Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jev

You have to wonder why the Anderlecht fans jeered when he came on, seeing as his introduction improved their chances tenfold.

R'hllor

Nah,play him like LvG used him in midfield 3 with point back,he can chest those balls around box as long as wants,i dont care but when i see him in that midfield two to be a player for build a play vs parked bus or defending...just fecking stop

tomaldinho1

Grimly predictable that we would concede once he came and got his treacle covered boots on the ball. Every week I think I must be mad, 3 managers in a row love him but he is so obviously crap!?!?

Jaybomb

He is the worst. I've never been saddened to see a player walk on the pitch for us, but that's where it's at with him. He can't pass, he doesn't score, he can't tackle, he can't run and we look worse when he's playing.

I'd rather Jose got out there himself.
He was better than Pogba today. And he does score and tackle but nobody chooses to acknowledge it. He could score the winner in the CL final and everyone would still slate him. You can't win with some people.

Shuriken

I'm so sick of some of you guys in this thread. Stop the hate please.
No hate from me, but he's not being used properly. He's not a defensive midfielder and shouldn't be used as one.

Otherwise I like Fellaini, he should be used in other ways.

Baxter

You have to wonder why the Anderlecht fans jeered when he came on, seeing as his introduction improved their chances tenfold.
He played for Liege back in Belgium. Still, I can understand Fellaini still being here, but Jose seems to love him which is weird.

Man-United

No hate from me, but he's not being used properly. He's not a defensive midfielder and shouldn't be used as one.

Otherwise I like Fellaini and he can be used in other ways.
Great post.

Do it like this guy and don't hate.

ManUtd1999

It shouldn't have been 1 fecking nil anyway.

Blaming Fellaini cause we couldn't finish off Anderlecht is delusional. We should be putting 4 or 5 past these mugs. Look at the likes of Pogba, Rashford, Martial, Lingard. Those guys let us down today, NOT Fellaini.

Stop scapegoating him ffs.
Thanks for being rational and honest.

We barely scored goals, and yet Fellaini is the only one me to blame. Our "creative" players can't score and then you become vulnerable to individual mistakes. And in fact, others should be blamed for that goal too, but Fellaini is an easy target.

I hope he will be our captain next game.

iKeano

Blaming Fellaini cause we couldn't finish off Anderlecht is delusional. We should be putting 4 or 5 past these mugs. Look at the likes of Pogba, Rashford, Martial, Lingard. Those guys let us down today, NOT Fellaini.

:wenger:

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre

This is Fellaini thread. There's plenty of room to talk about other players in their respectable threads.

People are not blaming him for lack of goals but because how he wasted all defensive effort that was also key to get a good result.

AndyJ1985

We barely scored goals, and yet Fellaini is the only one me to blame. Our "creative" players can't score and then you become vulnerable to individual mistakes. And in fact, others should be blamed for that goal too, but Fellaini is an easy target.

Fans like you are unbearable. You care more about individuals than you do about what's best for the club.

ManUtd1999

Fans like you are unbearable. You care more about individuals than you do about what's best for the club.
That's a lie. A big big lie.

I defend him of the abuse, but I don't think that he should be a starter. Nor I think that he is great. I just think that he is a good squad player.

Djemba-Djemba

Wum

Suedesi

:wenger:

WUM surely

Zoo

He was the poor on the goal we conceded. Our poor finishing doesn't excuse him for that.

AndyJ1985

That's a lie. A big big lie.

I defend him of the abuse, but I don't think that he should be a starter. Nor I think that he is great. I just think that he is a good squad player.
Wanting Fellaini to captain United either makes you a WUM or somebody who loves Fellaini more than United. Either way it's pathetic.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

This is true and I agree.

I however would like to add that the defensive work by Fellaini on their goal was disgraceful. I can understand people like Zlatan (who was also bad today) thinking they're too big for tracking their man back but when you're as limited as Fellaini, you'd think you'd put in more effort, especially when you're been brought on to defend a lead.

I hope Mourinho goes back to Carrington, see the video of that goal and comes to the conclusion that we can use somebody else to close out games.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

our team was winning until he came on the pitch

led_scholes

He actually has Fellaini as the highest rated player :lol::lol:

Probably works for fellaini's pr team so cant blame him for trying to prove that donkeys can fly

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I don't have much of a problem with Fellaini, and he has many uses. But he is just not the man to bring on to see out a narrow win. When he comes on to do just that, he always seems to be the one to blame for the goal we inevitably concede.

He is a useful player, but he just seems to lack the concentration to see games out like that.

We should have kept turning the screw. We didn't need to sit back and take their blows.

PepsiCola

Atrocious marking for the goal we conceded.

Deserves to be called out for it, it's not scapegoating. His poor marking cost us a goal which makes him liable in the end result.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
This is true and I agree.

I however would like to add that the defensive work by Fellaini on their goal was disgraceful. I can understand people like Zlatan (who was also bad today) thinking they're too big for tracking their man back but when you're as limited as Fellaini, you'd think you'd put in more effort, especially when you're been brought on to defend a lead.

I hope Mourinho goes back to Carrington, see the video of that goal and comes to the conclusion that we can use somebody else to close out games.
I'm not sure it's a lack of effort tbf, he was defensively suspect at Everton too. I just don't think the positional sense, concentration and discipline required to be strong defensively is part of his game, whether he's trying his best of not.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He was better than Pogba today. And he does score and tackle but nobody chooses to acknowledge it. He could score the winner in the CL final and everyone would still slate him. You can't win with some people.
Absolutely mental.

Bottom line with Fellaini, no other team with title aspirations would ever sign him, let alone have him halfway through his 4th season at their club. His few positives (and I fully acknowledge there are some) don't even begin to put a dent into his many negatives.

Crazy we signed him and crazy he's still here.

And I'll be perfectly honest, nobody could ever convince me otherwise.

Djemba-Djemba

I don't have much of a problem with Fellaini, and he has many uses. But he is just not the man to bring on to see out a narrow win. When he comes on to do just that, he always seems to be the one to blame for the goal we inevitably concede.

He is a useful player, but he just seems to lack the concentration to see games out like that.

We should have kept turning the screw. We didn't need to sit back and take their blows.
What are they?

I can think of chesting the ball and nodding the ball in at the back post every 10 or 12 games.

What are his other uses?

AndyJ1985

He actually has Fellaini as the highest rated player :lol::lol:

Probably works for fellaini's pr team so cant blame him for trying to prove that donkeys can fly
I never noticed that. It proves he's just a wum then and not worth wasting time on.

It's like that nick fella who gave Rooney an average rating of 8.3 this season.

AndyJ1985

Better than Pogba :lol:

We have another WUM here.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I'm not sure it's a lack of effort tbf, he was defensively suspect at Everton too. I just don't think the positional sense and concentration required to be strong defensively is part of his game, whether he's trying his best of not.
Well whatever it is, he's lacking. Why are we closing games out with him again?

An Irish Red

When the only positive about you is your height you know you're a bad player.

We could stick Chris Smalling in midfield and tell him to pass to whoever happens to be beside him and you wouldn't know the difference. We need to sell Fellaini in the summer. He's awful.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
What are they?

I can think of chesting the ball and nodding the ball in at the back post every 10 or 12 games.

What are his other uses?
His technique and passing are both good, better than he gets credit for. He has good touch and good at holding up the ball on the edge of the final third.

I'm not saying he should be starting regularly, but he is useful in certain games. But as a sub to hold on to a lead, he continues to be the worst option we have for that. I'd rather we brought on Herrera tonight and let him press the ball and break their momentum.

Sylar

My issue with Fellaini is weird. I dont hate him or anything, and I dont fully blame him for the goal.
Its the fact that he keeps being used in the same circumstances and the same result occurs at the end.

Bringing him on when we are comfortable, dominating possession for the most part, and on the front foot is the worst idea, yet weve seen it numerous times.

Status
Not open for further replies.