Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_toad

Have the Fellaini-lovers ever watched a decent midfielder in their lives?

He wasn't our worst player yesterday by a long shot, but he's part of the problem.

Go watch Utd v Juve in '99, then come back to me and honestly say Fellaini is good enough. Jesus wept.... Is the midfield bar set that low at Utd these days!?
Please feel free to name the Scholes, Keane partnership we have available to play who are in their prime and performing on par with 1999 Juve game?
For me he's in the team on merit, it's not ideal, but we can only pick players who actually play for us and fans should be showing some support for our players.
Just a heads up, acknowledging a row of decent performances is a sign of maturity. Rather than coming out with tosh like anyone who finds a positive loves him, that's just childish.

iKeano

Yet you got no idea what you are talking about, time to retire from watching football old guy.
:lol:

Please feel free to name the Scholes, Keane partnership we have available to play who are in their prime and performing on par with 1999 Juve game?
For me he's in the team on merit, it's not ideal, but we can only pick players who actually play for us and fans should be showing some support for our players.
Just a heads up, acknowledging a row of decent performances is a sign of maturity. Rather than coming out with tosh like anyone who finds a positive loves him, that's just childish.
"He wasn't our worst player yesterday by a long shot"

In the last 2 seasons he has played for 2 teams, who finished 6th and 5th and I believe that that is Morgan's true level and that he should not be a starter for a team aiming to win the title.
So has Fellaini, pretty much.

We have seen from his past performances Morgan has the ability to perform at a higher level, he just needs to show it at Manchester United.

Fellaini right now is the best he's ever been and likely ever will be. And it's not enough.

Rada

Just proves how clueless you are. Im even looking at your ratings and Fellaini is your lowest with 1 rating. Honestly stick to what im saying, stop watching football.

Last edited:

Perrick Dubois

Im even looking at your ratings and Fellaini is your lowest with 1 rating. Honestly stick to what im saying, stop watching football.
Yesm this is the inherent error with using "caf consensus ratings" as some sort of methodology for arguing a players ability.

prath92

Thanks for listing some other shit footballers.

Strange post.
Because you talk as if we have replaced Keane with Fellaini. There's no one in our squad like Keane at his prime so I suppose your solution is we just stop playing midfielders

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Thought against city he showed he wasn't good enough. Herrera is a far better player and should play alongside Pogba in future.

Mike09

Best midfielder defensively, which I agree is also important, but when midfielder has nothing else to contribute that is a problem, with ball at his feet he pretty much contributes nothing, he can't shield a ball without elbowing everyone around him, @Magnus is maybe overreacting a bit but generally I would agree with him. There are players that offer same defensive protection but actually having some contribution going forward. He is not Manchester United standard and never will be.

And about Schneiderlin to replace him, I don't know, but I do believe Schneiderlin from last season is far from what he can really do.
Everytime I read this I just never understand the "pretty low standard" that you just mentioned below.

People standards are pretty low these days when Fellaini is being overrated so much here, pretty depressing stuff.
The very same thing can be said to someone who believe with that bold statement. Let's just face this, how often players like Keane, Scholes, Robson or even Carrick appear every year? How many out there are available every year?
Im not sure what Schneiderlin has done in the past which convince people like you to think or believe he is or can be the standard what we need but Fellaini isn't. I'm sorry but it sounds to me that you are just hating the player and being unfair. Fellaini has done very good so far, no need to have a full 11 world class players in starting eleven. Even when we won treble and double we didn't have full world class 11, neither Barcelona when they won La Liga and CL.

Last edited:

Mike09

Thought against city he showed he wasn't good enough. Herrera is a far better player and should play alongside Pogba in future.
Check this out

My man of the match today. He was more or less in the midfield on his own in the first half, having to deal with the dynamism of De Bruyne and Silva, and I felt he did a really good job, considering.

Stats:

Tackles - 3

Interceptions - 7

Clearances - 3

Fouls - 2

Aerials won - 7

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Weird that he is getting praise for a game in which de bruyne and silva ran absolutely riot in the half spaces between midfield and defence. By what metric did he do a good job?

He will always be a headless elbow swinging chicken. And beloved by mourinho for his physicality.

Ferguson would have have dropped him for the lump he is ages ago.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Check this out
All that shows is that he did well when he actually got close to the ball. There is more to holding the midfield than running around like a dog chasing a stick.

Mike09

Weird that he is getting praise for a game in which de bruyne and silva ran absolutely riot in the half spaces between midfield and defence. By what metric did he do a good job?

He will always be a headless elbow swinging chicken. And beloved by mourinho for his physicality.

Ferguson would have have dropped him for the lump he is ages ago.
That's what she said about Jose and LVG before their first season started.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Coming from a guy who likes Fellaini...He might have got good stats but in the first half he looked out of his depth.

He looked far too cumbersome and his passing was wayward. Pep must have loved us having two big Giants in midfield where he can play pretty passes around us in triangles.

In the second half Herrera added a more nimble ball winning presence in midfield and we looked more able to compete.

Fellaini is still a solid DM for most opposition but a Kante is a higher level operator because he has pace and nimbleness. Fellaini is not a top tier DM and against quick teams who pass ball very quick he can look like a clumsy oaf.

Mike09

All that shows is that he did well when he actually got close to the ball. There is more to holding the midfield than running around like a dog chasing a stick.
Common excuse from hater.

TrustInJanuzaj

Check this out
His passing is still far too slow, he couldn't get to grips with De Bruyne, but I do have abit of sympathy for him as Mourinho should have built a 3 man midfield to combat cities. I didn't think fellaini was the worst player but still isn't mobile enough to be our DM next to Pogba and Herrera could have done more. The stats really don't tell the full story in this game and again highlights to me how pointless they are when analysing a player.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

But everyone knows he is no Carrick when it comes to passing, no one should expect him to dictate a game.

I thought in the 1st half he was the only player really contributing. intercepted a good bunch of attacks, which is his job.

Ban

Of course Fellaini gets the blame they outrun us in midfield. Other 10 players were good I suppose. He was a DM but he needed help from his teammates.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
That's what she said about Jose and LVG before their first season started.
I accurately predicted that mourinho would love him.

He epitomises the worst tendencies in managers. He's is nothing like what they aspire to but everything they feel they need when under pressure.

Except Jose loves him for his default approach.

Ban

I accurately predicted that mourinho would love him.

He epitomises the worst tendencies in managers. He's is nothing like what they aspire to but everything they feel they need when under pressure.

Except Jose loves him for his default approach.
So Jose plays him when under pressure or what?

B20

Supports
Liverpool
But everyone knows he is no Carrick when it comes to passing, no one should expect him to dictate a game.

I thought in the 1st half he was the only player really contributing. intercepted a good bunch of attacks, which is his job.
I am not even talking about his work on the ball. He should be positioning himself to cut off the lines of passing, constrict the space. He goes where the ball is.

In fairness to him, that has been his remit for years. It is more Mourinho's fault for thinking he can play that role.

Mike09

His passing is still far too slow, he couldn't get to grips with De Bruyne, but I do have abit of sympathy for him as Mourinho should have built a 3 man midfield to combat cities. I didn't think fellaini was the worst player but still isn't mobile enough to be our DM next to Pogba and Herrera could have done more. The stats really don't tell the full story in this game and again highlights to me how pointless they are when analysing a player.
I don't know what do you mean his passing is still far too slow. During the game he also did one touch passing. He couldn't get to grips with De Bruyne? It looks to me that Bailly couldn't get to grips with De Bruyne. It's not about being mobile enough, but there are too many players on the field were ball watching and Fellaini was one of the player who gave feck at least. You can't expect a single player to stop 3 players by himself while the others were just ball watching in first half.

TrustInJanuzaj

Of course Fellaini gets the blame they outrun us in midfield. Other 10 players were good I suppose. He was a DM but he needed help from his teammates.
Do you honestly think he's good enough at DM to win us the title? If I'm being honest I don't think he is, he has his strengths and in certain games that makes him perfect but he also has some glaring weaknesses such as his lack of pace and mobility and poor passing ability and that was exploited against city. Herreras mobility would have been much more useful to combat cities midfield because honestly in that first half we lost all our 50/50s and couldn't get onto the second ball.

I still believe that next summer the DM is a position we need to really think long and hard about. We are going to need to find that rare player that can both control the tempo of play whilst also protecting our defence in complement to Pogba. (A young Carrick would be perfect)

B20

Supports
Liverpool
So Jopse plays him when under pressure or what?
Christ...

No. He doesn't because he is negative enough that he loves and encourages what others fall back to when cornered.

Ban

Christ...

No. He doesn't because he is negative enough that he loves and encourages what others fall back to when cornered.
Yeah whatever.
Talking to a Liverpool supporter about him. My mistake.

Mike09

This is the full and true story of Fellaini vs City. Amusing how people don't realise this, even the stats back it up.

TrustInJanuzaj

I don't know what do you mean his passing is still far too slow. During the game he also did one touch passing. He couldn't get to grips with De Bruyne? It looks to me that Bailly couldn't get to grips with De Bruyne. It's not about being mobile enough, but there are too many players on the field were ball watching and Fellaini was one of the player who gave feck at least. You can't expect a single player to stop 3 players by himself while the others were just ball watching in first half.
Pogba had a better first half in my opinion than fellaini who was just a bystander. Our problem first half was they we just got outcompeted. Every first and second ball was going to city players all over the pitch and too many of our players were losing the ball cheaply. Pogba was one of the few players first half that could hold his own physically and not give the ball away cheaply. Now fellaini also wasn't too bad at holding the ball but his passing was less progressive than Pogba and he made quite afew sloppy passes. We were crying out for more energy in the midfield which is why I still think Herrera would have been far better, just as he was in the second half when suddenly we started winning those first and second balls and the game reversed. Fellaini just wasn't the right player against city in a 2 man midfield, in a 3 he might have got away with it more with others covering his weaknesses.

Ban

Do you honestly think he's good enough at DM to win us the title? If I'm being honest I don't think he is, he has his strengths and in certain games that makes him perfect but he also has some glaring weaknesses such as his lack of pace and mobility and poor passing ability and that was exploited against city. Herreras mobility would have been much more useful to combat cities midfield because honestly in that first half we lost all our 50/50s and couldn't get onto the second ball.

I still believe that next summer the DM is a position we need to really think long and hard about. We are going to need to find that rare player that can both control the tempo of play whilst also protecting our defence in complement to Pogba. (A young Carrick would be perfect)
Wouldn't it be more logical to buy a classical DM instead of trying to find a rare player. A DM who will protect the defense but will have 2 more midfielders who are assigned with passing. Of course its great to have a Modrić type of player but as you said those kind of players are rare.
People accuse Fellaini of bad passing but in some other formation maybe that even shouldn't be a issue. He should have the responsibility of protecting the back 4 and passing it to the nearest player when winning the ball from opposition.

TrustInJanuzaj

Wouldn't it be more logical to buy a classical DM instead of trying to find a rare player. A DM who will protect the defense but will have 2 more midfielders who are assigned with passing. Of course its great to have a Modrić type of player but as you said those kind of players are rare.
People accuse Fellaini of bad passing but in some other formation maybe that even shouldn't be a issue. He should have the responsibility of protecting the back 4 and passing it to the nearest player when winning the ball from opposition.
No personally at the top level and for top clubs you can't get away with a Just a simple pure DM. All the best teams have got that player that can dictate the game be it Kroos-modric at Madrid, Alonso or Busquets at Bayern and Barca they start the attacks and shield the defence with intelligent play. Mourinho likes to play a 4-2-3-1 and that isn't going to change. I think next season we will get in someone like Griezman to play the number 10 role and then we will seriously need to look around for a high quality number 6. Just for an example let's say we got verratti (I know it's unrealistic but roll with it) our midfield would look like this

Verratti------
-------------Pogba
-----Griezmann

In order to get the best out of Pogba you need a player that can control the tempo of the game like pirlo used to do at Juve and we currently don't have a player like that and fellaini is certainly a million miles from that player.

Mike09

Pogba had a better first half in my opinion than fellaini who was just a bystander. Our problem first half was they we just got outcompeted. Every first and second ball was going to city players all over the pitch and too many of our players were losing the ball cheaply. Pogba was one of the few players first half that could hold his own physically and not give the ball away cheaply. Now fellaini also wasn't too bad at holding the ball but his passing was less progressive than Pogba and he made quite afew sloppy passes. We were crying out for more energy in the midfield which is why I still think Herrera would have been far better, just as he was in the second half when suddenly we started winning those first and second balls and the game reversed. Fellaini just wasn't the right player against city in a 2 man midfield, in a 3 he might have got away with it more with others covering his weaknesses.
I think this is wasting too much of my time. Have a nice day.

Ban

No personally at the top level and for top clubs you can't get away with a Just a simple pure DM. All the best teams have got that player that can dictate the game be it Kroos-modric at Madrid, Alonso or Busquets at Bayern and Barca they start the attacks and shield the defence with intelligent play. Mourinho likes to play a 4-2-3-1 and that isn't going to change. I think next season we will get in someone like Griezman to play the number 10 role and then we will seriously need to look around for a high quality number 6. Just for an example let's say we got verratti (I know it's unrealistic but roll with it) our midfield would look like this

Verratti------
-------------Pogba
-----Griezmann

In order to get the best out of Pogba you need a player that can control the tempo of the game like pirlo used to do at Juve and we currently don't have a player like that and fellaini is certainly a million miles from that player.
Veratti.. If only.
Maybe Morgan can be that man for this season at least.

TrustInJanuzaj

Veratti.. If only.
Maybe Morgan can be that man for this season at least.
Yeh I know verratti would be a dream but that's never going to happen, but then that's what we pay our scouting team for so let's hope they pull a gem out.

Mike09

I'd like to know how you think fellaini was better
Try to read my post, I said he had a good game and one of the player who gave feck. Majority other players were just ball watching and lazy. Don't expect a single player try to win every single ball while the others were just ball watching. The stats back it up and even City was clearly dominate the game and had the possession because we were just ball watching when City had the possession. Never mind about being a good passer, Pep will always play possession football if majority players were ball watching, it will be difficult to take the ball from them. Herrera came in was so much helpful not because mainly he's mobile or better passer than Fellaini but because he gave feck like Fellaini, not ball watching, put pressure on City's players.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Just proves how clueless you are. Im even looking at your ratings and Fellaini is your lowest with 1 rating. Honestly stick to what im saying, stop watching football.
Wouldn't bother, he's a guy who was making up statistics about Fellaini last season to make him look bad, best thrown into your ignore list.

You don't get 7 interceptions 'running around like a dog chasing a stick'.

As to your former point, in that metric that he was the only guy to still somehow keep the midfield together if there was one. Pogba completly folded, so did most of our team and by default outnumbered us in the midfield which, as most agree, was the biggest problem. Once we added the 3rd midfielder, things started looking better although I'd rather throw Herrera in Fellaini's position making Ander play a bit more ahead of him, rather than what we've seen. Funnily enough it is Fellaini who was meant to crack under the pressure and it was our wingers who couldn't control simple balls and our defence who decided to have a completly off day.

Apart from that, he was on marking Silva duty, mind you that first half Silva indeed was pretty ineffective, compared to second when Fellaini was moved further up the pitch and Silva started creating and running attacks himself.

sergiosigurvinson

I am not even talking about his work on the ball. He should be positioning himself to cut off the lines of passing, constrict the space. He goes where the ball is.

In fairness to him, that has been his remit for years. It is more Mourinho's fault for thinking he can play that role.
When players of the opposite team are allowed to run between the lines, noone can cut off the lines of passing on his own.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He was really hamstrung by how utterly diabolical everyone else was around him especially the wingers. Wasn't great himself but came out looking a lot better than his teammates.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Fellaini potential ban
Marouane Fellaini will find out later if the FA are ready to charge him after Saturday’s elbow incident that left Kolarov missing a tooth.

Reports suggest he has been told they are examining the incident.

If found guilty it would be a three match ban, meaning he would miss Watford, Northampton and Leicester.

Red_toad

Fellaini potential ban
Marouane Fellaini will find out later if the FA are ready to charge him after Saturday’s elbow incident that left Kolarov missing a tooth.

Reports suggest he has been told they are examining the incident.

If found guilty it would be a three match ban, meaning he would miss Watford, Northampton and Leicester.

Was that the incident where he ran under his arm and fell over? Wasn't even a foul, in my opinion (only watched it during the game with no replay). But ref saw it as he gave a not warranted freekick.

Daniel_M7

Is that even possible considering that Clattenburg saw the incident and gave Fellaini a yellow card?

Status
Not open for further replies.