Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike09

How was it Pogba's job to pick up De Bruyne? Pogba was the further ahead of the two midfielders. If anything, De Bruyne was Fellaini's to pick.
I am quoting just that one glaring time. He lost his man multiple times. Anyway, I think both Pogba and Fellaini were largely poor that game so I am not trying to discuss this further.
It's a waste of time if you don't want to listen and read people post. We already told you to re watch the scenes again but you are being stubborn and believe what you think it's true even though it's wrong. Pogba was clearly had one job for the first goal.

NK86

It's a waste of time if you don't want to listen and read people post. We already told you to re watch the scenes again but you are being stubborn and believe what you think it's true even though it's wrong. Pogba was clearly had one job for the first goal.

Where was Fellaini? He was nowhere om the scene? Hence proved it was Pogba's fault? Who was Fellaini picking up when he was supposed to be the deeper of the two midfielders? Why don't you answer that?

Mike09

Where was Fellaini? He was nowhere om the scene? Hence proved it was Pogba's fault? Who was Fellaini picking up when he was supposed to be the deeper of the two midfielders? Why don't you answer that?
You know I have been answering those so many times but you don't read them, I don't like telling people so many times because I feel like becoming a parent who keep telling his spoiled son who never listen. This is the 3rd time I say this, you need to rewatch the scenes again!!!
Fellaini went to get his man (David Silva). Pogba was standing next to De Bruyne. And you were asking where was Fellaini? Were you taking a nap mate? Why Fellaini has to pick up De Bruyne when Pogba was with De Bruyne? If Fellaini went to closed down De Bruyne who was with Pogba so who's going to mark Silva? This is why I already told you can't expect a single player to do everything by himself, trying to expect Fellaini to mark both Silva and De Bruyne at the same time while the others were just ball watching it's ridiculous!! Think first before you talk! And please read my posts or rewatch the scenes again so I don't have to repeat this again!

NK86

You know I have been answering those so many times but you don't read them, I don't like telling people so many times because I feel like becoming a parent who keep telling his spoiled son who never listen. This is the 3rd time I say this, you need to rewatch the scenes again!!!
Fellaini went to get his man (David Silva). Pogba was standing next to De Bruyne. And you were asking where was Fellaini? Were you taking a nap mate? Why Fellaini has to pick up De Bruyne when Pogba was with De Bruyne? If Fellaini went to closed down De Bruyne who was with Pogba so who's going to mark Silva? This is why I already told you can't expect a single player to do everything by himself, trying to expect Fellaini to mark both Silva and De Bruyne at the same time while the others were just ball watching it's ridiculous!! Think first before you talk! And please read my posts or rewatch the scenes again so I don't have to repeat this again!
Stop being condescending. I watched the whole match again. I never claimed Fellaini was at fault for the goal but Fellaini was poor along with Pogba. If Fellaini was so good at his job, Silva would not have been running circles around him to the point where Mourinho would have had to push Fellaini further up and putting Herrera (who isn't even a DM) in the deeper role. If Fellaini was doing his job, Herrera wouldn't have been the one hassling the opponents. Fellaini was only better in the second half when he was acting as a target for long balls.

De Bruyne wasn't the only one causing issues. Fellaini's man Silva was pulling all the strings in midfield while Fellaini was ball watching many times.

So next time, watch the whole match instead of highlights of the goals and come back to discuss in a more mature manner. If you are interested in trying to act condescending and know-it-all again, you can take a hike.

Mike09

Stop being condescending. I watched the whole match again. I never claimed Fellaini was at fault for the goal but Fellaini was poor along with Pogba. If Fellaini was so good at his job, Silva would not have been running circles around him to the point where Mourinho would have had to push Fellaini further up and putting Herrera (who isn't even a DM) in the deeper role. If Fellaini was doing his job, Herrera wouldn't have been the one hassling the opponents. Fellaini was only better in the second half when he was acting as a target for long balls.

De Bruyne wasn't the only one causing issues. Fellaini's man Silva was pulling all the strings in midfield while Fellaini was ball watching many times.

So next time, watch the whole match instead of highlights of the goals and come back to discuss in a more mature manner. If you are interested in trying to act condescending and know-it-all again, you can take a hike.
How am I not being condescending if you are keep trying to defend yourself so badly even though you know you are wrong.
First, I never say you were claiming Fellaini was at fault for the goal. I was against your statement of saying Pogba wasn't involved with the goal. Read first before you make a wrong statement!

Second, You are telling me to watch the whole game instead of highlights. How fantastic! Oh ffs! May be I should just watch the game with you so I know if you actually didn't take a nap when you were watching.

Third, how can Fellaini was considered to be poor along with Pogba if he made this kind of contribution:

Tackles - 3
Interceptions - 7
Clearances - 3
Fouls - 2
Aerials won - 7

Fourth, funny because Silva wasn't even a threat during first half. Were you watching the game or taking a nap?

Fifth, just because Herrera came in as a deeper role doesn't mean Fellaini played poor, Jose was clearly changing the playing style to catch a goal by putting Fellaini further up field and Herrera was in to support Fellaini who was doing a one man midfield job by himself in first half.

Sixth, Fellaini had 2 interceptions in second half and 5 in first half. Silva was more a threat in second half not in first half. Fellaini had a better first half than second half sorry mate you might want to watch the first half because you were taking a nap.

Last thing, i will say this for the fourth time, please re watch the scenes or the game again!!
http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/...vs-manchester-city-highlights-full-match-2/4/
A full match to watch it again. Rather than spending days after days arguing with me, just spend your 45 min to watch the first half carefully!!

NK86

How am I not being condescending if you are keep trying to defend yourself so badly even though you know you are wrong.
First, I never say you were claiming Fellaini was at fault for the goal. I was against your statement of saying Pogba wasn't involved with the goal. Read first before you make a wrong statement!

Second, You are telling me to watch the whole game instead of highlights. How fantastic! Oh ffs! May be I should just watch the game with you so I know if you actually didn't take a nap when you were watching.

Third, how can Fellaini was considered to be poor along with Pogba if he made this kind of contribution:

Tackles - 3
Interceptions - 7
Clearances - 3
Fouls - 2
Aerials won - 7

Fourth, funny because Silva wasn't even a threat during first half. Were you watching the game or taking a nap?

Fifth, just because Herrera came in as a deeper role doesn't mean Fellaini played poor, Jose was clearly changing the playing style to catch a goal by putting Fellaini further up field and Herrera was in to support Fellaini who was doing a one man midfield job by himself in first half.

Sixth, Fellaini had 2 interceptions in second half and 5 in first half. Silva was more a threat in second half not in first half. Fellaini had a better first half than second half sorry mate you might want to watch the first half because you were taking a nap.

Last thing, i will say this for the fourth time, please re watch the scenes or the game again!!
http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/...vs-manchester-city-highlights-full-match-2/4/
A full match to watch it again. Rather than spending days after days arguing with me, just spend your 45 min to watch the first half carefully!!
I was right. You are a douche. Going on ignore! As for the nap, I didn't take one during the game but your post actually did make me take one.

If you think Silva wasn't a threat during the first half, you were perhaps having your head far up your own arse to notice it.

The stats also don't show how much he missed because he couldn't get near the ball but yeah keep repeating those stats without knowing that they don't paint the whole picture.

Gazza

Tackles - 3
Interceptions - 7
Clearances - 3
Fouls - 2
Aerials won - 7

Just a tip mate: THAT is how you're being condescending. Someone takes the time to respond to you and you belittle them with a comment like that. No surprise the chap has put you on ignore

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Seriously, have you watched the footage? Pogba was the man closest to De Bruyne, Fellaini was already dealing with another player. Pogba stops tracking De Bruyne, he basically just lets him get away from him. He was within 2-3 paces of him and started to track him and then simply stopped.

NK86

Seriously, have you watched the footage? Pogba was the man closest to De Bruyne, Fellaini was already dealing with another player. Pogba stops tracking De Bruyne, he basically just lets him get away from him. He was within 2-3 paces of him and started to track him and then simply stopped.
I agree Pogba was at fault. However to say that Fellaini was good in midfield is not true especially since Silva was his man to track and he absolutely ran riot in the first half and dictated the tempo.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I agree Pogba was at fault. However to say that Fellaini was good in midfield is not true especially since Silva was his man to track and he absolutely ran riot in the first half and dictated the tempo.
Fair enough, I wasnt saying that Fellaini was any good but just pointing out he wasnt at fault for that goal. Personally I would prefer Fellaini wasnt in the starting 11 but I also think he gets more abuse on here than he deserves.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
This thread is getting to the point where the praise for him is very over the top. He's had an ok season in the DM slot but he's done nothing that another player of limited ability could also do. There's a lot of people in this thread who simply defend him for the sake of it because they feel he gets a hard time (I'm guilty of it with Rooney) but his performances haven't been all that fantastic. He's been putting in consitent 6/10 for me but if we really want to progress as a team we need a real playmaker alongside Pogba that can read the game well while also setting the tempo. Fellaini has filled in his job better than expected but he really isn't some world beater.

Kostur

海尔的老板
This thread is getting to the point where the praise for him is very over the top. He's had an ok season in the DM slot but he's done nothing that another player of limited ability could also do. There's a lot of people in this thread who simply defend him for the sake of it because they feel he gets a hard time (I'm guilty of it with Rooney) but his performances haven't been all that fantastic. He's been putting in consitent 6/10 for me but if we really want to progress as a team we need a real playmaker alongside Pogba that can read the game well while also setting the tempo. Fellaini has filled in his job better than expected but he really isn't some world beater.
This thread has no middle ground as people still try to imply that he's been shite that game and we've had no midfield because he's X, Y, Z. Basically welcome to Fellaini thread.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Fellaini was one of the better players in the first half. Not good, but better than most of our other players

NK86

Fair enough, I wasnt saying that Fellaini was any good but just pointing out he wasnt at fault for that goal. Personally I would prefer Fellaini wasnt in the starting 11 but I also think he gets more abuse on here than he deserves.
I agree and that was my point from the beginning. In fact after the game I said that he wasn't bad. But some on here are hell bent on proving like he was the lone warrior having a performance like that of Keane in the '99 CL semi-final. That is the only thing I have an issue with.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Delighted that he didn't play today, 3 man midfield today, still feck all created by our almighty midfielders and in the end it's Feyenoord's midfielder that goes untracked and scores the goal on a semi counter.

Blue always red

Delighted that he didn't play today, 3 man midfield today, still feck all created by our almighty midfielders and in the end it's Feyenoord's midfielder that goes untracked and scores the goal on a semi counter.
Nah m9 his presence on the bench took up a spot that could be filled by another £50m midfielder. His head probably put off all our players as well.

Ace of Spades

The goal was offside, and there is no guarantee that Fellaini being there would have made any difference at all.

Kostur

海尔的老板
The goal was offside, and there is no guarantee that Fellaini being there would have made any difference at all.
I'm not saying he would, no, but he still got murdered by some by being 'ghosted' by KDB and Silva. Well the probably preferred #6 duo, who actually played in a trio today, got ghosted by fecking Vilhena, Kuyt and El Ahmadi.

Last edited:

Ace of Spades

I'm not saying he would, no, but he still got murdered by some by being 'ghosted' by KDB and Silva. Well the probably preferred #6 duo, who actually played in a trio today, got ghosted by fecking Villhena, Kuyt and El Mahmadi.
Apart from the usual suspects, most people did say that Mourinho got it tactically wrong and it was not completely down to Fellaini.

prath92

He wouldn't have made any difference today imo.

But today's midfield would have been steamrollered by city

Mike09

Just a tip mate: THAT is how you're being condescending. Someone takes the time to respond to you and you belittle them with a comment like that. No surprise the chap has put you on ignore
Hmmm. Mate, I took my time to respond his but he didn't read a single of my comments. I am positive my post is long enough which is showing how much time I took for it and how much I care about the discussion. It took me four times to tell him until he admits that Pogba involves with the goal we conceded. When he keeps being stubborn like that and telling me to watch the game instead of highlights, it cant be helped but I have to reply him with a comment of him taking a nap.

Mike09

I was right. You are a douche. Going on ignore! As for the nap, I didn't take one during the game but your post actually did make me take one.

If you think Silva wasn't a threat during the first half, you were perhaps having your head far up your own arse to notice it.

The stats also don't show how much he missed because he couldn't get near the ball but yeah keep repeating those stats without knowing that they don't paint the whole picture.
You were right of what? You were right of Pogba wasn't involved with the City's goal? You were right of Fellaini should mark both De Bruyne and Silva at the same time? You were right of Fellaini being poor? You got nothing to prove me that you were right. I did prove you and give you scene of City's goal and I gave you the stats of Fellaini. I even ask nicely with "please" to you to watch the first half again and I even being nice giving you the link. Well done for wasting my time, it took me 4th time to convinced you that Pogba was involve with the goal. I don't know how many time it will take you to admit Fellaini was the only one gave feck and had a good game especially in first half.

the hea

He's been our best midfielder so far this season and the players that played today did nothing to suggest any different, he'll be back in the team on Sunday there's no doubt about that.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's our 2nd best midfielder.

Which, no disrespect meant to Fellaini, is a problem.

ZDwyr

He's our 2nd best midfielder.

Which, no disrespect meant to Fellaini, is a problem.
I would say he's been our best midfielder this season. Which is definitely a problem, particularly with Pogba in the team. Needs to get himself going.

Eddy_JukeZ

I would say he's been our best midfielder this season. Which is definitely a problem, particularly with Pogba in the team. Needs to get himself going.
I agree. I meant generally, he's our 2nd best midfielder. Both a problem though.

Giggs86

We've been missing him today. Dutch feckers came to play elbow-rugby, we've missed his grittiness badly.

Eddy_JukeZ

I don't see why that's a problem. He is hardly the pub player that people say he is.
I wasn't implying that. He's a good player.

Just that there's a higher standard of midfielders in the world and if Felllaini is your 2nd best midfielder, I think it's a problem.

the hea

He won 5 headers in the first half and won us the ball back on numerous occasions and he plays alongside Pogba, not Rooney. But don't let facts get in the way your moans.

Kag

Fellaini is a good player that many people think is shite. It's why when he plays remotely half decent, the same people pretend he's putting in some kind of midfield masterclass.

He isn't good enough in this midfield role, our midfield lacks balance and his form this season has been greatly exaggerated. Schneiderlin put in a similar performance on Thursday night and was hounded, which is usually the case when we lose a match. As will be found when everybody criticises Fellaini if/when we lose today.

mewnew11

He looses the header duel and the other teams attack starts. He is not good enough to feature in a 2 man midfield.

There was a moment in the half where he just charged onto a player leaving his position opening up space for their midfield when they had the ball.

It's a poor footballing brain, no two ways about it

Status
Not open for further replies.