Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

prath92

Well if he didn't play Fellaini who would he play? Like I said we're not blessed with options. He inherited a squad from someone else, just because he's given him a few games doesn't mean he rates him.
He could have played Schneiderlin or schweinsteiger if he didn't rate Fellaini. Fellaini played from the first game so it's not like Jose realised during the season that Fellaini was slightly better and started playing him. It was obvious from day 1 that he rated him.

stevoc

Oh yes. Maybe your eyes can manage United then.

If Jose didn't feel he was good, he wouldn't play him. Like how he did to guys like Schneiderlin or Memphis
Mourinho publicly stated he wouldn't play either of them because they wanted to leave, not that he didn't rate them.

Had Fellaini asked to leave he wouldn't get a game either.[/QUOTE]

stevoc

Thats now 3 consecutive managers of ours who seem to value him very highly as an invaluable member of our team.

But I guess armchair geniuses here know better than the paid professionals obviously. :rolleyes:
So if you ever express an opinion on here about a player or team selection that differs from the current managers thinking does that mean you think you know better than a paid professional also?

You agree with every single decision Mourinho makes do you?

prath92

Why not? Both highly expensive flops from lower clubs in the division.
Except that it's not the same. One was brought into score goals and didn't do that and was sold by the next manager of that club.

The other was brought to add a little steel to the midfield and he continues to play under 2 other managers.

It's not that difficult to find out the difference.

Anderlecht 1:1 Man Utd

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Except that it's not the same. One was brought into score goals and didn't do that and was sold by the next manager of that club.

The other was brought to add a little steel to the midfield and he continues to play under 2 other managers.

It's not that difficult to find out the difference.
They're both widely considered bad at their respective jobs. It's not hard to find similarities either.

2 man midfield

I'm talking about the present not the future. Clearly mourinho does rate him
Does he though? It's not an absolute, it's a spectrum. Out of 10 he might only rate him a 5, but given our lack of options in that area he's got little choice.

prath92

Does he though? It's not an absolute, it's a spectrum. Out of 10 he might only rate him a 5, but given our lack of options in that area he's got little choice.
Except that mourinho has been playing him since the first game.

If he didn't he wouldn't play him. We had options till January and yet chose him often either to start or from the bench.

2 man midfield

Except that mourinho has been playing him since the first game.

If he didn't he wouldn't play him. We had options till January and yet chose him often either to start or from the bench.
As I said it's a spectrum, he can rate Morgan and Bastian less than Fellaini and yet still not rate Fellaini.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The Belgians seem quite fond of their star player

dirkey

Yep. Lovely of him to stop running back there when he reached edge of hte box.

acnumber9

Brought on to help us defend a lead. Stands and watches a midfielder head the ball in.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Just watch him on the goal. Just f*cking watch.

The fresh, 'defensive' midfielder.

Disgusting.

AndyJ1985

Bringing this turd on and trying to shut up shop is horrible and my main criticism of Jose this season. Go for the fecking kill and try and win games convincingly for a change.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Not captain. Not good.

Captain. Good.

Simples.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
how many times are we going to make the same fecking mistake?

he's absolutely fecking shit while attacking or defending. maybe he's hiding a vagina under all that hair, because that seems like the only plausible reason for Jose taking a fancy to this turd.

2 man midfield

Doing his best impression of a statue as Doncaster peels off him. Great.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Guys, he's not there to there to track his man in midfield. His job is to provide a "presence", run around and pass the ball to the nearest team mate he sees.

iKeano

Goal 100% his fault.

Fellaini off the pitch = winning 1-0
Fellaini on the pitch = losing 1-0

Utter garbage.

Roboc7

lazy and it cost us a goal, he did it five minutes before that as well just jogging back ball watching.

It's a default sub to bring him on but he doesn't contribute enough to be used so often, would have been better with ten men.

AndyJ1985

Bringing him on to defend a lead brings my piss to a boil. He's a lumbering clumsy oaf who is shit at football. He was shit when we bought him and he's just as shit now. He's the miserable remnant of Moyes' miserable reign. Can't wait until he's gone.

dirkey

I do love how people claim he "always tries his hardest" when I see a useless lump ambling around the field, time and time again. Positionally .. beyond suspect, he's just downright appalling. Completely at fault for the goal, and yet, I full expect to see him start against Chelsea. If I never see him in a United shirt again it'll be too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.