Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I have never seen him a creative pass, never seen him play a pass past the line.

Roboc7

Waste of space once again, was a key player at Everton when we bought him but wouldn't even get into their team now. Puts in a lot of effort but most of it is useless and offers no quality.

Kazi

I can understand some of the criticism towards him. But saying he brings nothing to the team when he gets so many minutes under Mourinho... come on now

Jev

Think about the message it sends. Jose is running the first meritocracy at United since Fergie. Rooney out of the team for good, Martial, de Gea, Shaw, Mkhitaryan, etc, all have been dropped, criticized. If you have the right mentality, you can play for Jose. Fellaini has it.

He's a limited player and won't be here long term, I get that. But in the short term, I think this is superb management. The squad knows that if they compete they can take any player's place.
Playing average players in favour of way more talented ones is superb management?

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
I'm sorry but what you're saying is nonsense.
I disagree.

Di Maria is a great example. Most talented player in our squad when he signed, but his mentality was crap. He didn't play under LvG much for that reason. Ozil is another example.

Talent gets you so far, the rest is drive and determination. The absolute best players (see Ronaldo) are a perfect mix of both.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
No, but I have one thing in common with Fellaini. Neither of us are anywhere near good enough for Manchester United.
Fellaini has played under three managers for us. He's clearly good enough for this Manchester United. For Fergie's United, no, definitely not. For Jose's future United, no, probably not. But for this United, yes, he's quite clearly good enough.

AndyJ1985

Fellaini has played under three managers for us. He's clearly good enough for this Manchester United. For Fergie's United, no, definitely not. For Jose's future United, no, probably not. But for this United, yes, he's quite clearly good enough.
So you're arguing that Fellaini is good enough for us if we want to keep finishing 6th. Ok, and the point of that argument is what exactly? Do you want us to finish 6th?

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
So you're arguing that Fellaini is good enough for us if we want to keep finishing 6th. Ok, and the point of that argument is what exactly? Do you want us to finish 6th?
No, I'm arguing that Fellaini is rated by Jose. Shown by him having the captaincy. In the future (read summer), that will change. But for now, he's good enough and the proof is in the fact that he gets selected and has received the armband.

littleman

Fellaini is not a good footballer, and really quite a poor midfielder.

Other than a man-ram that can win aerial balls and impose a physical presence, he is really quite poor at doing what a top midfielder should do -- transition from defense to attack, and transition from attack to defense. I'm not sure why Jose rates him, although I do think he can play a role in any Plan B.

To be fair, Pogba at this point isn't that much better, especially as a midfielder. I think Pogba has clearly better footballing skills but just isn't playing well as a midfielder.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
Fellaini is not a good footballer, and really quite a poor midfielder.
But he is a competitor. Try not to laugh here. But the point I'm making about mentality is that despite being booed by a capacity Old Trafford crowd, Fellaini still goes out and gives his all. OK, he's a bit shit and generally limited, but he gives 110%. Jose rewards that. He's trying to build a winning mentality, to toughen up a bunch of mental weaklings currently in our side (that's my reading of it, at least).

He won't be featuring much next season, but part of management is doing the best you can with what you have available. Going forward, Jose will bring in winners and players of a certain mentality. He's managing now as he intends to continue. That's why it makes sense to me.

AndyJ1985

But he is a competitor. Try not to laugh here. But the point I'm making about mentality is that despite being booed by a capacity Old Trafford crowd, Fellaini still goes out and gives his all. OK, he's a bit shit and generally limited, but he gives 110%. Jose rewards that. He's trying to build a winning mentality, to toughen up a bunch of mental weaklings currently in our side (that's my reading of it, at least).

He won't be featuring much next season, but part of management is doing the best you can with what you have available. Going forward, Jose will bring in winners and players of a certain mentality. He's managing now as he intends to continue. That's why it makes sense to me.
You're praising his effort as if it's some sort of impressive achievement. Giving 100% is the minimum expected from every United player.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
You're praising his effort as if it's some sort of impressive achievement. Giving 100% is the minimum expected from every United player.
Look mate, I agree that he's not a United calibre player. But we're not a traditionally United calibre team. And though 100% is expected of all our players, not all of our players give 100%. Fellaini does.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Thread title update required:

Marouane Fellaini | Undefeated as captain of Manchester United

3KDré

I like Fellaini as a person, because he's a professional who does what is asked of him almost all the time. As a player we all know his limitations but people still bash him for it- it ain't his fault.

Played well today I thought.

ravi2

I hate seeing him start for United...but captain?!
Wtf Jose...he is such a waste of space in the midfield. I wish we kept Bastian and sold him.

I don't understand what Jose sees in him, but if Lingard is worth £100k a week then anything is possible I suppose.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Did his job well today. Won the ball back and played the simple ball to more gifted players. Silly yellow card but that aside a good game.

pascell

Personally I thought he did well. You know you're not going to get a creative masterclass from him, you're going to get someone who'll put himself about, win the ball back and lay it to someone who will pull the strings.

For the period the club is in, when we need to fight for the points and 'rough it up' in many games against the smaller teams battling relegation, he's exactly what we need and is what we'll get from Mourinho as he'll do anything to make sure the team gets 3 points.

Walters_19_MuFc

Steady performance by Fellaz today. Nothing speial, but got up and down the pitch and won the ball back well.

Hoping Jose sticks to a three man midfield now, with three of Fellaini, Carrick, Herrera and Pogba.

We definitely need to add at least one midfielder to that list for next season, though. Preferably a holding midfielder.

DizeeGorilla20

I thought he was very good today, MOTM in fact, however as always, I don't believe he's good enough for United.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He's a central midfielder - today Captain - of Manchester United and people are saying he played 'well' today? Good grief how standards have fallen.

Look around world football, or our history, and put Fellaini up against any other central midfielder. It's an utter joke.

Being able to follow instructions should be the bare minimum to become a professional footballer. Not enough to get you into a United squad. We'll win nothing of note while he is playing in central midfield for us.

Devil may care

When he tries anything but a short sidways ball to a wide open player it almsot always ends up failing, he's terrible, I don't give a shit if he's Jose's lapdog or not.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Just give Zlatan the captains armband ffs, we all know Jose wants too, but doesn't want to disrespect the "old guard".

Kostur

海尔的老板
When he tries anything but a short sidways ball to a wide open player it almsot always ends up failing, he's terrible, I don't give a shit if he's Jose's lapdog or not.
Don't know about it really, Herrera's made just 5 more succesful forward passes today compared with him with roughly same % completion (83% Ander's to 85% Fellaini's).

Oakie

Just give Zlatan the captains armband ffs, we all know Jose wants too, but doesn't want to disrespect the "old guard".
Ibra does not want to be captain when will you muppits get this.

was solid did his job in a 3-0 win

Devil may care

Don't know about it really, Herrera's made just 5 more succesful forward passes today compared with him with roughly same % completion (83% Ander's to 85% Fellaini's).
Ander's passing wasn't great either, he's become better at winning the ball than using it, but his control, agility and movement is far superiror.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Ander's passing wasn't great either, he's become better at winning the ball than using it, but his control, agility and movement is far superiror.
Not denying it in the slightest, merely pointing out that the 'nothing but sideways passes' simply isn't true for Fellaini.

Status
Not open for further replies.