Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Looks like Mourinho moved him more forward and Herrera is playing the holding role. We have seen an improvement in our team so far with that decision and very little of De Bryune. Mourinho should have been more proactive, but at least he still corrected his mistake.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Not that I doubted him for this match but he pretty much proves he's even better in big games than he's against the minnows. Probably the only player in the first half not to absolutely fecking shit has pants and give in. Our best player today, followed Silva the whole first half and done good defensive shift, moved more upfront with Herrera (who's been very good too) coming behind him and Pogba (which was surprising a bit) in the second half. Bullshit yellow for him and apparently he can't be fouled because he's big.

3KDré

Worked his bollocks off, played for the team. I really like him. Only player who has constantly received criticism, has been booed and has been hated only to come back and get stuck in. A real man.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Not that I doubted him for this match but he pretty much proves he's even better in big games than he's against the minnows. Probably the only player in the first half not to absolutely fecking shit has pants and give in. Our best player today, followed Silva the whole first half and done good defensive shift, moved more upfront with Herrera (who's been very good too) coming behind him and Pogba (which was surprising a bit) in the second half. Bullshit yellow for him and apparently he can't be fouled because he's big.
Agreed. Clattenburg seems to try too hard and misses such simple fouls. No way Fellaini should have been carded. Best United player today.

Devil may care

My least favourite player at the club but credit where it's due, he put in a lot of work and made some very good tackles.

Perrick Dubois

This was definitely the worst he has played this season and I thought his performance was that of somebody trying to stop the seams from coming undone. Never gave up though, so credit where it is due.

NinjaFletch

As I said at half time, I thought he himself did about as well as can be expected and when he got close to people and got on the ball he did fine.

Just blatantly lacks the mobility to play that role against top class opposition and him being moved forward was one of the most important changes made to get us back into the game. Not his fault he was asked to do the role and did the best he could, just doesn't have the required skill set for it. He showed he has a role to play in the big games when used right today. Considering how often Mourinho's gone up against Pep it was a pretty unfortunate error in judgement.

Minimalist

Yup, he's doing his best and it's admirable but if we're to go anywhere, he's not the kind of player you have in your best XI.

ManUtd1999

Yup, he's doing his best and it's admirable but if we're to go anywhere, he's not the kind of player you have in your best XI.
He is a good player who didn't disappoint in any game so far this season. I trust him and trust the manager's ability to get the best of him.

AR87

Best in these bigger matches next to a more defensive minded player than Pogba. Either Herrera, Carrick or Schneiderlin need to come into the midfield for matches against teams that have the type of speed and interchange that City play with.

Rada

I find it very weird that people start talking about the best 11 and how Fellaini shouldn't be in it, yet he is somehow one of the best players so far this season. I'm actually curious on how the best 11 looks like in your eyes and which players we currently have will actually be in it.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I find it very weird that people start talking about the best 11 and how Fellaini shouldn't be in it, yet he is somehow one of the best players so far this season. I'm actually curious on how the best 11 looks like in your eyes and which players we currently have will actually be in it.
There can be occasions where somebody can be playing well individually, but the team as a whole would be better with someone else. Off the top of my head, a good example of that is a decade ago when Saha started to get played instead of RVN. RVN was obviously the better player, but the team as a whole simply functioned better with Saha. It allowed other players to play to their strengths more.

Not that I'm saying this is definitely the case in this situation. I do think we need to get somebody better than him in the long-term (especially if we're going to play 4-2-3-1; perhaps not as vital in a 4-3-3), but I'm not sure whether we've got someone in our ranks who could do it better at this moment in time.

Yagami

Good post resistant
One of our better players again today. Considering how alone in the middle of the park he was at times it was impressive.

ZDwyr

He was left stranded in the first-half by Mourinho and Pogba. Despite that he battled really well and was one of our best. Think the change in position hurt him a little, he seemed to drift out of the game for periods. Absolutely shocking decision on the yellow card too.

Walters_19_MuFc

My man of the match today. He was more or less in the midfield on his own in the first half, having to deal with the dynamism of De Bruyne and Silva, and I felt he did a really good job, considering.

Stats:

Tackles - 3

Interceptions - 7

Clearances - 3

Fouls - 2

Aerials won - 7

Sb_16

How was that a yellow?

Steadily becoming one of the first name on the team sheet.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Well they're both more mobile than him so I think they might have a bit more of a chance. Not hugely Fellaini's fault, he just doesn't have the qualities you need in a game played at this pace to play that role. We already knew that, true, but its a huge part in why we're getting so over-run in midfield. More on Mourinho than Fellaini.
I like both Herrera and Morgan but goodness me,both have been much much poorer.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
He's 'not the type of player people want to watch in a United side''

''Can you imagine him playing for Barca or Real''

Yet you look at the competition people are advocating for. None meet the ridiculous hoops that Fellaini has to jump to win people's approval.

I think he will be a mainstay in this team. If he keeps playing well,then long may it continue.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Thought he did well, was involved for 90mins at the very least, wasn't sure where Pogba was half the time.

Glideman

I didn't think Fellaini was bad today, I think Mourinho got the selection and tactics wrong today.

itso 7

He was left stranded in the first-half by Mourinho and Pogba. Despite that he battled really well and was one of our best. Think the change in position hurt him a little, he seemed to drift out of the game for periods. Absolutely shocking decision on the yellow card too.
I think people are being unfair on him after he played the whole first half as a lone central midfielder with Pogba going awol for large parts of the game. I agree too that the change in position was unnecessary and its implications were that we went hoofball far too early and wasted time on hopeless punts upfield, when will managers learn the fact that pumping the ball up to Fellaini rarely works and shouldn't be our default plan B?

Mike09

So you missed the second half where Herrera came on and performed that role better then?
My man of the match today. He was more or less in the midfield on his own in the first half, having to deal with the dynamism of De Bruyne and Silva, and I felt he did a really good job, considering.

Stats:

Tackles - 3

Interceptions - 7

Clearances - 3

Fouls - 2

Aerials won - 7
Better than this?

Herrera being more mobile as a no6 wasn't the reason we were better in 2nd half, to be fair though City still did have their chances and possession in 2nd half as well. The main issue was that Lingard, Mkhitaryan, Bailly and Blind were just too awful. Fellaini did his job brilliant as a no6 during first half. The others were just ball watching in first half.

Sir Roi de Muppeterre

Before saying stuff like this, think about it. There must be a reason why he is preferred over those players. The alternative is what, that mourinho picks his name out of a hat and hoped he has a good game and got lucky?
My concern was that Fellaini would struggle against a competent midfield. This is exactly what happened today against City. He wasn't the worst player on the pitch but him and Pogba together were extremely poor in protecting the defense.

We need to change formation to 4-3-3 to get the best out of Pogba. It'll also get the best out of Fellaini. Personally, I'd like to see a midfield trio of Pogba, Herrara and Blind. But if Fellaini has to play, he should play as one of the two advance midfielders in 4-3-3 rather than a defensive midfielder in 4-2-3-1.

Magnus

Another mad swede
I won't read through cause everyone in here seems to think he is fecking Bobby Charlton. He is the least talented centremid I have ever watched being played as a fecking first choice in that position. He is worse than Liam fecking Miller. We WILL never WIN anything with him the fecking shite. He is good as a false 9 but good Lord in centre mid?????? He is a fecking waste of space. And MkHitaryan, Lingard,Blind was useless too but everyone can have an offgame. I would give my rightarm to get that fecking elbowing cnut out of the club I love. Sign Gerrard and it wouldnt piss me off more

Raw

I won't read through cause everyone in here seems to think he is fecking Bobby Charlton. He is the least talented centremid I have ever watched being played as a fecking first choice in that position. He is worse than Liam fecking Miller. We WILL never WIN anything with him the fecking shite. He is good as a false 9 but good Lord in centre mid?????? He is a fecking waste of space. And MkHitaryan, Lingard,Blind was useless too but everyone can have an offgame. I would give my rightarm to get that fecking elbowing cnut out of the club I love. Sign Gerrard and it wouldnt piss me off more
Wow.

Walters_19_MuFc

So you missed the second half where Herrera came on and performed that role better then?
1. When Herrera came on, he was played in a 3 man midfield

2. Put Herrea in a 2 man midfield, with Pogba running forward at every given moment and De Bruyne and Silva buzzing in and around you, and see how he gets on.

prath92

I don't even know where to start

Actually I know exactly where. No one has once told he is Bobby Charlton.
My concern was that Fellaini would struggle against a competent midfield. This is exactly what happened today against City. He wasn't the worst player on the pitch but him and Pogba together were extremely poor in protecting the defense.

We need to change formation to 4-3-3 to get the best out of Pogba. It'll also get the best out of Fellaini. Personally, I'd like to see a midfield trio of Pogba, Herrara and Blind. But if Fellaini has to play, he should play as one of the two advance midfielders in 4-3-3 rather than a defensive midfielder in 4-2-3-1.
Watching the game I felt he was the only one actually winning the ball in midfield. Even top CMs would find it difficult to handle one of KdB silva and nolito so it's not shocking that he was finding it difficult to handle them all at the same time. You play a prime makalele in his place and even he would have struggled simply because you can't be in 5 places at the same time.

Ixion

I just don't see a midfield with him in bossing any half decent opposition midfield. Good players like Carrick and Pogba can look average when paired with him.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I just don't see a midfield with him in bossing any half decent opposition midfield. Good players like Carrick and Pogba can look average when paired with him.
This just shows the ridiculousness of football fans. Even when Fellaini plays well so can't be criticised for his performances, it's now somehow his fault that those alongside him aren't playing very well.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Thought he was far better when pushed further up with herrera in behind.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He has done well so far. But he is still going to be limited against the better sides. He has played well and that's mainly down to Jose.

But going forward it shouldn't be too hard to get a better player into the team. I just dont think he will ever be good enough to be a regular for a team who wants to compete for titles.

Herrera or Schneiderlin really should be able to impress Jose enough to get in ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.