Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The No.10!

It's been good enough so far for Fellaini this season no doubt about that. What I'm especially impressed with is the way he's controlling his primal urges to hit out at opponents with his elbows and what not, and that calming influence has really emphasized his focus on his overall play. My biggest complain with him, apart from his generally average performances in the league, was the way in which he managed to misuse his giant body. So, if he's indeed able to redirect his physical strength, that'd be a great asset to him and the team as well.

An aspect where we might see him struggling though, seems to be pace. He's not the quickest for sure, so it'd be interesting to see how he does against the likes of KdB and Sterling this weekend! Might just prove to be the game that sets the tone for the season for him, at least!

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
A bit nervous about the quick feet of the techno midgets vs Fellaini. City's attack is probably the most suited in the PL to give him trouble.

If he comes out on top of this challenge then I for one am convinced. Also will be fun to see the duels between him and Fernandinho which I imagine will be feisty.

sergiosigurvinson

He started as a 6 at Standard de Liège. The moment the 1 year younger Axel Witsel entered the team, he moved up one position, so he was allowed to be a threat in the opposite box.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Big game for him today. He's done well so far and looked solid since Mourinho come in, but this is probably his first big game in a sense, as in a game against a fellow title contender where winning won't be just as easy. Interested to see how he does.

Blue always red

Best player on the pitch so far, Blind a close second. Good going forward and an absolute monster at breaking up play today. That one touch stuff with Pog was nice as well.

NinjaFletch

And Herrera and Schneiderlin would do any better?

Fellaini is basically playing in a one man midfield. He can't be everywhere.
Well they're both more mobile than him so I think they might have a bit more of a chance. Not hugely Fellaini's fault, he just doesn't have the qualities you need in a game played at this pace to play that role. We already knew that, true, but its a huge part in why we're getting so over-run in midfield. More on Mourinho than Fellaini.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Well they're both more mobile than him so I think they might have a bit more of a chance. Not hugely Fellaini's fault, he just doesn't have the qualities you need in a game played at this pace to play that role. We already knew that, true, but its a huge part in why we're getting so over-run in midfield. More on Mourinho than Fellaini.
Bizarre. He's been excellent. If you want an objective viewpoint WhoScored has him down as the best player on the pitch outside of the goalscorers and that's been very apparent on the pitch. No chance Herrera would've been able to do what he's done.

ManUtd1999

Fellaini our best player. If Pogba did his job, if Rooney did, if Lingard did and if the defenders didn't stand still in the first goal, we would be in a better position.

He's not the problem today. Not at all!

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Not sure how you can be blaming Fellaini for this. City are going wide early and effectively playing around the outside of Fellaini and Pogba. Our problems are more related to Lingard and Miki as well as lots of individual errors rather than Fellaini.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It's a shame he doesn't have the pace like other players which is why his elbows are so vital to him as it helps him keep on level terms with players but he's having to do twice the defensive work in midfield as Pogba isn't exactly that type of player.

NinjaFletch

Bizarre. He's been excellent. If you want an objective viewpoint WhoScored has him down as the best player on the pitch outside of the goalscorers and that's been very apparent on the pitch. No chance Herrera would've been able to do what he's done.
So I'm imaging the fact that we're getting annihilated in midfield then?

He's doing well when he can get close to players, but he's not getting near people often enough. That's not 'bizarre', thats whats happening (and besides, I've already laid the blame for it at Mourinho's door).

Bwuk

Been our best player so far. Was laughing at Nolito trying to square up to him.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!

He's doing well when he can get close to players, but he's not getting near people often enough. That's not 'bizarre', thats whats happening (and besides, I've already laid the blame for it at Mourinho's door).
You arent spotting that they are going around the outside of our center midfield area, the problem relates to our wide players allowing City free channels to bypass our central midfield.

Kag

There's too much space for City in the midfield. Fellaini's positioning hasn't helped in spite of some good battling.

Difficult to blame him, though, the manager has had a shocker and hung him out to dry in there.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Fellaini is suppose to be our holding midfielder but in the first half, De Bryune has been given so much space in the midfield. Either, Mourinho gave him poor positional instruction or Fellaini has poor spatial awareness of his opponent. The problem is twofolded and it is not only positional, but pressing aswell. Those City forward needs to have little time on the ball. Fellaini is not the only one at fault for this.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

What you said is you think Herrera or Schneiderlin could do a better job so you're clearly missing something

NinjaFletch

You arent spotting that they are going around the outside of our center midfield area, the problem relates to our wide players allowing City free channels to bypass our central midfield.
They also have complete freedom of the park when they go through the centre. He's just not got the mobility to keep tabs on any of the players that he's going up against. Again, thats not his fault, City have played pretty much this midfield in every game and we should have expected it, but I never set out to slate him. Just defend the poster who was getting criticism for saying that City's quicker players are running off him easily, which they are.

What you said is you think Herrera or Schneiderlin could do a better job so you're clearly missing something
No, all I said was they're more mobile so 'I think they might have a bit more of a chance'. They might perform worse, but Fellaini is on a hiding to nothing.

ManUtd1999

He can't stop the entire midfield of City. C'mon, let's not be harsh when he's clearly out best player and doing his job today.

DenisIrwin

That was typical. No way was that a yellow. A smaller man would never have been booked for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.