're right. I stand corrected.

Plymouth Red

Interview after the game he looked so exhausted. Its so easy for us fat arses sat at home to criticise the players but this lad is putting it all on the line week in week out for us and is one of the best attackers in the league, yet some pricks are just never happy.
Disingenuous to omit the reputed £200,000 per week wages plus bonuses. That probably takes a bit of the sting out after putting it all on the line for us tonight.
Or do you think we should organise a quick whip round as he's more exhausted than usual?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He started the game really well for the first 10 minutes or so and I thought we were going to have a Rashford masterclass. Unfortunately he fizzled out quite badly after that.

Still got the goal at the end even if there was a large amount of luck involved.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
His ability to not be phased by, or let poor performance /bad misses play on his mind is quite remarkable.

Sure it would be better if he didn't miss in the first place, but still it's a great trait to have

Oldyella

Thought he was poor overall but he kept going and got his reward. We are lucky to have him. Hes become so import though resting him seems difficult, dont want to burn him out.

Drainy

Disingenuous to omit the reputed £200,000 per week wages plus bonuses. That probably takes a bit of the sting out after putting it all on the line for us tonight.
Or do you think we should organise a quick whip round as he's more exhausted than usual?
Did your post seem sensible when you typed it out?

There are plenty of footballers who earn a lot of money but shy away from the responsibility or sit it out when injured or in need of a rest.

Alemar

14th goal of the season for Sir Marcus. Not the best match, but he won us the game and it really matters

Swiss_Red89

Big big Goal from Rashy. He is our most important player apart from Bruno atm. He constantly puts pressure on defenders with his runs and constantly pops up with a goal contribution. Well done once again lad.

Plymouth Red

Did your post seem sensible when you typed it out?

There are plenty of footballers who earn a lot of money but shy away from the responsibility or sit it out when injured or in need of a rest.
I see him as a professional doing a job, whereas you strike me as wishing to nominate him for sainthood.

Indranil Roy

Rashford will become the worlds best, if he starts taking shots more in the box. Quick one touch into either feet and take a shot on goal, instead of waiting for the perfect moment. Used to remember, Rashford taking a lot of shots from outside the box, and the coaching team has clearly told him to stop that, however inside the box, wish he was told to shoot more, cause, he has really nice shooting from both feet. He has all the potential in the world and needs to be encouraged to shot often in the box. When CR7 used to take shots during his 21-22 years, it was frustrating but thats how you learn.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Has a great knack of being productive when out of form. By all accounts he’s been very poor for them majority of the season, yet he’s got 14 goals. Still doesn’t look fit to me.

Red00012

Needs to cut out the standing still over the ball and looking around to see what he’ll do with it . It totally slows everything down and a defenders dream.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
thank Christ you haven't posted more in the 16 years you've been a member of this forum

Alemar

By all accounts he’s been very poor for them majority of the season, yet he’s got 14 goals.
I wish we had a few more players in the team who’d been as “very poor” as him for the majority of the season. We’d be leading the league by a solid margin

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Rashford is one of the players who has played a lot this season and it's starting to show a bit . Good news for him is that most likely there is a break coming up soon because of the virus
14 goals in all competitions in 20 odd games is pretty impressive for someone who doesn't play the number 9 role.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I really dislike our fans.

It's one of the most disappointing thing about the club.

Rashford isnt perfect but you literally have players like Werner for Chelsea and I absolutely adore the 23 year old Rashford trying his best and coming up with the goods for a team with alot of flaws.

Great player who is routinely undervalued by his fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.