5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silas

How the hell did he last the whole game?

Like I've said in the past, if Sancho comes it's him that has to be worried.

Frank White

Always bottles it on the big occasions.

Last season against Sevilla and now Villarreal this season.
Yeah he’s utter shite in big games was terrible in Paris, numerous stinkers against Liverpool and City. Don’t even bring up that time in Leipzig either.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
disgraceful form he's been for the last, what, 3 months?

I'm guessing he's carrying an injury again and it's not his or anyone elses fault

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I think there was a reason he wasn't the highest rated in his youth team and was fortunate to get his break down to injuries.

Clearly he is talented but he is nowhere the level of a starting wide forward for a club of our size.

He's had great moments and can out in good performances, but he also has a lot of poor games where you can see his lack of close control, technique and dribbling ability.

He shouldn't start against low block teams. Ever.

Ludens the Red

Probably his worse ever performance for us. He won’t but I hope he pulls out of the euros and takes a break. Something is wrong. At the very least he’s done more then enough to lose his place in the England team so if that keeps him away from the pitch for a while it’s a blessing.

Always bottles it on the big occasions.
Nah, he's had some really big, memorable moments in big games. PSG twice for the obvious examples.

Woeful tonight though.

My biggest problem - again - is that he has the biggest luxury role in world football and hasn't done nearly enough to merit it. It's shameful watching a 34 year old Cavani run past a walking Rashford to defend and press for him. Aside from that, his general attitude on the pitch is just dogshit. Solskjaer doesn't help him with the 'My Rashy shall always play" stuff either.

I loved him when he broke through...but it's really, really hard to like a player who does so little out of possession and who strolls through games like he does.

Fergie said in his book "You can forgive a lot of things on a football pitch, but lack of effort isn't one"...and for me that's pretty accurate.

el3mel

His performance today can actually be hands down the worst performance I have seen from a United player in a European final and this includes the crap 2011 one but at least this one was against fecking Barca not Villareal.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Only consistently effective when he has space to run in to. He's pretty poor in tight spaces and his decision making is horrific. Unfortunately, he's been given full creative license by our manager to do as he please when he has the ball. No top manager would indulge his level of carelessness in possession. But heck, when you're game plan is just hoping for occasional moments of brilliance, Rashford won't be told to do any different.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
This is a kind of awkward interview, think someone needs to stop him talking, it's not helping.

Banana Republic

Rashford has been voted worst player in the Caf match player ratings, more than any other player this season.

Ole clearly is one of those people who get a fixed believe in his head and then blanks out repeated evidence to the contrary, time after time.
Like bashing your head against a wall time and time again and not learning.
He did it with repeatedly playing Lingard, even though it was evident to almost everyone on the planet that he was shit and not improving.
It’s no surprise that Ole hasn’t wised up and dropped Rashford.

Rashford is being interviewed as I type, saying to win, you need to fight and give a 110%, make a sacrifice, etc, etc, Loads of passion with it.
Ironic. He needs to look in the mirror.

Dan_F

Terrible performance, but giving an interview that I’ve never seen from him before.

Heinzesight

Talking about his ‘foot’...get it sorted before the Euros then and make a sacrifice for United. He’ll play in the Euros (terribly)...then have an operation and be out for the start of next season.

Do your talking on the pitch...you’ve been terrible for months.

pablo__p

Nah, he's had some really big, memorable moments in big games. PSG twice for the obvious examples.

Woeful tonight though.

My biggest problem - again - is that he has the biggest luxury role in world football and hasn't done nearly enough to merit it. It's shameful watching a 34 year old Cavani run past a walking Rashford to defend and press for him. Aside from that, his general attitude on the pitch is just dogshit. Solskjaer doesn't help him with the 'My Rashy shall always play" stuff either.

I loved him when he broke through...but it's really, really hard to like a player who does so little out of possession and who strolls through games like he does.

Fergie said in his book "You can forgive a lot of things on a football pitch, but lack of effort isn't one"...and for me that's pretty accurate.

My thoughts exactly.

How come Cavani looked twice as fired up as Rashford?

The Substitute

Must be one of the worst performances we've had for a long time. He's been at this level for a long time now.
If there's an antonym for "team player" then it's him.

Runs into defenders and never succeed. Never a clever pass. I was screaming for a sub at ht, even for the youngsters.

Frank Grimes

Rashford has always been erratic. This idea that he is playing terribly this season is a bit misplaced as outside a 3 month spell last season his performances have never been consistent. The 3 month spell was the anomaly. His decision making has always been crap.
Most overrated player I've seen in well over 30 years supporting the club. Having said that he was extra gash tonight

izec

Ole is his father. We could have Kane, De Bruyne, Sancho, Halaand and Mbappe in the squad, Rashford would still play 90 minutes.

worst player on the pitch lasting 120 minutes :lol:

luke511

The most inconsistent player I've ever seen. The playing with an injury excuse doesn't cover him for his whole career, he's always been this inconsistent bar his first few games for utd and that month or two before his back injury. Consistency wins you medals at the end of the day.

van Nistelrooy

Awful. Dreadful. Terrible.

He's been off the boil for much of the season and prior. It's madness to continue allowing him to start games and survive 90+ minutes. He truely is invincible!

I feel so sorry for Greenwood when he routinely gets hooked off after outperforming Rashford comfortably.

Should be benched at the very least when Martial returns to the left wing and possibly even demoted if Sancho comes in.

Simply put; one of the worst performances I've seen by a player in a United shirt. He gave a passionate, repetitive speech, in his post-match interview, but they're just empty words. They're what we've all heard before and mean very little. Give 110% next season by voluntarily benching yourself.

Mr.Kaya

Another weak performance by him and he just didnt look on at all today. His confidense looks shattered and it looks like his struggling with something these days.

El Jefe

I'm surprised none of his stats basher supporters have tried to credit his deflected shot for the goal as an assist and therefore good performance.

This is what Ole and the team gets. Rashford has been allowed to play as bad as he possibly can but receive a pat on the back because he scores a deflected goal. In the long run this was always going to catch us to him and us. No surprise he's been involved in all these Semi's and now Final we've lost.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
That really was bad. Foyth had him in his pocket for the majority of the game and when he went off, he somehow managed to get worse.

M16Red

I got a warning for putting a T in his name, but I still think that if no one is able to state their opinion, then what's the point of this place.

Poor, I really hope he opens his eyes and remembers why he loved this game playing his mates on a field and winning.

klayton88

Rashford still plays like a youth player he has gone backwards in recent years...drastically...and those blaming fictitious ‘injuries’ is embarrassing to the club. He’s selfish and out of his depth at this club.
This guy gets it. If he wasn't English or an academy product he'd be getting shit on by all the 'he's injured' brigade.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I'm absolutely sick to the teeth of him to be honest. Been giving infuriatingly shite performances for as long as I can remember and getting away with it with the odd goal and assist here and there. I think in general he has been abysmal this season and his decision making is pathetic. As I've said before he shouldn't go to the euros. Needs the summer off to recover if injuries are to blame for this and hopefully a clear head he can come back refreshed and can improve his decision making a bit

stw2022

There always seems to be a division of opinion between people who watch him and people who quote stats as to how he’s played

I know long COVID is a thing. Poor love is suffering from long knock

RedDevilRoshi

Woeful tonight though.

What I meant by “bottling it on the big occasions” was in terms of the big games like semi finals & a final, when you know you are on the verge of getting a winners medal around your neck. It just seems like those occasions are too big for him and he crumbles when the silverware is in sight.

When he gets presented with the big chances to score in these big games, he just seems to shit himself like the one tonight in the 2nd half from Bruno’s low cross into the box and the umpteen chances he was presented with against Sevilla in last seasons semi final but constantly kept fluffing his lines.

Agree with everything you said about the work rate and you see how hard Cavani fights and works his backside off without the ball in comparison to Rashford, it just makes me shake my head even more

Godfather

That really was bad. Foyth had him in his pocket for the majority of the game and when he went off, he somehow managed to get worse.
It was actually funny watching him lose out to pretty much every challenge against headband.

Jericholyte2

Just look at the top of the page:
- 57 apps
- 21 goals
- 11 assists

From a player who’s been needing ankle surgery for the last 6 months.

Some people need to have a think.

BoltonWanderer

Supports
Bolton Wanderers
Rashford poses a dilemma for United (and to a lesser extent England) because if you'd asked anyone 12 months ago, you'd say he's a staple for the team for the next decade and beyond. He ticks every single box; from the youth system, a local lad, a hot prospect, very talented, good off the pitch, smart...and all that makes him kind of undroppable. I was listening to talk about what the England team would be in the Euros a while back and they didn't even discuss the front three, it was just Kane, Sterling and Rashford. Even on here, people have been talking about this RW spot, whether Sancho can play there, whether Amad will be good enough and so on...

...and yet underneath all that, Rashford has been awful on the pitch. He's been so wasteful, made so many mistakes, been so quiet and it's only recently that people are cottoning onto the fact that Rashford's place shouldn't be a formality, whether it's for England or United. I looked at him and Greenwood tonight and it got me questioning why anyone would think that Greenwood's spot is up for grabs out of the two. It's like people have stayed with the idea that Rashford was a prospect but now he's a first team starter, but do the performances back that up?

I like Rashford but I hate how the media talk about him, it's just blind to his faults on the pitch. I'm sure United and England would love him to be that staple for their teams over the next decade but right now, I just don't see it. I think he's a long way away from that. He's very difficult to drop but I'm not sure you can justify how he's be a guaranteed starter either, his performances just don't warrant that any more.

Do I think United need to replace him? No, but they need to bring in someone who can replace him if he can't turn this around. You'd still back him to do that but if this current form is permanent, he's just not good enough to start games for United. You can't have any faith that Rashford is going to recover his form and be a staple of the United team over the next decade, so someone like Grealish or Sancho would be a useful addition, either to the squad or as starters if Rashford can't recover.

el3mel

Rashford poses a dilemma for United (and to a lesser extent England) because if you'd asked anyone 12 months ago, you'd say he's a staple for the team for the next decade and beyond. He ticks every single box; from the youth system, a local lad, a hot prospect, very talented, good off the pitch, smart...and all that makes him kind of undroppable. I was listening to talk about what the England team would be in the Euros a while back and they didn't even discuss the front three, it was just Kane, Sterling and Rashford. Even on here, people have been talking about this RW spot, whether Sancho can play there, whether Amad will be good enough and so on...

...and yet underneath all that, Rashford has been awful on the pitch. He's been so wasteful, made so many mistakes, been so quiet and it's only recently that people are cottoning onto the fact that Rashford's place shouldn't be a formality, whether it's for England or United. I looked at him and Greenwood tonight and it got me questioning why anyone would think that Greenwood's spot is up for grabs out of the two. It's like people have stayed with the idea that Rashford was a prospect but now he's a first team starter, but do the performances back that up?

I like Rashford but I hate how the media talk about him, it's just blind to his faults on the pitch. I'm sure United and England would love him to be that staple for their teams over the next decade but right now, I just don't see it. I think he's a long way away from that. He's very difficult to drop but I'm not sure you can justify how he's be a guaranteed starter either, his performances just don't warrant that any more.

Do I think United need to replace him? No, but they need to bring in someone who can replace him if he can't turn this around. You'd still back him to do that but if this current form is permanent, he's just not good enough to start games for United. You can't have any faith that Rashford is going to recover his form and be a staple of the United team over the next decade, so someone like Grealish or Sancho would be a useful addition, either to the squad or as starters if Rashford can't recover.
Rashford overall isn't a terrible player. He definitely has quality.

However it's ridiculous that he's immune to being subbed off or benched when he's having a shit game or in shit form. We keep on playing him again and again and again while subbing off players who are at a better fecking form than him.

He needs to be treated like the rest of the team, that's all in it. When he's good he plays. When he's shit he's benched. He shouldn't be in such undroppable state. It's ridiculous for the team and also for him actually.

RedDevilRoshi

Yeah he’s utter shite in big games was terrible in Paris, numerous stinkers against Liverpool and City. Don’t even bring up that time in Leipzig either.
The only thing I think anyone remembers from that “time in Leipzig” was when we got papped out of the group stages after a 1st half capitulation. Don’t want to be reminded any further of that night as no player left Germany that night with there head held high.

By big occasions I meant like semi-finals and finals when you are on the verge of winning a trophy and getting that winners medal around your neck. He’s bottled it every time at that stage to the part of can he really be trusted at this stage of a competition. Not some random group stage/round of 16 game when there is still a long way to go before you even think about silverware in that particular competition or a league fixture which is nothing other than pride and bragging rights but the bigger picture being it isn’t going to win you the league as you are not even close to mounting a proper title challenge.

The South American Eric Dier had him in his back pocket all game.

Status
Not open for further replies.