5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

KD6-3.7

I can’t tell if his decision making is getting worst or just getting more selfish.

Heinzesight

Looked a bit sulky tonight but showed some lovely footwork on the edge of the box but just lacked that precision.

Fracture90

Absolutely horrendous tonight, hard to watch. It's as if on some games he forgets his football IQ in the dressing room. That being said he made massive improvements to his ball control.

Hoof the ball

The most accurate thing anyone can say about Rashford is that he's extraordinarily talented with a penchant for both the sublime and the atrocious in equal measure. His individual moments of brilliant often obscure his frequent moments of poor decision making. There are alternative outcomes that might result in more goals if Marcus saw, or attempted the unselfish pass instead of persisting with bundling through crowds of defenders. He doesn't often realise that he draws groups of defenders to him..........and since he often doesn't recognise that he doesn't see the space it leaves for other players to finish counter-attacks.

MiracleInMadrid

He needs to realize that we aren't depending on him doing something spectacular all the time, like we have in earlier seasons. He doesn't strike me as a particularly selfish player in general, but lately he has taken the wrong decision too many times. I think he overthinks his role and the situations he gets in on the pitch. I expect him too grow from it though, so I am not conserned. But we need more competition in his position. Might be the thing we are missing to get him more focussed and disciplined in games like today.

DRM

A bit selfish tonight, should've passed to others instead of going for glory all the time. But he was busy and cuased the villa defenders issues

siw2007

He was a little unlucky he was coming onto his left.

My god he’s so skilful, he’s really becoming an excellent footballer, his energy and stretching of defenders, his skill, his passing even.

He’s some player, it didn’t quite come off for him tonight but he keeps going and we need to say to him to keep going and be Marcus Rashford.
Exactly. Isn’t always going to come off but he needs to keep trying because his pace and skill is causing all sorts of problems for opposition defenders.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Looks knackered to me but he's always a threat.

Copa Mundial

For me he lacks composure when shooting. Does the hard work and then just seems intent on mullering the ball as hard as possible. Needs to calm down a bit in front of goal imo.

The United

His decision making was terrible. Rashford last season developed a playmaking ability after the break.

But, this season, he seems to abandon it and back to his selfish habits lately.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Exactly. Isn’t always going to come off but he needs to keep trying because his pace and skill is causing all sorts of problems for opposition defenders.
If he was playing for real Madrid and doing some of the skills he was doing and all around tormenting defenders (that bit of skill he did to get the ball onto his right for example), we would want him so much at our club.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
People make out he's taking shots when there's a team mate with a tap in available :rolleyes:

People need to start realising he's getting to that top tier level now and with that is a degree of selfishness, he's no different to Bruno in that respect. If he doesn't take these shots on you don't get match winners like against Wolves

siw2007

If he was playing for real Madrid and doing some of the skills he was doing and all around tormenting defenders (that bit of skill he did to get the ball onto his right for example), we would want him so much at our club.
Definitely, he’s one of the most exciting players in Europe at the moment.

amsoUG

Marucs Rashford is as good or much better than any player who has ever come through our academy.

Any 'fan' criticising him is talking utter dung.

He will prove to be our greatest ever academy graduate.
This is all out drivel! Have some respect for Bobby Charlton, George Best, Scholes & Giggs.

He has the tools to be great, his decision making is still very lacking -- so he is more of a disorganised tool box.

Dan_F

His decision making was terrible. Rashford last season developed a playmaking ability after the break.

But, this season, he seems to abandon it and back to his selfish habits lately.
He made plenty of decent passes today, beat his man quite a few times, and on a different day definitely could have scored at least once.

I honestly don’t know what people are expecting sometimes.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
People make out he's taking shots when there's a team mate with a tap in available :rolleyes:

People need to start realising he's getting to that top tier level now and with that is a degree of selfishness, he's no different to Bruno in that respect. If he doesn't take these shots on you don't get match winners like against Wolves
Completely agree, it’s easy from the sky cameras to see a pass, but where he is it’s tough, and honestly I want him to be selfish, sometimes it doesn’t come off but oh my god he’s a nightmare for a defender.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I can’t tell if his decision making is getting worst or just getting more selfish.
Selfish Rashford is worst Rashford

This is how he usually plays when hes low on confidence and has not scored in a while, but this was pretty bad from him. I like players taking responsibility and taking chances, but he tends to go a bit overboard with it and its not like hes aware at all of the players around him

There was one moment in first half when there was a loose ball at the edge of their box, Rashford has his back turned towards goal and Martial comes towards it ready to shoot and Marcus seemingly snatches it right before him and tries to turn into the defender instead of leaving it to his teammate

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Really enjoyed how he picked it up deep and ran with momentum at his full back. Some quality nutmegs as well which were utter filth - and I like how he cuts in and drives into the space fluidly... just needs to perfect that weak foot shooting and he will be a threat on the right more often than not.

Not sure how you can call that a horrendous performance - a typical Rashford performance which has lots of errors but still looked very dangerous and carried ball well and got some dangerous shots off.

Fracture90

The way he was selfishly hoarding all the balls in the attack, one would think he's a 9th century viking warrior hoarding goodies for the afterlife

The United

He made plenty of decent passes today, beat his man quite a few times, and on a different day definitely could have scored at least once.

I honestly don’t know what people are expecting sometimes.
We expect a talent like Rashford to make better decisions. What were those plenty of decent passes that helped us create or score?

It was like watching peak Ronaldo trying to raid a whole defense alone at times. But, yeah obviously, Rashford is not that good yet.

Ludens the Red

Let me rephrase, "absolutely shockingly horrendous tonight".
Honestly, I don’t know what planet you and a few others who’ve posted in here in this last page are on.
I can only conclude that a lot of people are expecting Rashford to produce peak Messi level performances every week to not come in here and completely trash his performance.

Fracture90

Honestly, I don’t know what planet you and a few others who’ve posted in here in this last page are on.
I can only conclude that a lot of people are expecting Rashford to produce peak Messi level performances every week to not come in here and completely trash his performance.
Ye, ye, bugger off.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Rolled my eyes when there was a potential lay-off for Martial to strike it ,only for Rashford to get the ball and needlessly dribble into 3 players.

amsoUG

The Wolves play was a measured gamble considering our state in the game, but he is deliberately, childishly refusing to play in his fellow attackers. That will be his downfall because not only will he be frustrating to the fans but also to his teammates.

Robert

Was a real live wire tonight, such a threat running at players and I like he’s looking dangerous when coming from the right. Only thing missing was a goal but that can’t be expected every game. His end product has been great this season otherwise.

charlenefan

Selfish Rashford is worst Rashford

This is how he usually plays when hes low on confidence and has not scored in a while, but this was pretty bad from him. I like players taking responsibility and taking chances, but he tends to go a bit overboard with it and its not like hes aware at all of the players around him

There was one moment in first half when there was a loose ball at the edge of their box, Rashford has his back turned towards goal and Martial comes towards it ready to shoot and Marcus seemingly snatches it right before him and tries to turn into the defender instead of leaving it to his teammate
That's the best example you could come up with that demonstrates this so called selfishness? Him getting in the way of a someone running onto a shot? :rolleyes:

charlenefan

The Wolves play was a measured gamble considering our state in the game, but he is deliberately, childishly refusing to play in his fellow attackers. That will be his downfall because not only will he be frustrating to the fans but also to his teammates.
:lol::lol::lol:

Dan_F

We expect a talent like Rashford to make better decisions. What were those plenty of decent passes that helped us create or score?

It was like watching peak Ronaldo trying to raid a whole defense alone at times. But, yeah obviously, Rashford is not that good yet.
I can’t be bothered arguing about it. He definitely played a through few balls that should have led to better crosses. He hit a screamer a yard over and on another day may have hit two other self made chances better and scored.

It’s just criticism for the sake of it. Bruno played no better if you take away the pen.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s matured. You can tell he’s beating players one on one now purely on experience. He’s creating space for himself with a lot less effort which is great to see - because this was the exact moment C Ronaldo went from a highly entertaining athletic prospect to a goal scoring machine

The United

I can’t be bothered arguing about it. He definitely played a through few balls that should have led to better crosses. He hit a screamer a yard over and on another day may have hit two other self made chances better and scored.

It’s just criticism for the sake of it. Bruno played no better if you take away the pen.
It was just not in this game. He has been a bit like that for a few games in a row. It is good that he scored a few decisive goals.

The criticism for him is more like he could have helped the team score more if he does it or does that 10 times in a game. Not like he is shit and we need to replace him.

Obviously, he is a smart lad. He will figure it out. I just hope he gets the balance right as it would give the team so much help with wasting too much chances while attacking.

amsoUG

If your attacking mates realise that you are selfish, they become hesitant combining with you, they let you combine with defenders - it's a path he does not want to choose because he will most likely fail.

If you have played the game amateur / semi-pro such dynamics happen, they are worse when playing pro as evidently witnessed recently from Benzema's hot mic convo in the tunnel about not passing to a selfish mate.

charlenefan

Excessive use of smilies
If your attacking mates realise that you are selfish, they become hesitant combining with you, they let you combine with defenders - it's a path he does not want to choose because he will most likely fail.

If you have played the game amateur / semi-pro such dynamics happen, they are worse when playing pro as evidently witnessed recently from Benzema's hot mic convo in the tunnel about not passing to a selfish mate.
:lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.