Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drainy

I really dislike our fans.

It's one of the most disappointing thing about the club.

Rashford isnt perfect but you literally have players like Werner for Chelsea and I absolutely adore the 23 year old Rashford trying his best and coming up with the goods for a team with alot of flaws.

Great player who is routinely undervalued by his fans.
And is the literal personification of what makes United great as a football club.

Been with us from being a small child and worked his way up against the odds and seeing off a lot of competition to cement himself as one of our best players, while also being a great young man off the pitch.

Obiorahking_

Its nowhere near there yet, but what I liked about his performance today wasn't even the goals it was him looking for his teammates in the final third and more effort defensively. Most of the passes were unsuccessful but he'll get there if he really commits to it.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
He looks like an 80 year old. Completely drained during his post match interview. Face gaunt. Breathing hard. Gave everything.

Last edited:

Stacks

Rashford isnt perfect but you literally have players like Werner for Chelsea and I absolutely adore the 23 year old Rashford trying his best and coming up with the goods for a team with alot of flaws.

He and Bruno are carrying our league form this season. They get the most criticism because they can be frustrating. When they are having a bad game you can tell but they are hella aggressive. They are most likely to get us a result and we are over reliant on their contributions since no one else is stepping up. But he's trash, has no ability except pace and drive, championship player who needs to be replaced.

el3mel

Maybe he's still missing a lot but I still love everything about him. He never drops his head down and keep on trying till he gets his goal. There's no doubt for me that he's so crucial for us and we can't play without him. He's undroppable for me.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Its nowhere near there yet, but what I liked about his performance today wasn't even the goals it was him looking for his teammates in the final third and more effort defensively. Most of the passes were unsuccessful but he'll get there if he really commits to it.
Yes. If he keeps playing with this attitude his confidence will be consistent and so will the team. Should finish his chances, had a great touch but not the composure even though it was offside. Hoping he can go on a real run, this new year is his if he wants it.

SinNombre

If he stays fit, he will score 30 goals this season in all competitions without taking penalties.

People underestimate how phenomenal of an achievement that is.

Djemba-Djemba

Even when he's having a terrible game he never stops trying.

You never ever get a lack of effort from him and he always keeps going as tonight shows. Him and Bruno have carried us this season.

manunited1919

I was thinking he should have come off instead of Greenwood, as he wasn’t having a good game. But then, I also thought Rashford has a tough mentality, and that’s the reason keeps him on.

We got the goal today, but Ole needs to give Rashford a break. Rashford is never going to quit, and Ole needs to be careful and not run him into the ground like he did last season.

Mr Smith

Not his best performance but he was probably still one of our most dangerous players with his running in behind, which is saying something against a side that play as deep as Wolves. He's also clearly becoming a player defenders are afraid of playing against, they seemed really worried about fouling him for the goal.

Red_toad

Maybe he's still missing a lot but I still love everything about him. He never drops his head down and keep on trying till he gets his goal. There's no doubt for me that he's so crucial for us and we can't play without him. He's undroppable for me.
But he isn’t his conversion rate is on par with Ronaldo, Mbappe etc. it’s just a social media thing that’s repeated so often it then becomes a fact.
Really don’t get the hate for him, life long United fan, gives his all on the pitch, loads of work in the community and for the disadvantaged in the wider society. Then will get us 20 plus goals playing as a wide attacker.
Must be lots of Tory voters who simply don’t approve how he conducts himself!

zenith

He's just brilliant. Kris at it for the full 90 despite carrying an injury and probably being very very tired.

So happy and proud to have an academy lad like him in the team. Just wish we would have managed to get Sancho in the summer, as it would have made him even more effective.

Right now the opposition tends to pack the left side of attack, knowing that we don't have much on the right

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Around 20 goals + assists already this season. 17 of then in PL and CL. He is having very good season.

POF

He and Alex Telles really struggled with their link up play in the first half. All of the attacks came down that side and the understanding between them was really off.

Things didn't really come off for Rashford today which makes the winner even more impressive. He was clearly shattered but still made the hard run late in the game.

He's turning into a real leader for this team.

Didn't know where to put this but I found this comment about Marcus and Bruno on the Spurs forum absolutely hilarious

Rashford and Bruno are two of the most shameless, disgusting cheaters I've seen on a football pitch and their entire strategy is just to run towards the goal like moths and shoot shoot shoot and when that doesn't work - just dive for a pen!

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Came up with a vital goal at the end. Thought he was having a pretty bad game. Seemed to stand on the ball and take all the tempo out of our attack. Pass on to Cavani at the end there too.

I guess he's knackered, like most are, but glad to see him get the winner. He's putting up very good numbers.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think we should accept Rashford for what he is, which is an excellent forward btw. However I often found myself unsure of his potential and where he could reach as he can sometimes be technically erratic. But everyone can't have that elastic technical ability and he has some brilliant strengths of his own. His movement and goal threat is quality. His shooting power is also very good. He has a lot of trickery in the locker. And most importantly, he's always at it - he's perseverant and rarely lowers his intensity. I won't put him on an elite padestal but it's evident that he's a quality forward whose end product has now been great for a good while.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
I wouldn’t word it as “straying” offside. He’s making runs from deeper positions, often before the passer has even motioned to pass. Sometimes it’s more about the passer being late. Straying to me would be someone who’s lazy getting back onside.

For someone who used to get critiqued for his first touch a lot, the way he’s been bringing down those balls over the top recently is unreal.
Aye, his first touch and maybe even more so his willingness to keep making those runs late on were very encouraging. It's a bonus that he's looking so comfortable operating from the right wing now given our perpetual lack of options there.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
If he stays injury free, on track to score 30 goals this season.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
'I wanted to go at him' - Man Utd match-winner Rashford reveals plan to exploit Wolves youngster Ait-Nouri

The Red Devils hero spoke of his scheme to take advantage of the young defender - in what proved to be the match's crucial moment

Manchester United star Marcus Rashford has revealed his plan to exploit tiring Wolves wing-back Rayan Ait-Nouri that resulted in the crucial match-winning goal.

Rashford struck the vital blow in the 93rd minute as the Red Devils sunk Wolves 1-0 at Old Trafford to go second in the Premier League table heading into the New Year.

The 23-year-old ran in behind the tiring Ait-Nouri to receive Bruno Fernandes' pass, before cutting inside and finding the back of the net after a wicked deflection off Romain Saiss.

Ait-Nouri went down injured shortly before Fernandes played the assist to Rashford, with the 19-year-old getting up and scrambling to try to get back into position.

Rashford said he noticed the young wing-back struggling with his fitness and aimed to take advantage by constantly running in behind the French defender.

"It’s the deciding goal," Rashford said to reporters post-match. "Probably not the most beautiful but we will take what we can get and take the three points and move on.

"Today was tough but we expected a tough game but managed to get over the line.

"The full-back had cramp a few minutes before so I just had it in my head I wanted to go at him and make him chop and turn and just see if I could make something happen and thankfully in the end we got a deflection.

"It means a lot. We were a little disappointed that we didn’t play as well as we wanted to or could have but it is three points and no matter how scrappy it was we will take it.

----

This is why "football fans" will never ununderstand the sport.

Always chucking their players under the bus, great stuff and acting like they manage the club better than the manager whilst they know the sport better than the footballers.

@Stacks have a look mate

Last edited:

OldTrevil

Has be been given the keys to the city yet? Showing the masses how to be a good capitalist with the charity off the pitch, and showing the players how to shoot and shine on it...

In all seriousness, he should be aiming for 30 goals this season surely

HowieC

He’s the most polarising player I have ever seen.

I was just getting lambasted a couple days ago by the pro-rashford lobby , and knew i would only have to wait a few days for another rollercoaster of a performance.

He has seemed rather lucky lately with chances such as brunos scuffed shot being passed directly to him with the goal yawning in front of him the game before last, and the deflection the last game.

Still i must admit he has probably improved his positioning as it can’t all be luck, having multiple clear chances fall to you every game.

I’m just dismayed at the sheer groupthink in this forum, and need to denigrate posters who are unimpressed by his ability.

When you watch martial you feel a complete player is in there, just lacking the right mentality.

With greenwood, i think we have the next phenomenon, just a little young, and lacking in physicality.

With rashy, he just lacks consistent technique and touch, and only his incredible physicality and sheer determination smooth out his choppy performances. His decision making isn’t good too, and that’s something he must really work on. He isn’t young by any means.

Widow

I thought he was wasteful again last night. His touch is a 50/50 gamble most of the time and both his finishing/heading need work.

That said, he has a habbit of scoring goals, Even when he looks to be having a bang avarage game!

Imagine his numbers if he was to put away some of the easy chances he misses!

Womp

idiot
Goes through some games where he doesn't look as impressive as he can do, but the kid is clutch. He's becoming our go to player when we need something out of nothing, immense talent.

DoomSlayer

I was just getting lambasted a couple days ago by the pro-rashford lobby , and knew i would only have to wait a few days for another rollercoaster of a performance.

He has seemed rather lucky lately with chances such as brunos scuffed shot being passed directly to him with the goal yawning in front of him the game before last, and the deflection the last game.

Still i must admit he has probably improved his positioning as it can’t all be luck, having multiple clear chances fall to you every game.

I’m just dismayed at the sheer groupthink in this forum, and need to denigrate posters who are unimpressed by his ability.

When you watch martial you feel a complete player is in there, just lacking the right mentality.

With greenwood, i think we have the next phenomenon, just a little young, and lacking in physicality.

With rashy, he just lacks consistent technique and touch, and only his incredible physicality and sheer determination smooth out his choppy performances. His decision making isn’t good too, and that’s something he must really work on. He isn’t young by any means.
Absolutely delusional. Martial is oozing quality, but Rashford is trash. :houllier:

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
The confidence his teammates have in him says it all. Our players behind the front three are mostly looking to pass the ball to him from any angle as they know he will get it and is the best bet to get something out of it.

MetoTTT

I really love the lad and the player as much I liked Rooney. I'm criticising him often because like Rooney, I really rate him, and want him to do a lot better. That's all about expectation about a player and what you think he's capable of. When AWB is average, well he's average but when this kind of players who you rate highly are average, they're bad for me because you know they are another level/talent/expectation.
It's so frustrating to watch him sometimes. One thing I still can't get is why he doesn't chase the ball as he did 2-3 years ago.

Last edited:

DoomSlayer

I really love the lad and the player as much I liked Rooney. I'm criticising him often because like Rooney, I really rate him, and want him to do a lot better. That's all about expectation about a player and what you think he's capable of. When AWB is average, well he's average but when this kind of players who you rate highly are average, they're bad for me because you know they are another lever/talent/expectation.
It's so frustrating to watchhim sometimes. One thing I still can't get is why he doesn't chase the ball as he did 2-3 years ago.
Marcus is the new Wazza for sure. Underappreciated, criticised in some very vile ways by their own fans, rushed into games with injuries, which can/did hamper their careers just for the sake of club/country.

And just like Rooney, the fanbase will realise what we had when Rashford is gone. Hopefully that's not the case, but it seems so currently.

Doracle

Absolutely delusional. Martial is oozing quality, but Rashford is trash. :houllier:
90% of Howie’s posts are telling anyone who will listen how Rashford lacks talent, should be dropped and is nowhere near the level of our other forwards. Even posts on other players’ performance threads generally involve a comment on “Rashy”. Either Rashford stole his lunch money at primary school or he’s on the wind up.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

I like the way you finish this post with a sentence that is a blatant lie but fits your agenda nicely. Obviously hoping nobody will check his actual age. Verrrrrrrry sneaky. 10/10.

simplyared

People need to stop criticising him. Noticed on the matchday forum yesterday how many posters calling out Shearer for saying Marcus was our best player at half time. Ok he misses a chance or two but look he's the one who is making the runs, finding spaces, making things happen. I'm soooo glad we have him in our team. This "his decision making is bad bla bla bla" is becoming tiresome to read. Get a grip ffs!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hes a top coach away from making a Sterling like leap. All the elements are there

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

Did you see his interview to Goal?

How he targeted Ait Nouri because he recognised he was feeling cramped? Earlier on in the game and it ended up leading to a goal.

Bloody fantastic and it shows the type of mentality Rashford has that is probably the best or second best mentality in the whole squad. It routinely leads us to him performing. Talk about decision making - what a damn decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.