5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gungne

I think he is starting to look a bit tired. Maybe he should rest the next game?

Mr Smith

Thought he was a constant threat today and showed great energy, but his decision making was lacking at times. There was a break in the first half when he had Bruno to his right bearing down on goal and instead turned into traffic and lost the ball, which ended up happening a lot. I like that he's hungry, but I do wish he would be a little more thoughtful in possession. Still one of our most dangerous players though.

Guapa

Love the guy but for f*ck sake he needs to develop his game.Can't keep relying on a canon of a right foot to get the job done.Far too waste full in front of goal and with his passing.

Vernon Philander

Too much on the selfish side of play today, but wasn't a terrible overall performance. It also shows growing confidence. Just still can't shake the feeling his decision making is not as fine tuned as it could be for a potentially top level player.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Is there something you want to add to the discussion other than smileys? which btw only show your petulance and immaturity.
ive posted my thoughts twice already tonight, go and read them if you're that interested

Andersons Dietician

Overall I thought he played pretty well, but honestly he just has moments where if I was martial or someone would pull him aside and be like why the hell aren’t you passing. If he started making these crucial decisions like when to pass and when to go alone we’d probably cruise games.

I do think from the 70th minute he looked out on his feet and the pop had gone from his play but he had worked his socks off and was quite impressed that he was getting back and defending.

Walters_19_MuFc

People will moan but yet again I felt he was our most dangerous player in the final third. Definitely think you'd hear the same from the Villa defence. He's just relentless.

Unfortunately, when playing on the right, it means when he cuts in he has to shoot on his left which isn't poor by any means but clearly not as good as his right.

Felt he made some nice jinking runs and linked up really well with AWB, especially in the first half.

Going forward, I want to see him on the right more, especially it means freeing up the left-wing spot for a certain JG7 :p

snk123

ive posted my thoughts twice already tonight, go feck off and read them if you're that interested
Then grow the feck up, get your head out of Rashfords arse and dont repeatedly post smilies to a post that makes a lot of sense.
Clearly you’ve never touched a football.

Rashford really needs to improve his decision making and stop being so selfish!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Then grow the feck up, get your head out of Rashfords arse and dont repeatedly post smilies to a post that makes a lot of sense.
Clearly you’ve never touched a football.

Rashford really needs to improve his decision making and stop being so selfish!
grow up? Because I disagree with someone?

oh and reported as well

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I thought he was very good. This is what I want from Rashford when he doesn't score, put lot of good effort, work his socks off, very threat in going attack, some good chances he had, developed his weak foot recently too and what a pass/link up to Bissaka in first half.

Banana Republic

In all fairness he was quite good in the first 20 minutes or so. A bit erratic even in that spell though.
I was hoping Marcus would have me eat my own words, but it didn’t last.

After that he just regressed and got worst as the game went on, apart from a few moments when he came to life, but flitting in and out of game’s isn’t good enough, when your good bits aren’t even that good.

Loads of comments in this and the post match thread about his poor decision making, selfishness (which I think is more cluelessness) etc.
This is the same problem in almost every match he plays, even the few matches where he’s been a lot better.
The same goes for the overall poor effort and lack of commitment, especially off the ball.
There’s a common and consistent thread to many of the comments being made, that he needs to improve this that and the other.
However, I’m now totally convinced that he just isn’t going to improve, much, if at all. This is all we’re going to get from this lad.

As for the comparisons with the young Ronaldo? Totally ridiculous.
At the same age, Ronaldo was light years ahead of Rashford in skill, effort, commitment and end product.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Wouldn't play him in either of the cup games, same with Fernandes, looks gassed.

Adamsk7

I never understand the criticism he gets. He is literally our most dangerous player (and I include Fernandes in that!) because he just has players on toast time after time. The diagonal runs in behind he makes are terrifying for defenders and if he squares his man up, there’s a very high percentage chance he’s going past him. Recently his feints and dummies have been so effective that 2/3 players at once are falling for them. He tracks back and works hard for the team too.

and yet sometimes here I feel like I’m reading about a different player.

Nori-

Rashford can be very frustrating to watch sometimes.

He makes a lot of runs which end up with the ball or him going into the defender and us wasting an attack or him missing several chances which should have been converted by his standards.

On the other hand, a lot of the risk he takes in those chances sometimes ends in a goal which is the break we need vs tough stubborn defences.

Overall i's say keep doing what he does as its working at the moment but maybe work on finishing to take him to the next level. (P.s I'm typing all this sat on the sofa eating Pringles........you don't have to take my advice Rashford mate)

HowieC

In all fairness he was quite good in the first 20 minutes or so. A bit erratic even in that spell though.
I was hoping Marcus would have me eat my own words, but it didn’t last.

After that he just regressed and got worst as the game went on, apart from a few moments when he came to life, but flitting in and out of game’s isn’t good enough, when your good bits aren’t even that good.

Loads of comments in this and the post match thread about his poor decision making, selfishness (which I think is more cluelessness) etc.
This is the same problem in almost every match he plays, even the few matches where he’s been a lot better.
The same goes for the overall poor effort and lack of commitment, especially off the ball.
There’s a common and consistent thread to many of the comments being made, that he needs to improve this that and the other.
However, I’m now totally convinced that he just isn’t going to improve, much, if at all. This is all we’re going to get from this lad.

As for the comparisons with the young Ronaldo? Totally ridiculous.
At the same age, Ronaldo was light years ahead of Rashford in skill, effort, commitment and end product.
Agreed. At the same age ronaldo won the ballon d or. Rashy is still having trouble with nasic awareness around him.

The redcafe thought police was on my case with my criticism of him, just had to wait for the next match.

I never understand the criticism he gets. He is literally our most dangerous player (and I include Fernandes in that!) because he just has players on toast time after time. The diagonal runs in behind he makes are terrifying for defenders and if he squares his man up, there’s a very high percentage chance he’s going past him. Recently his feints and dummies have been so effective that 2/3 players at once are falling for them. He tracks back and works hard for the team too.

Agreed. He’s our most dangerous attacker in terms of committing defensive and over again. He’s surpassed Martial in that respect.

Trip721

Like most, Rashford is frustrating and yet at times exciting to watch. He seems to have license for Ole to do as much 1v1 as he wants with a focus on goal first, pass second, even if that pass is the better option.

Too often he slows the play up to try a step over and dribble and while it may fail most of the times, the times it’s succeeds it produces a goal or good opportunity. Ole must view that it’s a better opportunity comes from these chances than having Rashford try to pass it off.

In any event, as an arm chair general, I’d like him to reduce the 90% dribble/step over to 75% with one extra pass. But again I’m on the couch and not the manager who likely has a better idea than me.

Threesus

I have higher expectations of him than Martial to be honest. I honestly believe that if he was under Pep or Klopp, he would have taken his game to the next level.

Dante

Average bang
Playing off the right, his shooting was off and his crossing was underpar.

If we're going to play the same front 4 again, I'd like to see Rashford on the left with Pogba on the right. You'd at least be getting Pogba's crossing ability that way.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I thought he was kind of poor by his standards. Suspect decision making at times, and a few of his team mates were left frustrated as a result.

Needs a rest.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
If your attacking mates realise that you are selfish, they become hesitant combining with you, they let you combine with defenders - it's a path he does not want to choose because he will most likely fail.

If you have played the game amateur / semi-pro such dynamics happen, they are worse when playing pro as evidently witnessed recently from Benzema's hot mic convo in the tunnel about not passing to a selfish mate.
You're way too dramatic man :lol:
Benzema has been playing well with Vinicius since that moment, pro footballers do not all like each other but they all have the same goal.
Rashford can be selfish and annoying in some instances but he is nowhere near what you described

Red_toad

Agreed. At the same age ronaldo won the ballon d or. Rashy is still having trouble with nasic awareness around him.

The redcafe thought police was on my case with my criticism of him, just had to wait for the next match.
He's not Ronaldo, why the need to compare him to possibly the best player of his generation? If all players are given that level to attain to, then they'll all fail. Love Marcus, top bloke and top player. I'm sure all top teams would love him in their team, but still there's be the odd few plebs who'd just moan about him all the time.

marktan

He's not Ronaldo, why the need to compare him to possibly the best player of his generation? If all players are given that level to attain to, then they'll all fail. Love Marcus, top bloke and top player. I'm sure all top teams would love him in their team, but still there's be the odd few plebs who'd just moan about him all the time.
Exactly, Nani sufferered from this too. Turned into a top player in 2020 Marcus.

united for life

People will moan but yet again I felt he was our most dangerous player in the final third. Definitely think you'd hear the same from the Villa defence. He's just relentless.

Unfortunately, when playing on the right, it means when he cuts in he has to shoot on his left which isn't poor by any means but clearly not as good as his right.

Felt he made some nice jinking runs and linked up really well with AWB, especially in the first half.

Going forward, I want to see him on the right more, especially it means freeing up the left-wing spot for a certain JG7 :p
that’s what I still can’t have myself accept. Do we need to play Rashford out of position to accommodate Grealish? Jack is a fantastic player, but do we really need to do that? Rashford’s right foot is a rocket, why take that out of his game? Also, over the last 2 seasons, he’s established himself as a LW. At one point he was our striker. Now we want to shift him to the right? Why do this to him? It hurts his game.

sign jack and play him on the right? Does that work? Our front 3 shifts positions during games anyways. Would that work? Not sure. but what i’m sure of is that Rashford on the left is our second best player and that is a position we don’t need to change. We don’t want to go back to a place where we sign players just because they are good without thinking how they’ll slide into the team. Would Jack work on the right? The answer to that question would determine whether we should sign him or not in my opinion

RashyForPM

Grealish showed last night that he’s probably a better LCM/CAM than LW. He’ll fit in perfectly without having to move Rashford or Bruno out of position. Imagine having this team next season:

DDG
Aarons Bailly Maguire Shaw
Fred
Bruno Grealish
Sancho Martial Rashford

We’ll be able to make these signings using the Pogba money and Sancho’s decreased value with his poorer performances and one year off his contract. Now, that is a title-winning team if I’ve ever seen one. Let’s hope it’s a team to retain the title :D

manunited1919

Rashford is so commited and dedicated, he may be dead tired but he will keep on going, he may be carrying an injury, and he will keep going. Which is the reason the manager needs to make the decision to rest him.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I thought he played very good. Well, maybe he should've passed the ball to players in better scoring positions, but he's in really good form and always a threat. Looks fast and good on the ball, lately his dribbling has improved as well.

I think he is better on the right, he has a lot of space to run into, and his movement isn't obvious (like when he plays from the left). Our play is more balanced as well. He was involved a lot which is an improvement on Greenwood.

I am surprised so many people are saying he was poor. He didn't have any clear cut chances, he created space for himself to shoot a couple of times against tight defense. I'd say one of his best performances this season. The shooting could've been better, but not too worried.

spiriticon

I think Rashford is our best choice on the right wing. He needs to make a few adjustments to his game but I believe he can do it.

Trip721

The boy is really tired, physically and mentally. We need to rest him.
This...he is playing every single game, every minute of every single game. Give him a game off, you're going to wear the guy down over the long haul.

SAFMUTD

He did well yesterday, his decision making lets him down at times but he's energetic and never stops running.

He seemed somewhat tired though, we should give him some rest. Explosive players are just one sprint away from a muscular injury and if we have to play Daniel James instead of him I would lose my mind.

Walters_19_MuFc

that’s what I still can’t have myself accept. Do we need to play Rashford out of position to accommodate Grealish? Jack is a fantastic player, but do we really need to do that? Rashford’s right foot is a rocket, why take that out of his game? Also, over the last 2 seasons, he’s established himself as a LW. At one point he was our striker. Now we want to shift him to the right? Why do this to him? It hurts his game.

sign jack and play him on the right? Does that work? Our front 3 shifts positions during games anyways. Would that work? Not sure. but what i’m sure of is that Rashford on the left is our second best player and that is a position we don’t need to change. We don’t want to go back to a place where we sign players just because they are good without thinking how they’ll slide into the team. Would Jack work on the right? The answer to that question would determine whether we should sign him or not in my opinion
Yeah, to be fair, I agree with everything you say. I guess its because im such a big fan of Grealish.

I do think Ole will continue pushing for Sancho, who will slot in perfectly on our right side and will possibly cost less than Grealish now.

Silverman

Anyone else think that he could do with improving his workrate slightly?
His technical ability has improved a lot which is great but he walks around too much. Unless it's down to tiredness which is a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.